Some Questions About Db Br 101

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by kosti.nuuja, Apr 12, 2021.

1. kosti.nuuja

kosti.nuuja Well-Known Member

-Will it add services for more routes than HRR?
    -Will it have LZB?

2. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

Unknown at this time, but unlikely.
    Yes, definitely.

Cheers

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
  3. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

TL : DR:
    -No
    -Yes

It is not impossible for it to have services on more routes, but seriously unlikely. If it was the case, we would've been told already as that's one of the major gripes with this DLC. It is only on HRR, where the runs are super short and you don't even reach the top speed (but without a cab car it can't be used on HMA...). That being said the value of this DLC will (hopefully) increase with time as new routes (and maybe new timetables for old routes) will probably have something in the timetable for this (Hamburg-Lübeck could probably be that). So expect it to ONLY be on HRR now (and from what I've heard, the services are truly not spectacular, not a surprise there).

• Like Like x 6
  4. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

Oops. Yes, you are right that it is unlikely to add services on other routes. I had misread it originally, asking if it would substitute onto other routes. I edited my post accordingly.

Cheers

5. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

As already said, probably no services on other routes. Most definetely LZB.

The 101 is one of my favourite locos IRL, and it's kinda dissapointing to see it with only two types of coaches, no cab car, and restricted to a route where it can't even stretch its legs due to the short length and 160 km/h speed limit. When it ws first announced I thought it would be an instant-buy, now I'll wait for a preview stream, but it will probably be a 'buy later on sale'-loco for me.

• Like Like x 5
  6. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Unless it gets a layered timetable for HMA, where it can run to speed.

• Like Like x 1
  7. jolojonasgames

Yes, having it layer onto more routes likr RRO, HMA, etc. would make the DLC totally worth it onceagain for me. Really hope they'll do that, looking forward to getting more info on it.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Aran

Aran Well-Known Member

HMA is out of the question because they didn't include a Cab-Car, which would be needed to use München HBF. RRO Layers would be possible but DTG have said that it will only add layers onto HRR.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. breblimator

breblimator Guest

link soon, we will find out

10. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

It was confirmed to have LZB.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

They could still have one loco bring the train in, another one stored in München take it away and rotate this way... or you know... use a diesel shunter... maybe some they have made... that got overwhelmingly positive reviews... and could have another route layer as well.

• Like Like x 4
  12. kosti.nuuja

Or there can be two locos on the both sides of the train.

• Like Like x 1
  13. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

With just services on HRR, I'm unlikely to buy this. It'll probably be a sale purchase when I see what layers it adds to future releases.

• Like Like x 4
  14. jolojonasgames

Totally correct. With Diesel Legends of Great Western they showed they could implement such operations. IRL many Eurocitys in München use such maneuvers. It would be fun to see another 101 couple to the back of an IC that just arrived into München, to take the coaches back in the other direction, while the original 101 returns to the sidings as a light loco for the next train.

Sandwich formations would be another option, but not one I'd prefer.

• Like Like x 1
  15. kosti.nuuja

BUT. If the release of BR101 is a hint for next new German route for TSW2? Maybe Köln - Koblenz, Riesa - Dresden, München - Rosenheim or Hamburg - Hannover?

16. jolojonasgames

Undoubtably they kept in mind that it would be better if the loco can be seen on future routes. Problem is: the 101 can be seen on pretty much all German mainlines. DTG probably just thought "chances are that we'll make a route on which it runs soon anyways, so adding it could never hurt"

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  17. nielsmallant100

nielsmallant100 Well-Known Member

If the Br101 is not usable on other route's timetables, then it was a huge mistake to have it made for HRR. HRR is a nice route, but completely misses the point of the Br 101. It's an INTERCITY train, capable of 200 under LZB. I don't even think HRR has working LZB atm, as it does IRL. HRR is a stopper route, not an intercity route. This loc wants to be placed on a longer route where it belongs. Making the Br 101 for HRR kinda sounds like DTG forcing people to buy a route not many people have yet so they can play with their Br 101.

18. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Why is everybody mentioning HRR having LZB? It is a 160 km/h route, it does not need one and I haven't found a single mention of it having one. You need LZB once you go OVER 160 (which you don't do here) or when you have super dense traffic like München S-Bahn Stammstrecke (which you don't have here).
    I do agree with the need for more things for 101 to do though.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Aran

Aran Well-Known Member

HRR does not have LZB in real life, but I do agree with your statement. It just seems ludicrous to cram a whole section of DB Traffic into one Loco DLC. ICEs have their own routes, do do S-Bahns, RBs and REs, and ICs should get that aswell. Rather than putting it all into one Loco DLC which misses around halkf of the consist.

• Like Like x 1
  20. kosti.nuuja

True. BR 101 is just a marketing trick to get people buy HRR.

• Like Like x 1
  21. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

That's not strictly true. There are many reasons to use LZB that don't involve speeds over 160. Heck, there's even one Dosto cab-car variant that has LZB equipped- as do the Munchen S-Bahn 423s.

• Like Like x 1