PlayStation Arosa Linie, I Have To Admit...

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ildario77, Apr 12, 2021.

1. ildario77

ildario77 Well-Known Member

Ok, I was very disappointed when this route came out (poor graphics, a lot of bugs, etc.), but I just completed a very pleasant service, and I have to admit it, I'm enjoying it... Started at Chur, early morning, spring and rain. The rain turns to snow as soon as I start to climb up. I like how the scenery changes (the snow also hides a lot of bad textures, lol). Well, just wanted to share some pics. Try these weather settings, you will like it.

01.jpg 02.jpg 04.jpg 05.jpg 07.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  2. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

Yeh gotta agree, the scenery is no issue for me.

One thing that has suprised me is that I find the street running in Chur to be boring. The descent from Arosa to the big viaduct is more interesting for me- I had thought it would be the opposite.

The river in Chur could do with some work and the invisible mountain of course needs sorting but overall I think it looks great. The driving is engaging enough to keep your eyes off of the distant scenery.

Im looking forward to the mid-April update as hopefully they will fix the livery designer issues and add some freight services.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Gav

Gav Active Member

Its ok, I have been playing a lot of it (because its a new route) but I wouldn't put it in my favourites, its probably one of my least favourites actually.

I find the speed frustrating and gets tiring, and thats why I don't really like West Somerset either, its pretty West Somerset, but I just don't find myself playing it much because its so slow and I want to feel that I'm driving a train, rather than walking speed lol. This is just a personal thing and preference, I like to feel the speed.

Yes I know in real life the speed is like that, I get it, but I just not sure these type of routes are good for a video game, doesn't translate too well, for me personally.

• Like Like x 2
  4. ildario77

ildario77 Well-Known Member

The same thing works from Arosa to Chur. Spawn on foot at Arosa 10 minutes before the service start, spring rain. Wait until the rain turns to snow and everything becomes white. Then start your service. Approaching Chur the snow turns to rain and the snow on the ground slowly fades away. Pretty realistic, depending on the altitude.

• Like Like x 1