Pls Help Me Here!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Swisstrains, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

Hi!
    So as most of you should know the Br101 isn’t very far away so I wanted to train a bit on HRR since I like the Br101 very much and want to get some smooth drives. But...
    At about two points on HRR I always get a Pzb emergency brake, and I don’t know why. I don’t think it‘s a bug (not the animal ;)), therefore I put the thread here.
    So: The two points where I get these emergency brakes are on passenger runs from Duisbrug-Bochum, about one kilometer till Essen Hbf, as long with the second point: on RB33 services about half the way between Müllheim (Ruhr) Styrum and Duisburg. I‘m from germany so I‘m very familiar with the Pzb, Lzb and Sifa, but I can’t figure out why! Are there any kinds of signs that I was missing? Do I have to push Pzb override (Befehl 40) at these points?
    I would really appreciate some help!
    Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

The route is fitted with speed check magnets, so it's likely you've either missed a speed reduction warning board or are leaving slowing down to the last minute - they were what was catching me out. Basically, as soon as you see a speed reduction board, immediately start slowing down to the speed it says. Hope that helps :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

IIRC, HRR has a bunch of the so-called "speed-magnets" - these are in pair fairly close together (third a bit further from them) and are activated when you should slow down and they are there to check if you're slowing down enough to get to a speed reduction in time (that's why they're a pair). Try slowing down earlier and continuously to an upcoming reduction and see if you still get the triggers. If not, it's these lovely couples of pure evil.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I have found this chart, not sure if that's correct or the speeds TSW checks for exactly.
    [​IMG]

• Helpful Helpful x 3
  4. Swisstrains

Well thanks you both, I‘ll try it!

5. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

If I can chuck my two penneth in Id recommend keeping an eye out for the amber triangles warning you of a speed limit change. I've been caught so many times by these in that I go straight into a 1000hz warning. Best solution i've found in addition to mashing the pg dn key is to almost be at the lower speed before you pass on by using the HUD. Good luck!

6. breblimator

breblimator Guest

HRR can be dynamic. Yellow signal surprised me and stopped me more than once due to an incorrect braking curve (I reacted too late).
    Great informational posting (all) above! BR o7

• Like Like x 1
  7. Swisstrains

Okok. So normally you have to acknowledge speed reductions up to 90, and signal pictures with yellow lights (not main signals).
    I tryed it and on a ride from Duisburg to Bochum, I passed Müllheim (Ruhr)West. There is a triangle speed reduction that is 11 (110km/h), so you don’t have to acknowledge it. And right in front of Müllheim (Ruhr) Hbf, there is one of these speed-test-pzb-magnet-bad-boys and right at that point I got a pzb emergency brake! And the funny thing: the signal was green, there was no other speed reduction than the 11 at Müllheim (Ruhr) West, and I drove 112km/h as I passed these magnets. So my question is: Do I have to get down to the speed limit before I go ever these special magnets to avoid an emergency brake, even though it‘s above 100 km/h?

8. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

If you are using a train with an lcd display it should say why it stopped you. I believe you aren't, but you might try it just to check what reason it gives.

9. Swisstrains

yea, nevermind hahahah
    You are all right, it was my mistake! I read a bit on Wikipedia and now I know what went wrong. You don’t have to acknowledge these Lf6 signs, you only have to get under the speed limit it tells you before this messing part is there. And from 100-140 km/h that can be quiet near to the reduction sign. And yeah, the loco told me that I got an emergency brake due to a 2000hz magnet...
    Thanks you all, case closed hahaaha

• Like Like x 3
  10. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

There is one outside Essen which checks the speed, but there is no Lf6 so you get caught off-guard. That's a bug in the sense that the advance speed reduction sign is missing, but the PZB intervention is correct.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Swisstrains

do you now about where it is?
    And what the speed limit is?

12. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

It is from Duisburg towards Essen, after the S-Bahn tracks have crossed over the regio tracks, you go into a right curve. After the curve is a station (Essen-Frohnhausen, km 126.0). Before the station are the magnets, and at the signal behind the station is a 120 limit (km 126.1). The advance sign should be at the distant signal (around km 125.0), but it is missing. Not an issue for the S-Bahn services cause you have to stop at the station, but the RB33 is tricky there.
    There is another one when coming into Duisburg, where the Zs3v is missing on a distant signal (around km 4.0). The game is expecting you to press PZB acknowledge, which is correct since there is an upcoming speed limit of 60 (at km 5.1), but the distant signal is bugged and does not show it, so you don't know that you have to do this (at least from the signals) :)

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
    • Helpful Helpful x 2