PlayStation Which Do You Play Most. Journey Or Timetable

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by shhweeet#4292, Apr 19, 2021.

1. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

I started off doing journey on the routes I’ve attempted so far but then started doing the timetables because I wanted a variety locomotives to drive. Btw on the start up screen of a route why is there 2 boxes to click with regards to continuing a journey?

2. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

i think one box is for you to continue from where your progress is at and then the second one you can just manually choose which one you want to do. Personally, I just stick to timetable myself usually i play the tutorials play scenarios just to grow confidence and then jump in timetable mode

• Like Like x 3
  3. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

That's exactly what I do. Tutorials, scenarios and then I like to pick and choose in the timetable and fix the weather depending on my mood. Don't think I've ever used journey mode.

• Like Like x 2
  4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I play mainly from the timetable but in new routes that I get I usually do the journey too, but not always all of them and not in the order they are given, not any more anyway. I tend to miss out the scenarios altogether these days until I have got to know the route a bit. It’s not always that way but I do have some route and loco DLC where I have some scenarios yet to play. I never stick to playing one route a lot like I used to, I try to get use out of all my content old and new. I’m taking a break from buying anything new because I have so much stuff to get through and both the Journey Mode and timetable have so much to explore. With a lot of trains I don’t even bother with the tutorials now unless it’s something completely alien to me like with the 395 in SEHS, although I’ve noticed that some tutorials cover so much now they are like an extra scenario.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

I mainly play journey mode but if I want to drive other locos on the same route like Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen for example, then I play timetable mode. Both DB BR 406 ICE 3M & DB BR 442 have their own scenarios and selected timetable within each chapter in journey mode. However, the S-Bahn, freight, and Regional Express services on this route that came from other routes as layers don't have scenarios and the selected timetable in journey mode.

6. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

I never touch journey mode. Once I've done the tutorial I'll either do a scenario or a random service.

• Like Like x 1
  7. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

I always do journeys, it gives you sometimes a certain flow of doing services and I like it. I also do it to make the game more complete :)

• Like Like x 3
  8. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

I don't use journey mode due to the lack of flow between services.

I enjoy doing a trip from A-B, changing ends and then doing B-A. Journey Mode doesn't allow you to resume exactly where you left off, so instead of having a leisurely 5-10 minutes to change ends, you're instead thrown into the new cab and told "off you go"

• Like Like x 1
  9. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

I agree, it's nice to shut down the cab correctly, change ends set the cab up again then sit waiting for the service to depart like IRL.

10. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

Don't do Journey mode. I live in timetable mode (after having done all tutorials and scenarios of course). I start at the top of my route list, do 1 timetable trip with each available loco for that route, then move on to the next route. When I get to the bottom of the route list, I go back to the top. In that way, my goal is to complete all available timetables.

11. lmcpfc2014

lmcpfc2014 Well-Known Member

I play timetable and try to complete all of them but I don't have enough free time. At the moment the most timetable services I've done on a route is 50/270 on SEHS. I tend to get bored of TSW a couple of weeks after I buy a new route.

12. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

I never touched journey mode again after getting the trophy for completing ten chapters. For me, it's tutorials -> scenarios -> timetable.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I played journeys to get the trophy, but now it’s strictly scenarios and timetable mode. Once I’ve completed the scenarios I rarely, if ever, replay them.

14. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

Welcome to the club! :D
    I was very reluctant to start playing TSW2 and I'm still avoiding certain routes whose many unfixed bugs annoy me.
    When playing I try to get as much fun as possible, which means I play only those journeys with few services.
    Other than that I'm almost always playing timetable. I must admit though that I'm taking a lot of notes along the way, so that now I've quite an extensive spreadsheet with a whole lot of information. (There are many inaccuracies in the timetables, but I'm tired of posting bugs when there's no timely fix in sight and no other form of acknowledgement.)

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
  15. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

I'm the exact same, I've not 100% completed a single route on TSW but then again my goal was never really to "complete" a route. I just drive what I want when I want. Back to what you said about getting bored, the last route I purchased was SEHS which I've done a handful of services for at most and probably won't buy another until Cathcart is released or whichever UK route is out first.

16. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

I always do journey mode first, then work around that

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. Aufzug

Aufzug Active Member

Timetable is my go-to.

18. ildario77

ildario77 Well-Known Member

Timetable only.

19. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

Journeys first, because they are not checked off in the journey if you run them in timetable mode and thus have to run the scenarios twice. When the journey is finished I look at what is left and not covered by the journey and run the rest in timetable mode.

20. GuitarMan

GuitarMan Well-Known Member

Journey first for me :)

21. phillip.good

phillip.good Well-Known Member

I’d never really bothered with journey as some of the mix is predictable and, being a bit of a geek, I like to play a route in the current season with the correct weather on a given day ( would love the weather to be a bit more dynamic). Then, along came clinchfield and I decided to go with the journey mode and..... it’s fun in a kinda ‘platform’ game kinda way.... I am not letting myself skip ahead unless I complete the ‘level’ as it were. Anyhoo, makes a change.... for a change

22. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

I basically only play on the scenario planner- lots of different trains and lots of adverse signals.

23. Maverick_ng

Maverick_ng Active Member

Free Roam, then pick a unit to drive or be pax