PlayStation Class 08 Blu British Rail Shunter Appeared In Wsr?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by shhweeet#4292, Apr 18, 2021.

1. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

I’ve bought both the locomotive add ons for WSR, Class 33, and 32, so now I have all the add on locomotives available for this route along with the included Class 47, and Class 09 shunter. When I looked into the timetable section I’ve noticed I’ve also got the Class 08 shunter in British Rail blue? How have I got this because I didn’t buy it for WSR so I can only assume I’ve got it as part of either the Class 33 or Class 32 purchases? Is that correct?

Also what does that key like symbol in the top left corner of the picture mean?

• Like Like x 1
  2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It’s TSW’s substitution system that allows locos from other routes you own to be driven on suitable services in some other routes. The 08 substitutes in for the 09 services included in WSR so you can drive them with a different loco if you so wish.

The symbol in the corner means there is a choice of liveries for that train. If you press the square button on your controller you can change between the liveries for that loco. There isn’t much of a difference with the 08 liveries. The same system is used to select trains of different lengths on routes that have different configurations of multiple units, like the M7 in LIRR.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

Thanks stujoy I honestly couldn’t weigh up how it got into WSR. :)

With regards to pressing the square button to change the length of trains where allowed does that work on something like the Class 101 DMU ( My favourite train ) which can be made up into 4 cars or possibly more?

4. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

I believe on Tees Valley you can select between 2 and 3 cars, not too sure on Northern Trans Pennine - I remember in TSW2020 you didn't have to do that (IMO a better system)

• Like Like x 1
  5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It works whenever there are options available in the route. Some routes have all the different lengths of a train in one timetable list, so no choice has to be made, others have them split up into different timetable lists. It all depends on how each route has been set up when the timetable was made. The problem with the system as it stands is you don’t know what configuration you are choosing because there is nothing to distinguish them other than a picture, which can be the same for different length trains. Hopefully that will be addressed in the next yearly update, when the menus will get an update.

• Like Like x 1
  6. finntd#7891

finntd#7891 Well-Known Member

its just substitution the same thing happens if you own the class 20 as well