Doncaster To Cleethorpes (south Humberside Main Line)

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by class66fan1, Apr 11, 2018.

1. class66fan1

class66fan1 Member

This route runs from the ECML hub of Doncaster to the coastal resort of Cleethorpes.

There are several points of interest along the route, including:

Doncaster - Various freight yards and a large interchange station.
    [​IMG]

Hatfield & Stainforth - Popular trainspotting location due to its situation between two major junctions.
    [​IMG]

Scunthorpe - Large expanse of lines around the steel works and another favourable trainspotting location.
    [​IMG]

Barnetby - Arguably one of the most popular trainspotting locations in the UK, sidings, big junctions to the north and south and great views down the line.
    [​IMG]

Ulceby - Just off the mainline, quaint single platform station with plenty of freight passing daily.
    [​IMG]

Cleethorpes - Terminus of the line, great sea views and close to the miniature railway.
    [​IMG]
    The main route runs for 52 miles from Doncaster to Cleethorpes along with the Barton-on-Humber branch adding another potential 15 miles on top of various freight yards bringing the total mileage upwards of 75-80 miles.

The larger freight networks are in Doncaster, Scunthorpe, Immingham, Killingholme and Lindsey which would add great scenario variety on top of the express passenger services along the length of the route and the local passenger services between Cleethorpes and Barton-on-Humber and vice versa.

The trains that would be included with this route are as follows:

Passenger-
    Transpennine Express Class 185 (New to train simulator) - main express services, operate on the whole length of the line.
    [​IMG]

Northern Rail Class 153 (Possibility of an updated version) - local passenger services, operate on the Barton line and occasionally do the Doncaster-Scunthorpe shuttle services.
    [​IMG]
    East Midlands Trains Class 153 (Possibility of an updated version) - local passenger services, operate on this line between Barnetby and Grimsby Town but services operate from Lincoln to Grimsby Town.
    [​IMG]

Freight-
    DB Cargo UK/Colas Rail Class 60s (Possibility of an updated version), operate mostly to and from Lindsey Oil Depots.
    [​IMG]

DB Cargo UK-Freightliner Class 66s - Could include previous versions and allow for AP Enhancement Pack to be implemented.
    [​IMG]

Freight Rolling Stock-
    TDA Tank Wagons (New to train simulator)
    [​IMG]

HHA/HIA Wagons
    [​IMG]

JUA Wagons (New to train simulator)
    [​IMG]

Drax Hopper Wagon (New to train simulator)
    [​IMG]

The scenario potential is also great with express runs, local jaunts, long-haul freight journeys and freight marshalling in the various depots. Also, the works at Doncaster would allow for pretty much any train to be used on this route as the works sees all kinds of traction and rolling stock.

It would be great to have full passenger and freight quick drive options implemented as well.

The locations for railfan scenarios could be Doncaster, Scunthorpe, Barnetby and Cleethorpes.

I believe that this route would provide plenty of interest with new trains and rolling stock as well as several locations that are famous for their trainspotting potential.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
    • Like Like x 13
  2. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Your route suggestion looks very good and interesting for train simulator

• Like Like x 2
  3. BritishRail60062

BritishRail60062 Active Member

This would be perfect. As I think it would be a perfect route for the MKS Class 185 to run along. As for freight. A new updated Class 60 with a fully functional cab and high res textures be grand and some TEA tanks for the Lindsey Oil Refinery. I did propose this route as the North Lincolnshire Line as Lincoln Central via Market Rasen could be included in this route as well. So perhaps using the Class 153 from Lincoln Central to Grimsby Central and Cleethorpes could be another option to include?

So I would be happy to pay for this route and those three trains :).

• Like Like x 2
  4. John Murphy

John Murphy Well-Known Member

I used to have a rough version of this route in Trainz 2010 and I liked driving it. I would love to see it in TS. Lots of potential for both freight and passenger. I hope they make a TPE DMU set if they do the route. It's about time we had one.

• Like Like x 3
  5. class66fan1

class66fan1 Member

I do agree that the MKS Class 185 would be great for this route. Even if DTG made their own version for this route before the MKS version released at least we would then have a 185 at last. An updated 60 would be a great chance for DTG to up their game in terms of addons, having a chance to improve upon a JT Advanced loco! I first saw your proposal after I posted mine but I thought that as more people suggest the same route the more it will get the attention of DTG, hopefully. Adding the line to Lincoln Central would be great, but may take some risks in terms of scenery. I do admit it would be more useful than the Barton-on-Humber Branch so perhaps the line to Lincoln could be done instead. Great idea!

Thanks overall for your comment, I'm sure there are many more out there that would love to have this route become a reality in TS!

• Like Like x 2
  6. class66fan1

class66fan1 Member

Thank you very much, apologies for the late reply!

7. class66fan1

class66fan1 Member

The route does indeed have almost infinite potential in all fields of railway operations. And TPE is severely lacking in TS so I could not agree with you more! Thanks for your comment!

8. Doc

Doc New Member

I'd absolutely love this! Is there any progress on it?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Access Violation suck

Access Violation suck New Member

10. jamie0656

jamie0656 New Member

This route is already freeware for TS. https://fuller-sim.weebly.com/south-tpe.html

11. budtheweiser

budtheweiser Active Member

this route might be a Great Idea for train simulator with the class 185 and 153 and 155 sprinter trains and get it developed for end of June this year

12. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

Have you read the post above yours which gives you a link to what you looking for?
    Also it's naive to say when you want it done by. Route building takes a long time.

13. budtheweiser

This route would be a great Idea for the game to see another northeast route to see comuter trains and the route would be a good idea to see people play this route in the game with moden rolingstock

14. Doc

Doc New Member

I live in Cleethorpes and am very familiar with this route, really hoping this becomes a reality.

15. budtheweiser

Great Idea for a railway line in the North of England to be in the game & DTG could get the license with Transpenine Express