Loco Add-ons On Tsw2

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by kosti.nuuja, Apr 17, 2021.

1. kosti.nuuja

kosti.nuuja Well-Known Member

I've noticed that rolling stock which is not part of preserved collection, contains layer for only one route. Does this mean, that if DTG adds new rolling stock for one route, other routes will not add layers for them? Example:
    DB BR 101 for only HRR, although there is more routes that 101 can be used.
    DB BR 420 for only HMA, although it's also used on S-Bahn Köln.
    DB BR 423 for only HMA, although it's also used on S-Bahn Köln.

2. Cloadmcally

Cloadmcally Active Member

Posting twice about the same topic is not very productive, granted you gave it a different spin here. In tsw we had a few locos dlc that indeed were used just for one route (DB BR 182) while others, especially the ones that came with routes were used in layers. However many Freight Locos DLCs have been used throughout many original and tsw2 routes (DB BR 155 for example). I don't think there really is a rule that DTG stick by. They consider what makes sense financially and effort-wise, however incorrect or displeasing that may be.
    Regarding the switch from 422 to 423, I don't see why, given I have taken a fair few s-bahn services in Köln and there were a few 422s in the mix, but a part from that, DTG have stated multiple times that editing existing timetables can be very challenging, as a minor shift in performance (which would happen by swapping trains) could break the entire timetable, and take a lot of man hours to edit and fix.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

If DTG add a loco which applies to multiple routes DTG have multiple options:
    1. Only add the loco to it's "home route" (ie where it exists in game)
    2. Add the route to it's home route, add it as a possible swap out on other routes where such things apply
    3. As per number 1, but add a separate layer with additional services rather than replacements
    4. as per 1,2 or 3 (or a mix), OR add a separate timetable which includes the new loco

4. kuchen0125

kuchen0125 Active Member

I would run the 101 on several routes but not the BR420 or BR423 in Cologne. In Germany, trains don't look the same everywhere in local transport. We need a 420 + 423 with S-Bahn Köln Design + interior.

5. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

... which is by the way not made by DTG. And the 420 from München and the 420 from Cologne aren't just the same.

• Like Like x 1