Clinchfield Railroad: Second Scenario Bugged

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Link, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Link

Link Active Member

Hello everybody,
    I am currently playing the second scenario of the journey.

When I have loaded my first wagons in Blue Diamond, I have to reverse and park them on a siding so that I can bring the next wagons to the loading station. An AI-controlled F7 is supposed to help me here, but it just connects the wagons and simply stops.

It thus blocks the track where I should park the first load of wagons ... in a video I saw that the F7, after coupling the wagons, makes its way down the valley and thus the track becomes free. Unfortunately nothing happens here...!

It is just very tedious to drive up the 10km first, only to find out that the scenario is bugged again ..

Is there a solution for or did someone of you have the same problem? :( 20210414122940_1.jpg 20210414122949_1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. breblimator

breblimator Guest

It happened to me too. Are these wagons coupled to the F7 partially on the switch from the loader side? If you are considering a restart (or maybe someone will give you a different solution), stop the train earlier so that the part that the AI takes is standing lower on the slope **. Theory. For me the second time it was OK :) Gool luck \o/

** I did so

• Like Like x 1
  3. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

It is bugged. My split wagon rakes were all clear of the points and still the AI would not haul away. Which is why as I said in another thread earlier, this type of activity or at least the yard/shunting portion needs greater freedom for the player to move and position things themselves.

• Like Like x 2
  4. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Wonder what causes this problem since not everyone is reporting it. I didn’t have any such problems which means it is not a consistent reoccurring problem. Would be interesting to know what the trigger was.

• Like Like x 1
  5. breblimator

breblimator Guest

My opinion - to stop ASAP step before is a solution. Otherwise - problems could occur. BR o7

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

The first time I ran it had the same issue, second time this cut of hoppers is gone when I pull ahead with my first cut of hoppers. Now I did a save at that point and don't know what I will see when I go in to actually fill and spot them on that siding.

7. BladesAndRazors

BladesAndRazors Member

For me it worked the first time.
    If i remember right i stoped my train at the blue trigger.
    In the posted images the train is halfway over the trigger.

Theory: The AI script has an action to drive also to the trigger, couple an then reverse. As the trigger is already blocked... endless loop of stalling.

• Like Like x 1
  8. WaveyDavey

WaveyDavey Well-Known Member

I did this activity fine first time. I stopped my cut of cars so that the far end was at the required marker not the locos or middle of the train. The F7 came and collected the cars no issues.

9. graham.haddon

graham.haddon Well-Known Member

I also did this first time no problem

10. Link

Link Active Member

Hello friends,
    thank you for your numerous answers! :love:

It worked now! As suggested, I carefully parked the wagons as high as possible. Now the KI F7 is making its way down.:cool:

But I its sad that, like on other routes, playing here is like driving through a minefield. With such stupid bugs it can happen that after more than an hour of play you can suddenly start over ...
    It happened had often enough that I had adhered to all the regulations just so that a signal did not work and the whole route was paralyzed or, as in this case, the KI was simply bugged.

I still think that's a shame and really annoying!:( 20210414164322_1.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  11. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Problems with scenarios in TSW are, unfortunately, annoying. After a while, you get used to it. You have to follow the instructions very precisely and even think ahead, because maybe you have to do something differently? Sometimes that doesn't help either. Bugs. Patience!

Great, you made it! :)

12. OldVern

Guess I'll try it again doing that...

• Like Like x 1
  13. breblimator

breblimator Guest

There is a 15 mph speed limit I guess. We come to the mine up the hill. Graduate the throttle position. Make adjustments, down 1 notch at once. For me, the last 100 yards is 5 ~ max ~ 10 MPH (5 if I want to be very precise). Here it is enough to stop by the 'door' on the marker. Or is it just random? It works for most people :) GL \o/

14. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

I just encountered another problem with Limited Power. I have gotten to the mine, the AI F7 has moved the hoppers out of my way, I uncoupled the first set of hopper to fill and moved up to the bumper post and saved at that point. Now when I went back in, it totally skipped over filling that cut of hoppers and wanted me to head down into the yard and cut off of them. Think I am just going to skip it and move on.

15. breblimator

breblimator Guest

You attract trouble, Sharon E :)
    I think is the only choice now. Fingers crossed!

16. Quentin

Quentin Well-Known Member

I find this problem occurs after I resume a saved version of the game. Save/resume has always had 'issues' on various routes, but it's more noticeable on CRR with its lengthy scenarios.

• Like Like x 1
  17. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

I believe this is a bug. Some people like me are able to complete this scenario first try, while others are having issues.
    One of my friends was able to complete this scenario by restarting the scenario until the AI train moved.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

This issue could be related to the blue stop markers. The distance to a marker is based on the distance from your loco but the scenario requires the end of your consist to be on the marker.

