Medals In Timetable Mode

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by cp1400, Apr 16, 2021.

1. cp1400

cp1400 Member

Hello everyone, just something I've ran across. It seems to me that the first medal you get (When you first finish a timetable service) sticks with you forever. Is this a bug or is it supposed to be like that? For instance, the first service I ran on Clinchfield gave me a silver medal (Even though I think I did everything right and didn't waste any time, but this is beside the point, just some extra info). When I ran this service another time, it didn't give me any medal information upon completion. Is this a bug or supposed to be this way?

Clarification of this would be really appreciated! Thanks in advance! :)

2. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

The way it works is it only rewards a medal if you bettered the score you already have (ie If you earned a silver and your next score on that service is equal or worse you will get nothing as it only rewards your best score).

Also it seems like playing anything from a resumed save game can also mess with it a bit.

3. cp1400

cp1400 Member

So then apparently you can't get a better medal than silver on that timetable scenario? Did everything in stellar fashion lol :)

4. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

When you say timetable scenario what do you mean exactly (as they are 2 different things: scenario or timetabled service)...or do you mean the 1st task in a journey...which could be either.

The only reason I ask is that the way it awards medals in scenarios and services can vary a little.

5. cp1400

cp1400 Member

I'm sorry I meant "timetable services" and not scenarios!

6. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Ok...with services there seems to be an 'invisible' points threshold for bronze, silver and gold (as opposed to scenarios which clearly show what you need for each).

I find for some services the threshold for gold to be very high (or possibly unattainable due to a bug which happens with some medals). In your case you didn't quite reach the gold theshold hence getting a silver and on your subsequent run, even though you thoought you didnt make any mistakes, you still didn't hit that gold threshold (possiblyu due to a medal bug)....and because you already had the silver medal it didn't show anything.

It would be nice if it shown how many pts you needed for each medal for services the same as it does for scenarios

7. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

If my medals were real, I'd look like a North Korean general.
    Now where's my notebook and pencil?

• Like Like x 1
  8. cp1400

cp1400 Member

Yeah it's a bug then I guess. More people reporting the same so..And I agree, it would be nice to see the medal system on services just like they are on the scenarios.