Realistic Hissing Sounds From The Braking System

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Flanker, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Flanker

Flanker New Member

Hello,

I'm an enthusiast of the brilliant series you have provided over the years. I'm a player since Train Simulator 2010 (from 8 years ago). Now I have just bought the steam version of 2018 and I'm slightly disappointed to see the simulator with some sound bugs (some constantly repeating strange sounds (once a second or so) which didn't exist in previous versions) and also misses the loud hissing sounds from the pneumatic system of the brakes. Also the lovely loud squeaking sound of wheels under heavy brake is also lost, or barely noticeable.

About the pneumatic hissing sounds, I'm not an expert, so it may probably not be heard on modern locos and trains, so I'm not sure I'm right, but I kind of doubt that all freighter locos (which may not be noise restricted like passenger locos) are build not to make the hissing sounds anymore. The same goes for the squeaking brakes noise that seems absent.

Regards,
    Mav!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Everything has squeaky brake sounds.

3. Flanker

Flanker New Member

Sorry, but after quite some testing I found that these are the only default locos which produce brake squeaking sounds:

-CLASS 221 (Super Voyager)
    -CLASS 175 (Coradia)
    -CLASS 158 (Sprinter)

Indeed, friction sounds between the wheels and tracks are heard during turns on all trains, but only the above locos produce the expected braking sounds.

The brake squeaking sounds seem to be related only to the type of locos used, regardless of train composition (freighter or passenger cars). Normally, the squeaking sounds are produced by the heavy friction between the braking system and the wheels of each car and not only by the loco.

About the hissing sounds, maybe the way they are modeled in the sim is the way they are in reality, yet so far, the most lovely pneumatic system sounds are produced by the MP36PH-3C (Caltrain).

Please verify!
    Regards!