Tsw 2 Upcoming 'rush Hour' Feature

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by londonmidland, Apr 11, 2021.

1. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

So just announced on the live stream on RailFan Fest for TSW 2 is a feature called 'rush hour'.

Not much was revealed but the main features pointed out was 'less greens' and 'more trains'. If I heard correctly there will be more NPCs which may also somehow affect the dispatch process. Perhaps people blocking doors, late running trains in front of you?

We were told that we'll really be 'tested' during this period to keep on time.

This translates to me as some sort of dispatcher and/or timetable update for the applicable routes.

Post your thoughts below.

From the article:
    upload_2021-4-11_22-6-53.png

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 17
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  2. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

btw 4th May 3pm UTC

3. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

Interesting, hope it will work also on already released routes.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Man I'm already desperately fighting to keep to time on LIRR with the broken ATC system, even without increased traffic.

Jokes aside, I don't know what will this Rush Hour feature actually mean and include, but definitely looking forward to it to learn more.

• Like Like x 6
  5. mldaureol2

mldaureol2 Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Hopefully the Dispatcher has been upgraded/fixed for the Rush Hour package.
    Mike.

• Like Like x 1
  6. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

And the save game... :cool:

• Like Like x 9
  7. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

So is this the summer update or something separate? Because a summer update with routes solely focused on passenger operations doesn't sound like something that would be interesting for everyone.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  8. kuchen0125

kuchen0125 Active Member

Where do you see something to fix at the dispatcher?

9. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Sounds interesting but I love the way DTG talk about all this stuff they want in the game like dynamic weather, new passenger system, passenger announcements, version 2's on the scenario and livery designers and then they come up with this as the 'flagship' feature of the summer update.

This is the same DTG who couldn't get 450 services to work on the Bakerloo line so I don't have much confidence in them creating anything too realistic with this.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 18
  10. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

This is the summer update, ie Train Sim World 2: Rush Hour will be the name of the update, and the name of the game (not TSW3 or TSW2022)

This translates to me as "tight timetables".

• Like Like x 3
  11. mldaureol2

mldaureol2 Well-Known Member

Well, how do you think they will manage to run a Rush Hour service on any railway, without a better Dispatcher than the current one that they are using.
    Mike.

12. londonmidland

So it now looks like its nothing more than an advertisement for upcoming commuter routes, as opposed to updated existing routes/timetables. Could be wrong but we all know how marketing works...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 20
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  13. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Sad react, but at least he's honest, lol.

• Like Like x 4
  14. kuchen0125

kuchen0125 Active Member

Big disappointment. In the end, this is really just a route bundle with HMA, ECW and LIRR ....

• Like Like x 4
  15. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

You could’ve put this in suggestions so players across all platforms and not just pc will look at this , and so players can suggest what it might be about

• Like Like x 1
  16. fabristunt

Wait, what is it then? Less greens more trains or not?

17. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

I feel I'm the only one not disappointed because I realised it's just the name for the august update when they said "this is the august update".

• Like Like x 3
  18. londonmidland

To me it now looks like a feature only for new routes. Perhaps some additional peak time trains instead of the current 24 hour copy and paste timetable.

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  19. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

Well I just hope there's something interesting there for players not into commuter stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  20. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

No dice. But at least we got Arosa, Clinchfield and Cane Creek.

• Like Like x 2
  21. Shaun123

Shaun123 Well-Known Member

I imagine we’ll see the “multiple timetables” introduced with this update then, for preserved collection too, with the update of PIS for ECW etc or new TT for Rapid Transit?

• Like Like x 6
  22. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I’m not disappointed yet. Is there something wrong with me? Everyone in the stream chat seemed disappointed. Some people here seem disappointed too. Some are saying it’s a big disappointment. I fail to see what’s disappointing about it seeing as we have little information other than it’s going to increase the realism on passenger routes, including the passengers, which is what we responded to in the survey and ask for repeatedly here.

More traffic, more passengers, more diversity in the passengers, fewer green light runs. It’s like DTG have listened to some feedback and are planning on giving us what we want. So disappointing.

Clearly not every route is going to be a rush hour route. This year’s key focus was high speed and we’ve had Sand Patch, Bakerloo, Isle of Wight, Arosa and Clinchfied, and Cane Creek to come, alongside the speedy stuff.

