Clinchfield F7 Dynamic Brakes

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by hawks5896, Apr 15, 2021.

1. hawks5896

hawks5896 Member

Played Limited Power Scenario Today

On way down mountain set the Transition Lever to Braking - Orange Bar filled the bottom of the meter Amps read 25 the 35 tops. Then amps dropped to zero, had to pulll the emergency as speed was over 45 mph. Restarted from Emergency, at lower levels the speed could be controlled but I think it was train brakes

With transition in braking I moved the throttle from notch 1 to 8 with seemingly no effect - I used the train brakes to keep the speed in check at lower steepness levels as well as the dynamics - I think the majority of effect was provided by the train brakes.

Was I doing everything correctly? Did I forget something as the dynamics seemed to do little if anything

Any info would be appreciated

• Like Like x 1
  2. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

I believe this has to be added to The Great List of Bugs on the Clinchfield Railroad.

3. david5150

david5150 Well-Known Member

It seems like they leave finding the bugs to the customers

4. hawks5896

hawks5896 Member

Agreed - watched a video on U Tube (PC game) and saw a different result of turning on the dynamics than I experienced

5. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

DB amps should never be 0- that was weird. When working properly, the DB can hold speed on a modest grade, or most grades with a light train. Where they can't then use the air brakes to bleed off ~10mph, then release. In most case you don't need more than initial reduction, although a heavy consist on a steep grade might require 10-15 pounds.