PC Gameplay Issue: External Cameras And Tunnels

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by BRD, Apr 12, 2021.

1. BRD

BRD Well-Known Member

Hello everyone,

I'm sure this has been brought to attention many times before, but I'd like to share my input on this.

I find it rather annoying how all of the external camera views are locked if any part of the train is going under a tunnel.

Like OK, I kinda get it maybe inside of Bakerloo's underground tunnels that you don't want players to clip through tunnels, that would break the gameplay immersion. That's totally fine.

However, for example on Clinchfield Railroad, it really annoys me that I can't do an external view shot just because somewhere in the tail of my long freight train the wagons are still under a short tunnel.

Would be great if the camera would be only forced into the cab if you're trying to view the current vehicle that is inside of a tunnel. All others shouldn't force the camera into the cab in my opinion.

Camera 2 allows you to switch between vehicles or directly teleport from front to back or back to front. So my suggestion for this view would be to only force the cab camera if the current vehicle being seen is passing under the tunnel.

Camera 3 allows you to move around the whole train while moving along with it. I'd say this one could be solved by forcing into the cab camera in case you try to float the camera through the tunnel area. Maybe include some sort of trigger near the tunnel entrances that would force the camera into the cab.

Camera 8 free camera - honestly I think this one shouldn't have any limitations would allow to fly through inside of a tunnel without being able to clip through it. Of course this would probably mean having the tunnels walls with actual invisible collision walls. Not sure if they have it already or not, but I assume they do. Basically, the free camera wouldn't be able to go through terrain but it would be able to go through the tunnel interior.

Thanks in advance for listening / reading! :D

• Like Like x 2
  2. HeyYoPaulie!

HeyYoPaulie! Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. BRD

BRD Well-Known Member

Thank you Paulie! I have placed my vote on your poll. Clearly it looks like most of us share the same opinion on the topic. :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. HeyYoPaulie!

HeyYoPaulie! Well-Known Member

Thank you BRD and amen to that! :)

• Like Like x 1