Australian Routes/locomotives

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by DanthefryingPan, Mar 7, 2018.

1. DanthefryingPan

DanthefryingPan New Member

Is there any way we could have something small like Adelaide Metro or even just an NR Class locomotive for us Australians to keep quiet? Haha.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Slenderman_HKRES

Slenderman_HKRES Member

Would you like to give us more info on what line that you want those loco/ route you wanna propose? I'd like to know which line in the Adelaide metro you want to be put into train sim and what line is the NR Class going to run. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. John Murphy

John Murphy Well-Known Member

I would want either the Adelaide Metro (which I used to have a portion of way back in Trainz 2006) or the Sydney system, set anytime from the 80s to the present day. And if you make the Sydney system, please please please make the V Sets! I love the V Sets! As far as lines are concerned, I would want either the Noarlunga or Belair lines for Adelaide and either the Western/Blue Mountains Line or the North Shore/Central Coast & Newcastle Line for Sydney. As far as rolling stock is concerned, I would include a V Set for Intercity services and either a Tangara T Set or a Waratah A Set for Sydney Trains suburban services. Adelaide would get either the 3000/3100 Class DMUs or the Jumbo 2000/2100 Class DMUs.

Come on DTG, there are more countries in the world than just the US, UK, and Germany.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
  4. nocibur

nocibur New Member

I can't understand why the developers aren't actively trying to get licence for Sydney Trains content - Rolling stock wouldn't be that hard to adapt from existing UK/USA stock apart from the EMU/DMU and even then it's not that big a jump. You could have everything from the old red rattlers to the new waratah b sets and in doing so you would have a large amount of scenarios that could be created, and lets face it there would be some awesome scenery - can you imagine driving a train over the Sydney Harbour Bridge!

• Like Like x 6
  5. Gidbro

Gidbro New Member

I would absoulutely love to get NSWGR steam loco's, I have no idea why DTG can't do this.

• Like Like x 4
  6. TheRealisticAussie

TheRealisticAussie Member

Something in Melbourne would be nice too like Southen Cross to Seymour which is around 115km and it takes around an hour and 30 mins in a Velocity, N Class. The XPT to Sydney can be included as well. Plenty of freight goes on this line as well, such as Pacific National NR's, XR's and G's. SCT has also started Freight services to Queensland via New South Wales. I'm not sure if Qube Logistics runs on this line.

Southen Cross Via Flinders Street to Pakenham which is over 60km and takes around 1 hour but the line can get very congested due metro services. The the new Skyrail Project could be included as well. Freight services used to run to the Maryvale Paper Mill near Morwell but due to the Skyrail project, I don't think they run anymore.

Southen Cross to Geelong which is over 70km and takes around an hour in a Velocity or an N class is possible too but I don't think freight services run on this line.

• Like Like x 5
  7. UnlimitedGamer3

UnlimitedGamer3 New Member

I would like to see the adelaide metro network across the board. With the Gawler, seaford, tonsley, belair and outer harbour lines. Im trying to do this using UK packages but it's not the same. Really want adelaide metro with train simulator. I would be a beta tester for it too if it's available.

• Like Like x 2
  8. GWR5029

GWR5029 Member

Let's get 1210 out. She would look fabulous on so many routes. In my opinion the streamlined SAR engines could be neat too, but the old NSWGR 4-4-0s are top of the list. Someone like Smokebox could do a fabulous job with 1210.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Ferg0

Ferg0 New Member

I reckon they should add C class. Their sound is music. too bad people talk **** about them

10. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

DTG don't make items which are just a repaint of a train which would not be seen in the country.
    You would be better asking an Australian Train Sim group if they do anything for the game - easy for them to repaint a UK or USA train and it would not cost anything

Peter

11. CPScotty8950

CPScotty8950 Member

there are so many good route in Australia from the pilbra iron trains to the Adelaide metro and everything in between

• Like Like x 1
  12. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

Pilbara Iron would be awesome. Interesting fact: the longest ever recorded train in the world was in the Pilbara Iron area. I'd like to see some Australian modern diesels and also be able to load and unload the iron ore cars.

• Like Like x 3
  13. UnlimitedGamer3

I have constructed a version of the adelaide metro network and is downloadable on steam workshop. Its still under development but its the only one out there.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Crytical

Crytical New Member

Can you send a link, UnlimitedGamer3? I'd love to try out what you have made

• Like Like x 1
  15. TheConductor

TheConductor New Member

Some have but all were denied most Australian companies are not interested in being featured in TS unfortunately.

• Like Like x 1
  16. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  17. RailWorkshop

RailWorkshop Member

Golden Rule - If you want to see your country's train then don't ask here.
    Better make it yourself.

18. TheConductor

TheConductor New Member

There is no reason why they shouldn't ask here, dovetail isn't the only dev that watches these threads for ideas and who knows you might get lucky. But this area is not just used for deciding what to make next it is used to gauge which specific types or what country specific content. Back about 2 years ago i think a friend of mine that knew someone at dovetail told me they had looked into an Australian route but there was so much red tape and legal hops to jump threw that it would be profitable or possible. Things could have changed by now and we can be hopeful to see one made.

• Like Like x 1
  19. TheConductor

TheConductor New Member

The deal about metra was that it included BNSF which for some reason will not allow licenses outside the U.S. and metra has the same policy as they used to be owned by then BN. This is also true for all BNSF owned company's or names, such as the santa fe. Here in the U.S. though they did get a license and both raton pass and the metra route have logos for me. I think if dovetail where to produce a Australian route this is what would have to happen. But i also know that dovetail dosn't like doing that, partnered developers will but dovetail itself usually avoids producing content that they can't get an international license for. But as i said mabey we can be hopeful that a developer will take this on.

20. QLD SIMULATOR PLZ

QLD SIMULATOR PLZ New Member

I’d love to see all trains across Australia. Qld rail, Nsw rail, etc.

• Like Like x 2
  21. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Some of the content in TS2019 was made by DTG and there is a good percentage that was made by other companies.

As Australian routes are available in Trainz why not try to get the people who made those locos and routes to make something for TS2019?
    There are a few Chinese routes in TS2019 and these were made by an outside firm and just released thru Just Trains and later Steam.

Peter

• Like Like x 2
  22. RailWorkshop

RailWorkshop Member

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  23. UnlimitedGamer3

For those who say that making routes is hard, your not lying, ive probably spent the last 12 months creating Adelaide metro, and I have successfully created assets, using blender, but reading from graphics to English same with xml and lua scripting. but its a tough job. RailWorkshop, your definitely right, golden rule - if you want it done, you do it yourself.

• Like Like x 2
  24. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

An XPT could be made fairly easily.. The intermediate trailers would need to be made from scratch (apart from the bogies) but the powercars are pretty much the same as the UK HST ones (although with a lower max speed)

25. PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā

PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā Well-Known Member

I'd like to see a suburban Brisbane route. We use AWS up here in the suburban area, so that could be borrowed from the UK parts of the game, same with the 25Kv Overhead poles, very similar, not sure if there's any 3' 6" track though. Or maybe even the lockyer valley route from Ipswich to Toowoomba.

• Like Like x 3
  26. steammaster4449

steammaster4449 Well-Known Member

27. saxon#1462

saxon#1462 Active Member

i will get footage of qld rail dommben and redcliffe line down to Roma street. the trains will be emu imu 100 ngr. i will do station tours at all stations except for fortitude valley.