PC Crr Sd40 Engine Audio Cuts Out

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Oli R C, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Oli R C

Oli R C Member

Every time I've run a timetable service with the SD40 on Clinchfield, I lose engine audio.

At the start of the service, everything appears normal. I prepare the train and wait for the brakes to release. Then just at the point of wheels beginning to turn after applying power, engine audio cuts out either entirely, or partially (as though I can sometimes still hear the other power units behind).

If I wish to continue the service, I have to do it with what little audio remains, which has no correlation with throttle level, so as you can imagine, that's a pretty dismal experience.

I have run the SD40 in one of the scenarios, and audio was normal.

• Like Like x 1
  2. blaze111csx

blaze111csx Well-Known Member

my SD40 audio cuts out when I use the 2 button to go to the back of the train to the front of the train. or the engine shuts off. one of the two.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Oli R C

Oli R C Member

Yes, I've had this be the cause on more than one occasion, and was going to update this thread with it. At least I'm not the only one, which I was starting to think I was.

I don't think the engine is cutting off, as you can still continue as normal, albeit in relative silence, not that you would want to.

I have now had a few runs where there's just no issue at all. But I've had a lot more where the audio has gone within minutes of starting the session.

I've also removed all mods, just incase that was a problem, but it still happens.

4. BRD

BRD Well-Known Member

I can confirm having the same issue. I have reported it directly to DTG. It makes the locomotive unplayable.

It happens with both cameras 2 and 3, after going from front to back and return to the front. Haven't tried to replicate the issue roaming around with the free camera, though.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I have had the same issue with SD40 sounds cutting in and out while going along the route.