Today's Roadmap

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by lmcpfc2014, Apr 20, 2021.

1. lmcpfc2014

lmcpfc2014 Well-Known Member

Does anyone think they'll be anything new on the roadmap? Other than the 101 in next arrival, I think it'll be the same as last time. I think because of the Rush Hour announcement we won't get any new routes on the roadmap for a few weeks. I'm getting less excited every week with these roadmaps as nothing new is on them.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’m hoping the LIRR fixes will finally be released today. I’d imagine there’ll be an update today in readiness for the 101 release on Thursday.

I don’t think any new routes will be announced. I reckon we’ll have to wait until 4 May.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. lmcpfc2014

Yeah same. At least it's only two weeks until 4th May. I really hope we get some more routes that haven't been in TS already.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Alexandreo3

Alexandreo3 Active Member

The Purpose of these Roadmaps is to inform us about things that they currently work on.
    And if they dont have something new than it is that way.
    Better than pumping up the hype-train with a handfull of new stuff evertime that then isnt even worked on and just sits their forever like in the first interations of the roadmap.
    I mean the company didnt just got magiclly bigger and has more money to just put out twice the content all of a sudden.
    So better only something new when they at DTG are really doing it then having all the teams ideas and whishes listed there for ages.

5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Good! the roadmap isn't for exciting new stuff, that's what "Exciting new stuff announcement streams" are for. The roadmap is about the progress of said new stuff once it's been announced, so your next "excitement" is May 4th

• Like Like x 4
  6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Unless there is a new loco DLC going on it, I doubt there will be anything new. There’ll be the usual update of what routes Adam’s working on and some blurb at the top of the page explaining what’s what.

• Like Like x 1
  7. lmcpfc2014

What I mean is that they kept saying that new routes will start appearing on the roadmap, and it's not happening. We now have to wait another two weeks to find out something new. As well as that ECW pis was meant to come out months ago and they keep pushing it back until they do a UK update, and the work is done.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

We've had several new routes in the last few months, and they're now working up to their summer release, so "new routes" will be rolled up into that
    Roadmap states what the dev teams are working on. There's no roadmap for QA, beta testing or release. The closest is when they drop into "upcoming"

• Like Like x 1
  9. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

The things I’m hoping for news about are

1) Rivet’s next patch for Arosa as they announced it would include Raildriver support.
    2) The change of speed limit on the Bakerloo line to become effective at the front of the train passing it.

Not that interested in LIRR, but appreciate lots of people are, so hopefully these fixes will be coming soon as well.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Since May 4 has been designated "Rush Hour" launch day, I think any substantial news will be held back until then. Much as I'd like Cane Creek to move up, I'm not anticipating any new developments.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

I'm especially looking forward to the DLC being updated, after the repairs by Adam's team.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Well-Known Member

Knowing the schedule and trends. Usually they update the game for a new update/patch on Tuesdays and release content on Thursdays.

As for the LIRR fixes, as stated in the past they are working on trying to make sure the content works and delayed it until it's ready for release.
    But as the LIRR fixes has been in this for months now, I presume DTG are close to completing it. If not then done with it and releasing it today.
    Given that the release date for the DB BR 101 is 2 days away a patch should follow later in the day today.

Also as clarification the roadmap does NOT show exactly when route/trains are releasing. We only know generally roughly how far to completion they are if they are in the "upcoming" or "next arrival" sections. (2 weeks to 1-2 months, give or take respectively)

Re: TSW: Rush Hour, I think Sam or DTG Protagonist has confirmed to a person that it's just a fancy name with new routes. Similar to a new route bundle with new passenger routes I hypothesize.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I only had HRR and LGV updated right now, if other DLCs will be updated later in the evening, I don't know but I don't think so.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  14. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  15. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I think the MSB, LIRR and RT updates will be released after HHL.

Anyway I can't wait for the patch notes

16. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

No patch notes on the tech site.
    I’m downloading version 1.31 on my PS5 now. 2.519GB.

17. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Post is deleted

• Like Like x 1
  18. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

19. lmcpfc2014

I was very surprised to see that Rivet are doing This Penzance route. Very excited for it, hopefully interesting trains coming with it. I think people are too harsh on Rivet, they’re a smaller developer and are new to TSWs different route building. I will definitely be buying it

20. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

I come from the future. Rivet are making a Cornwall route. You won't see this until today (or the future in your time) because your timeline won't be in the present until it is. When you reach the time this was posted in my timeline, this will show up. Until then. This won't appear. Nor will you be notified. Oh, also, yesterday is going to be a good day.

• Like Like x 1
  21. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Sam had said this to a (unofficial) Train Sim Community Discord that it is indeed a bundle. Screenshot_20210424_143505.jpg

• Like Like x 2