Wagon And Coach Identification.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pure nostalgia, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Pure nostalgia

Pure nostalgia Member

I have had this problem for a while now, it suddenly happened, it was ok with this monitor, now in the uncouple hud, only the bottom half of the vehicle identification number is showing, the loco id is central and ok. it is driving me nuts as i am just learning yard duties.

2. ProfCreeptonius

ProfCreeptonius Well-Known Member

Hello!

Unless you have third party add-ons, I recommend verifying the integrity of your local files via steam. If you don't know how to do that, please tell me.
    If you do have third party add-ons, then we'll need to do more work on what to backup and what not to.
    To make certain I'm not missing something, please give me a screenshot of the situation.

Cheers,
    ProfCreeptonius

3. Pure nostalgia

Pure nostalgia Member

Thank Prof, here is a screenshot. Route Just Trains "South Devon Main Line" Capture.jpg . Scenario "Early Morning Manoeuvres"

4. Pure nostalgia

Pure nostalgia Member

As you can see, it is impossible to carry out any shunting duties. I am not sure if it is just third party scenarios or not, I will have to make a note.

5. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

Try hitting F7 (I think it is...if not just spam other Function keys) which will create markers in the 3D world above all the stock with the number displayed in it, and when you find the right place with the help of the markers, click on the coupler in the 3D world instead of using the HUD.

6. Pure nostalgia

Pure nostalgia Member

This is a Steam route Sherman Hill, "Granite via Wycome" Same problem. Capture-2.jpg

7. Pure nostalgia

Pure nostalgia Member

I am new to shunting. Never used that before pschilk, I will give it a try.

Mike

8. ProfCreeptonius

Hi,
    I'm a bit annoyed to be fairly honest. I can't find a solution - it's the first time such nonsense happened to me.
    I presume a file might be damaged - you could try and verify the integrity of the game files, that could help. However, in the (unfortunately likely) event that the verification doesn't detect errors and you still have this problem, I fear that we'll need to completely reinstall the game. If you can give us more details as to how that happened, we might find clues in the solution.

pschlik to my knowledge and on my machine that only shows platform names, not consist names, but if it works, then go for it. It's supposed to be F7 (if it works).

Good luck, you're gonna need it
    -ProfCreeptonius

9. Pure nostalgia

Pure nostalgia Member

On my computer pressing F7 just gives the consist name.

10. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I believe the label toggle is F6
    It looks to me as though your HUD is zoomed in as the buttons on mine are much larger. Don't know if putting mouse in the wagon listing and scrolling with the mouse wheel might zoom in and out? Not on the right computer to check

11. ProfCreeptonius

It does look zoomed, but the Mousewheel or Mouseclicks or the key combination I tried don't do anything.
    I already tried it. I noticed that changing the resolution of the game minimally effects the scale of the numbers, so one could try to change resolutions and then to change back.
    I was looking through the files and found some GUI setting files which are not accessible via the game (I think), so a guess would be that those files are broken. That's why I reccomended to verify the files.
    Furthermore F6 shows station names, F7 shows consist names. But I don't know how the problem could possibly occur and I have never had anything of the kind.

Prof

12. Pure nostalgia

Pure nostalgia Member

I wonder if using a 4k tv through Hdmi has any thing to do with it?. I have it set at the only resolution that fits the screen.

Mike

13. ProfCreeptonius

Perhaps try to downscale the resolution just as an experiment?
    If you don't see the options, keep in mind that resolutions can only be changed if you're in 'fullscreen' mode, not borderless.

Good Luck,
    Prof

14. Pure nostalgia

Pure nostalgia Member

Well guys it is all down to screen resolution. I had it set at 4096x2160 in borderlass mode, as i use Thirdrails Map. Yes Prof in borderless mode. I find if i set the resolution in Full Screen, save and start the game, then go back to settings and change back to borderless, it keeps the resolution that i set for the full screen.
    I have had to drop down to something like 1920x1080 to get the hud coupling numbers to display correctly.
    So a little experimenting is required.
    Thank you all for helping me sort this out.
    Mike

15. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Glad we found the issue and hopefully its something that others won't fall over