Menus Flashing Between Kbm And Xb Inputs

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by OldVern, Apr 19, 2021.

1. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I post this in the PC section as it is the most relevant area. Anyhow, just wondering if anyone else has encountered this where, on the menu screens, the input cycles between that for the keyboard/mouse and the Xbox 360 controller making it impossible to navigate? I have a suspicion it’s my XB pad at fault as I’ve also been getting issues in ETS2 and ATS with the dreaded sliding mouse cursor bug, but before I delve into the spaghetti of wiring behind the PC to yank the controller out of its socket, would like to know if there’s a less invasive solution.

2. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. OldVern

4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Simple diagnostic, unplug the inputs one by one until you're left with a stable system. The one not plugged in could be broken or try connecting via a different port if available. Could be a dodgy connection. Also check things like drivers because updates may be required (or the latest driver could be dodgy)

5. OldVern

I will see what I can salvage later. Unfortunately new genuine Xbox 360 controllers seem to be a rare commodity. Thought I would treat myself to a new wireless one but a fruitless quest. Swindon "Game" has now been relegated to two shelves at the back of Sports Direct and when I popped in there earlier, didn't look like any hardware on sale. Quick check of Amazon shows various third party joypads most with poor reviews and some going for an outrageous price.

6. OldVern

Looks like it is a faulty gamepad. Detached it from PC and all menus now working correctly. Fired up ETS2 and mouse now stable, though try driving a truck with KBM (not recommended!).

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

Xbox One controllers are excellent - and if you have bluetooth they can connect wirelessly through that (the newer ones anyway).

I still have my old wired 360 controller but I must admit I am using my X1 controller via my laptop (which has Bluetooth) more these days, the 360 controller is mostly on my desktop that is lacking bluetooth.

Matt.

8. OldVern

Just ordered a replacement off Overclockers UK, seem to have a better selection than the Rainforest.