Hamburg S-bahn Wedel - Poppenbüttel

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Lunar_Twisted, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

The Hamburg S-Bahn is a suburban commuter network that operates in Hamburg, Germany. It has a total of 6 lines with 68 stations and the operator is S-Bahn Hamburg GmbH. However, I will only be focusing on the S1 and S11 lines (color green).
    [​IMG]
    S1
    The S1 operates from Wedel and then the route splits heading into two separate terminals, Hamburg Airport and the other to Poppenbüttel. Furthermore, the S1 has 29 stations and it’s 28 miles long (48 km). The timetable for the S1 begins at 12:09 AM and ends at 11:53 PM everyday according to Moovit website.

Rolling Stock
    The S1 uses the DBAG Class 474, built in 1996.
    [​IMG]

S11
    The S11 operates from Blankenese to Poppenbüttel with 23 stations. Additionally, hours of service may vary depending on time of day. According to the timetable from Moovit website, between Blankenese to Poppenbüttel, it begins at 6:24 AM and stops at 5:44 PM during rush hours weekdays. So starting and ending at stations may differ.

Rolling Stock
    Built in 1974, the S11 uses the DB Class 472.
    [​IMG]
    Passenger ride

DB Class 472’s in action

Depot - Ohlsdorf depot? (Am I right? Had to research it on Google & it’s a maintenance depot)
    [​IMG]

Possible to make it as a layer for the upcoming Hauptstrecke Hamburg – Lübeck?
    As of now, I only know that the upcoming Hauptstrecke Hamburg – Lübeck will include the DB BR 112 and the MRCE ES 64 U2. If the S1 and S11 of the Hamburg S-Bahn gets made, it would be great to see them as a potential layer for the upcoming Hauptstrecke Hamburg – Lübeck route and vice versa for additional a.i. traffic. It would make the portion of the route between Hamburg Hbf and Hasselbrook station a bit busier even if other lines and their respective rolling stock doesn’t exist in TSW 2 yet. If you own Hauptstrecke Hamburg – Lübeck, then only traffic from that DLC would appear. If you own Hamburg S-Bahn Wedel - Poppenbüttel, only the DBAG Class 474 and DB Class 472 would appear. But if the player has both DLC’s, then you get additional train traffic on separate lines. However, the DBAG Class 474 and the DB Class 472 should appear as a.i. services in the timetable mode if you select Hauptstrecke Hamburg – Lübeck and vice versa. Just like it didn’t make sense to have a LIRR timetable that included the Port Washington - New York Penn as both playable and a.i. It should of been a.i. service only since the train stops at Woodside and NY Penn and vice versa before going to the portal. What I am trying to say is if you own both routes, then they should only appear as a.i. service.

If layers were to actually happen (minus the other routes/locos that don’t exist yet)
    From 2:10 to 5:14 in the video

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 10
  2. kosti.nuuja

kosti.nuuja Well-Known Member

I like this idea. :)

3. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

We have this route in Train Simulator and it was decent fun. (It's still yet another modern German passenger route, but I guess slightly different from the usual stuff). If it comes to TSW, I might buy this when on a discount.

4. airbustwo#3609

airbustwo#3609 New Member

wrote something in another german SBahn suggestion, so I copy and paste that here ;-)

Why this route?
    Well, there is a lot variety in operating that service... The part from Wedel to Blankenese goes mainly single track, then in Blankenese the train changes the direction of travel, so you'd need to change the cockpit, too ;-)

From Hamburg Altona the line goes underground through the city tunnel and will continue above ground once it reached the Hauptbahnhof.

From Hauptbahnhof to Hasselbrook the line goes parallel to the Hamburg-Lübeck route.

Once the train reaches Ohlsdorf (where is also a large maintenance facility), the train splits in two parts, first three cars goes to Airport, last three cars goes to Poppenbüttel, so some couple and uncouple action going on there ;-)

Enough said, there are also some siding facilities on that route...

Route:
    Wedel - siding location
    Rissen
    Sülldorf
    Iserbrook
    Blankenese - siding location and changing direction of travel
    Hochkamp
    Klein Flottbek (Botanischer Garten)
    Othmarschen
    Bahrenfeld
    (Ottensen) - new station on that line, Station is in construction
    Hamburg Altona - siding location
    Königstraße
    Reeperbahn
    Landungsbrücken
    Stadthausbrücke
    Jungfernstieg
    Hamburg Hauptbahnhof
    Berliner Tor - (parallel to Hamburg -Lübeck)
    Landwehr - (parallel to Hamburg -Lübeck)
    Hasselbrook - (parallel to Hamburg -Lübeck) siding location
    Wandsbeker Chausse
    Friedrichsberg
    Barmbek - siding location
    Alte Wöhr (Stadtpark)
    Rübenkamp (City Nord)
    Ohlsdorf - siding location and maintenance facility
    Hamburg Airport

Part to Poppenbüttel from Ohlsdorf
    Kornweg (Klein Borstel)
    Hoheneichen
    Wellingsbüttel
    Poppenbüttel - siding location

Traveltime Wedel-Airport is 66 min
    Traveltime Wedel-Poppenbüttel is 72 min

Just my 2 cents :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Hamburg S-Bahn is really sexy.
    I travel next month or so to Hamburg and take photos from Trains and driving around the Routes.

• Like Like x 1
  6. anas.hera

anas.hera Active Member

I’d want it if its done better than the TS Hamburg S1 honestly. Hopefully if they make this they dont mess with the 474

7. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Yeah, the BR474 in Train Simulator was pretty badly done. The route was pretty interesting though, although extremely laggy at certain places.

8. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

They can make the brandnew S-Bahn BR 490 to make it accurate and the older trains as DLC
    9BBDF60A-27C2-4F92-A6C8-7D0CC8088DCF.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  9. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Like your idea and there is a variant of the DB BR474 the DB BR474.3 which can operate on 15kv 16.7hz wires. Own this route with the DB BR474.3 then play S Bahn München HMA S Bahn Rhine Ruhr HRR & SKA be able to use the hamburg S Bahn train due to the 15kv 16.7hz capability by activating the pantographon the 2nd car. Rather than off the rails mode that permits the use of Third rail 750v DC- 1.2kv dc on overhead wire routes. Also DB BR490 is 15kv 16.7hz capable provided there is a section of Hamburg S Bahn that requires the use of overhead wires.
    Video is by LightningMG on DB BR474.3 Pantograph mode 15kv 16.7hz

Last edited: May 1, 2021
  10. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

Wow, thanks for bringing this up as I didn’t know that those new fleet of BR 490 are in process of slowly replacing the older rolling stock.

11. airbustwo#3609

airbustwo#3609 New Member

but to keep it realistic and authentic, the 490 is currently not operating on the line S1, or when very very rarely ;-)
    Route wise it would make more sense to offer the ET472 for S11 services... would love to get the 490, though :D