Layers For Hauptstrecke München-augsburg

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by elaineedwards2013, Apr 6, 2021.

1. elaineedwards2013

elaineedwards2013 Well-Known Member

They still haven’t added the layers to Munich-Augsburg on Console. I don’t know why, but I can wait. I mean, it is a shame, the layers can only be played on PC for now. I hope they come out for console in the future.

• Like Like x 2
  2. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

They are thinking about making another timetable so you can play those other services without the memory issues. I hope we can get some news on this soon because it's been almost ½ a year since the route came out.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. joulz75

joulz75 Active Member

I really hope it's coming soon... This route without the layers feels half achieved.

• Like Like x 2
  4. appledates#4945

appledates#4945 Well-Known Member

100%, it definitely doesn’t feel lively without layers active.

• Like Like x 2
  5. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately creating a separate timetable won’t solve the issue of the liveliness of the route. It'll give you the opportunity to drive all the layers, but if they're not all present in one timetable then the route will still feel kind of dead.

• Like Like x 4
  6. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

I know but optimisation is a longterm goal. This alternate timetable can be done in the meantime for consoles without a performance impact. We have been waiting a while now and there is no sign the game is optimised enough to enable them all in one timetable. Could be waiting another six months or longer. Wouldn't surprise me if they make a next gen version and say they will only work on those platforms.

• Like Like x 2
  7. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Dovetail games need to create a medium between liveliness and optimisation. For me HMA is the laggiest route, so to start off with they would need to do more optimisation.

8. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

They aren't allowed to do that for the same game. If the game is available on base consoles, they are not allowed to introduce new content specifically for new generation only. They have to have parity across all platforms.

If they upgrade and release a brand new version of TSW specifically for new gen consoles then that's a different matter.
    However, this upgrade to newer consoles (XBSX/PS5) is a long way off.

9. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Yeah that's why I said make (a next-gen TSW2 for Series X or whatever it will be named then) instead of offering an enhancement update to the existing game beyond Xbox One X. This has been done with other games.

As you said that could be a long way off (optimisation work will be with base consoles too). Having multiple timetables is better than having none of them at all for what could be many more months.

• Like Like x 1
  10. t.reizner35

t.reizner35 Active Member

I am waiting for the layers to be added since the first time HMA came out, and I really don't want to wait any longer. At the last roadmap update stream the idea to choose different services modes sounded great, but the question is how long it takes DTG to add this possibility. As always they are talking about a solution of a problem or a fix it takes very long until an update will be released.

• Like Like x 2
  11. joulz75

joulz75 Active Member

I hope it comes at the latest with the summer update but really want it to come sooner...

• Like Like x 3
  12. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

A little premature, since apparently only 17 people on earth actually own a PS5 yet, and getting one is harder than unlocking the Colonel's secret recipe.