I ran into another issue towards the end of this scenario where I was unable to exit a loop because I previously left a rake of cars too far up and it blocked the exit (because I stopped my loco on the blue marker).

Possibly for this issue ppl are parking the carriage the AI needs to couple to in the wrong spot (ie it is further up the line than it should be because they stopped the loco rather than the carriage on the blue marker).

19. OldVern

Nope, I tried the solution as posted earlier but after the lone F7 couples to the rake of wagons it still refuses to move anywhere, making the next part of the scenario after loading the first rake of wagons impossible to complete.
    Sigh. Think I'm off to drive a truck or a spaceship for a few days, wait and see if DTG fix this and the other issues Clinchfield has.

20. bagotmatt

bagotmatt New Member

I had a problem with the AI in this scenario ONLY when using the save function. It seems to be bugged as previously mentioned. When I played through the scenario again all in one sitting, no problems occured.

• Like Like x 1
  21. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Good advice. Saving the game during scenarios is risky.

22. hawks5896

hawks5896 Member

I just played this scenario and the AI loco moved the cars totally out of the way with no problems

23. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Yeah this one worked for me first time, but i've had many issues with resuming saved games across all routes.

Hopefully they can get it patched quickly, because it really is a fantastic scenario.

24. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

It may be related to savegame issues then....as I did the scenario with no problems on 1st attempt in one sitting with no saving/resuming

25. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

When you put the hoppers into that track did you open the coupler at the far end so the loco could couple up? Otherwise its just sitting there up against the closed knuckle.

Paul

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  26. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

For me, a new level of this is reached. I saved 5 miles before the end of a SERVICE (the one in snow with 1,5% grade at the start), the day later I load the savegame and I'm in a scenario I played two days before.

27. OldVern

No where is that mentioned in the instructions. Guess it’s one more trick to try in order to get through this accursed scenario which is driving me back to Run 8, for my heavy haul fix.

• Like Like x 1
  28. breblimator

breblimator Guest

You are a genius!

By decoupling the train (dividing it into parts a moment earlier), you can use the lever on the car's caboose side or on the locomotive's side. It should be open, as you mention, on the last car behind the locomotive, before we leave that cut of consist for F7.

PS You are the ONE, paul.pavlinovich! Briliant solution \o/

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  29. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

If anyone is certain they are coming across a bug while playing this scenario please ensure you are filling out a support ticket so we can investigate further.

• Like Like x 1
  30. breblimator

breblimator Guest

ping

31. Disintegration7

Good observation! Seems like the couplers default to "locked" on this route, which may be prototypical (no idea), but probably deserves a reminder to the player, especially in a scenario.

• Like Like x 1
  32. breblimator

breblimator Guest

it's player driven

• Like Like x 2
  33. Disintegration7

Hmmm.... i swear i've gone to couple to static consists (that i hadn't peviously interacted with) and the coupler has consistently been locked. I'm thinking it was the Greenbriar turn services in timetable mode.

Now i've learned just check them every time.

• Like Like x 2
  34. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Yeah, it seems random, but it probably depends, which lever we use to decouple << this is just a theory!
    Now I also have the impression that I had a problem more than once because I didn't think about it :)

paul.pavlinovich \o/

PS
    You are right. Stand-alone consists could be 'defaulted' in this way :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  35. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

When you decouple US rolling stock, only the coupler you actually unlock becomes unlocked; the other one stays locked (unless you do both of them). Ergo, always unlock the side that stays attached to your train.

--------------
    Helpful hint: if you do get the both-locked-so-won't-hook-up problem, in game at least you can always connect them manually as you would a European train, provided the cars are close enough together.

• Like Like x 1
  36. breblimator

breblimator Guest

A good rule. In this case, it would lead to the desired results.

37. roysto25

roysto25 Well-Known Member

Breblimator's links to US Loco manuals are invaluable - as a Limey, was amused to see the F40-PH has an Ale Dryer!

• Like Like x 2
  38. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I pay tribute to the owners of those resources. I'm just a messenger! Thanks! ;)

39. OldVern

I'm about to try this again from my saved game, but one would have thought an AI move would either ignore the state of the brake system (simplified physics?) or a checksum would activate to put everything in order.

Edit: No change. The F7 couples up but then refuses to move regardless of whether the couplings are shown as locked or unlocked.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
  40. breblimator

breblimator Guest

uuuu :(

41. OldVern

Not to worry, off to run Kicking Horse Pass in Open Rails instead (got to love those CP Nathan KL5A horns!).

• Like Like x 1
  42. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Not a good idea - seriously!

• Like Like x 1
  43. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

You want lack of instructions, then Run8 is the one for you ;)

• Like Like x 3
  44. OldVern

Yes and the most arcane un-mnemonic key command structure, ever! However for industry based play and car forwarding not to mention train physics it really can't be beaten.

• Like Like x 2