I’ll stay un-disappointed for now.

• Like Like x 42
  23. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Cant give a felling until the routes are officially revealed in May, Ill reserve my Judgment till then.

• Like Like x 2
  24. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  25. Cloadmcally

Cloadmcally Active Member

So from what sam has said in the Tsc Discord, Rush Hour will be the marketing name for the summer release [note - not update!] Exactly as much as Steam Spirit is not a cocktail drink but the marketing pitch for the core steam update. The major core summer update listed on the roadmap is something separate from the yearly bundle. Now we shall see whether the bundle will be of new routes with a focus on "rush hour" traffic, or just include some of the routes we currently have in the game. At least, this is my understanding. We'll have to wait and see whether we were correct! :D

• Like Like x 1
  26. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

Hmm, rush hour. Obviously is related to passenger, as freight trains don’t need to run every 5 minutes and keep to a timetable. Anyways, it has to be an update to the TSW dispatcher, as well as a greater number of passengers at stations, especially major ones, and the addition of layers on HMA on console without my Xbox blowing up.:D

Hopefully this also means we’ll see and enhanced timetable, so routes don’t feel so empty anymore. Trains every 5 minutes, in both directions. Being late due to another train (an all stopper) in front of you. On top of that, keeping to the stressing timetable to make sure everyone arrives to work on time. I can already imagine the routes that could benefit of this, HMA, LIRR, the Bakerloo line, as well as new routes such as American subway routes, NJ transit, and other routes with tight timetables.

• Like Like x 6
  27. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

DB AG 101 :love:

• Like Like x 1
  28. Jpantera

Jpantera Well-Known Member

Hopefully its a degree of randomisation, the real railway in all countries does not operate at all times to a perfect harmony with the Working timetable. We shall see...

• Like Like x 9
  29. Delta_Who

Delta_Who Well-Known Member

Not sure on this idea... for the glaring problems that are:

a) DTG's historically "tight" timetables. Some portions of routes like WSR or Bakerloo are difficult to adhere to, even at line speed.
    b) TSW load/unload times and lack of concept of dispatch styles. Waiting for guards, platform clearence... or if you're a metro train who is in and out in 20 seconds.

Would hope DTG would address those issues...

• Like Like x 4
  30. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

London waterloo would of been a good idea for this.

• Like Like x 1
  31. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I think a lot of us were expecting some big fanfare about upcoming routes that had not yet been announced. That was hinted at in the previous stream. Instead, we were underwhelmed by a canned summary of dlc we already knew about. And the screenshots of Cane Creek looked like summer vacation shots, frankly, nothing about the actual route and rolling stock. I've been to Utah, I know how spectacular the desert is, and so have most of us. I thought the presentation was as flat as Arizona.

• Like Like x 5
  32. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

Why bother announcing just a plain old bundle all these months in advance? Why the lack of details? It seems odd, doesn't it? I reckon theres a bit more meat to this bone than people are suggesting...

• Like Like x 6
  33. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

Train Sim world 2 Rush Hour huh.....I'm not sure how to react.....

• Like Like x 2
  34. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

This is probably true, DTG is probably waiting 2 weeks to announce these dlc in the next roadmap instead of spilling the beans at railfest, so hopefully we get some fresh new dlc announced in that roadmap.

• Like Like x 3
  35. Scotrail156467

Scotrail156467 Well-Known Member

I remain positive until may 4th until more information then I shall make my decision

• Like Like x 7
  36. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

Well the biggest mystery right now is will this just be a repackage of already released commuter routes or will it be entirely new routes (routes possibly not on the roadmap yet?). Definitely looking forward to May 4th. Although, you wouldn't think they would create this much hype for a simple repackage, but then again this is DTG we're talking about.

• Like Like x 2
  37. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

If you think Arizona is flat, you've never been there.

38. fabristunt

Wasn't this announcement supposed to render the roadmap outdated to the point they were planning to delay it? The only new piece of information we got is the name of the next version of TSW...

• Like Like x 1
  39. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Not looking forward to rush hour.
    Can rarely keep to time during the slack periods.

40. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

BNSF's Seligman Sub "Am I a Joke to you?"
    6631907053_20da67f9f4_o.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  41. thundergaming11

thundergaming11 Well-Known Member

I reckon it'll be additional timetables possibly seasonal based or maybe fictional where a bunch of AI are slapped in on routes that are lacking traffic density. But I don't think this will include Bakerloo just yet due to the dispatcher issue.

• Like Like x 1
  42. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

To be honest, some of the timetables already test our speed as they are basically impossible to keep to, see some of them in SEHS and the timetable mode in Arosa Line. They're often glitched so I don't really know what else Rush Hour can add to that. Even more delays? I'm not sure I'd enjoy that at all. Or maybe I'm just misunderstanding something. I'll wait with my final judgment until I see this new mode in action.

• Like Like x 1
  43. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Maybe it will be the Waterloo and City Line... Frantically back and forwards to Bank every few minutes, until the AI flops or the save game breaks!:o

• Like Like x 5
  44. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

Hopefully it will have all the fixes we've been waiting for for LIRR :)

45. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Hmm Rush Hour.. interesting.

"As Rush Hour approaches, platforms fill with a bustle of passengers." - That to me, means an overhaul of the passenger AI and an increase of passenger AI at Rush Hour both in a morning and evening. Hopefully that'll be both on the platform and in the trains we're driving as well as AI trains we see en route.

"The volume of traffic on the network increases to take on the extra load. You're constantly being checked by signals as you drive between stations, desperately fighting to keep to time and avoid delays." - Does this mean we'll see actual Rush Hour timetables both in a morning and evening? I like the sound of more yellow and red signals, to me that makes driving fun. My main concern is we'll get a performance hit due to the extra AI trains and AI passenger but I hope I'm wrong.

Will Rush Hour come with a featured route specifically made to fit the Rush Hour theme? Off the top of my head Clapham Junction Station would fit this to a tee. Sited on the South Western & Brighton Main Line with numerous lines and branches passing through, you'll see 100-180 tph passing through. Clapham Junction Station is the busiest station for interchanges in the UK.

I could be way off the mark...

I look forward to the 4th May where we'll get more information.

• Like Like x 8
  46. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

The sceptic in me thinks, after the debacle that was the transition from TSW 2020 to TSW 2, the arrival of TSW RH isn't going to be as simple as a new core version with new features.

Is it going to be a "new" game again?

Will all current and future DLC continue to work with TSW 2 or require the purchase of TSW RH to run any future DLC?

Past experience shows how unnecessarily confusing DTG can make things.

• Like Like x 8
  47. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

If you do need the dlc to run old routes I'd be certain the update is free, they're not going to charge people for an update which is required to run all dlc's. I hope it's for new routes only and they may retrofit onto older routes, we'll see. Personally, I think they'll want to avoid anything like that though, the Preserved Collection was a big PITA.

48. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

They better not dare hold all those fixes until summer! :D

• Like Like x 4
  49. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

It looks like DTG is fairly confident they will make good progress in improvements on performance. But on the other hand, I hear Sam say they are looking into the option to have more timetables. This does not really count as busy traffic.

They also will need to do significant work on the dispatcher, which was the issue that prevents increase of the amount of passengers for Bakerloo.
    Finally, I do not think they will completely overhaul the passenger system, Sam said that would be a separate project.

So, the routes will focus on passenger traffic and busy routes. Maybe they will include an upgraded Bakerloo line, with far more services and passengers and a new US Passenger route. I guess it would need to be in the Yew York area. New York to New Haven or something like that would be interesting.
    Then there definitely needs to be a busy German route.

It may be another way round, LIRR updated with lots of new services to make it busy and a new UK passenger route, but to me it seems less likely. It also may be that HMA gets some more busy traffic.

Personally, I am not really enthusiastic. I love freight, I love the good old days and I love local lines. I love variety of traffic not a tremendous amount of similar drives. I hope there will be more attention for railfanning on the routes. It is such a waste that we cannot walk over the bridges near London Paddington, Munich and a few others. I also love the viewpoints for RSN, if you can climb something, I want to go up and enjoy the view.
    Maybe I need to wait for the Spirit of Steam update.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  50. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I'm sure you know it was just a figure of speech. I promise to use simpler language in future.
    Oh, and apologies to any Arizonans on the forum. I could have used my own back yard as an example, but unfortunately it's quite bumpy.;)

• Like Like x 2