Why Have You Split Up The Playerbase Into 3 Games???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by metimmather, Jan 7, 2021.

1. metimmather

metimmather Member

been a fisherman since a child, only fishing game i ever got into was sega fishing, tried all the rapala games and found them lacking. i stumbled onto fishing sim world by accident as came free with pc msoft gamepass, well it was a good idea by you guys to put on there as in the following weeks i bought nearly all the DLC and fell in love with the game.
    i dont know why you keep rehashing the basic same game, when you could just give out free updates and add features to DLC packs. that way you would have all your playerbase in 1 title and build a community of fans around it. i jumped in with the second title fishing sim world, i can only imagine how annoying it would be had i became a fan with euro fishing and bought the dlc only to have the playerbase chopped in half and then do the the same thing all over again with the fishing sim world title by flogging the catch.
    having a look at the new title and seeing it only focuses on the course/carp fishing, i have sneaky feeling in a number of months youll be putting out trailers for another version of the catch that is just for the bass/lure side.
    i really want to like and support developers of the games i fall in love with, but sometimes you guys really make it hard for people like you.

• Like Like x 1
  2. jamesburns34

jamesburns34 Member

That would be great,but most,if not all sport games bring a new game out every year,after a year of playing people get bored and want something new and better.

3. metimmather

metimmather Member

think thats due to updating a massive player roster of sportsmen and teams. i can think of nothing worse than looking to the yearly rip off sports titles like fifa, nba2k and madden as the type of game to aspire to be like.
    personally ive never even thought of it as a sports type game, saw it more as a niche sim game, like euro track simulator. that game became such a hit exactly because they didnt make a new version right away, they just kept building on success of that one title.

• Like Like x 2
  4. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Hi metimmather, with each game we release, we build on the last and improve. The Catch: Carp and Coarse has better fish-fighting mechanics and a more advanced water flow feature, it is also our European fishing game, rather than the bigger bass style that FSW has. In the past with FSW, our method has been to build on top of the game by making more venues, equipment, and fish but, this brings us to a point where we need to move on and improve on what we had before. Our team has now stopped working on Fishing Sim World: Pro Tour and The Catch: Carp and Coarse so they can have the time to go through some of the bigger things that have been around since Euro Fishing, rather than just making new venues. We want to make sure what we make next is better than before. Thank you for the feedback and I'll make sure to pass it onto our team.

5. jamesburns34

jamesburns34 Member

Is their a next gen game in the works yet dtg clarky?thanks

6. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Hey jamesburns34, nothing to officially announce at the moment. As soon as we having anything to share I'll put info up.

• Like Like x 1
  7. metimmather

metimmather Member

could you atleast think about making the games cross platform. the mp feature is always empty.

8. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

metimmather cross platform is something which has come up and we have passed on the interest to the team.

9. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Am I reading this statement right? I'm sure it's saying that the latest title has been binned after 6 months and no further work will be done on The Catch venue or update wise?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thorman

Thorman Active Member

Yes, they will probably release another game soon. Let's hope we won't lose the previous venues. Again.

11. Anglerpj

Anglerpj New Member

They can’t commit to finishing one game. Or even taking some of the thousands of suggestions that we’ve said. Oh well I learned my lesson and sounds like others did too. Wish they just added the catch as a dlc to fsw

• Like Like x 1
  12. fredblogs487

fredblogs487 Member

yep all the bugs and problems will not be fixed, I will not be buying their next game.

13. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

This decision to stop working on the current games gives the team the time to be able to do stuff they couldn't before. Stuff like time to polish and taking on suggestions/feedback. We'll have more info throughout the year about what they are up to.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Can you confirm when you say taking suggestions and implementing them means added features as well as bug fixes?

If the intention is not to release a new title anytime soon, taking into account The Catch is barely 6 months old. Surely a few added DLC venues are a must to keep the game fresh enough to last another several months?

From reading the replies. It is clear the worry is and this includes myself that the game will be left to stagnate, at best very minor updates that really don't impact the game until another new title appears.

• Like Like x 1
  15. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

A lot of the feedback and suggestions we are looking at now are things that usually affect all of our games, so it is important for us to look at this so we know what the community thinks we could do better on. This has helped the team know what important things we should look at for what we do next. That does not mean the "next" thing is going to be bug fixes and updates for our current games. We are being clear that the team is no longer working on The Catch: Carp and Coarse or Fishing Sim World. If the dev team work on new venues then we are removing time from them to be able to work on features, improvements and time to polish what's next.

With each game release, we learn more about what our community wants and expects from our games. One of the things that came up is players wanting a more substantial/worthwhile update in a new game compared to the previous release. So the decision to give the team more time by not working on The Catch: Carp and Coarse or Fishing Sim World is us trying to solve that going forward.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  16. Thorman

Thorman Active Member

This means that we will have to wait quite a long time before the next game with the catch that you abandonned so quickly. A few copy-pasted venues from FSW would be welcome during the waiting time and make us feel we didn't pay for an empty shell.

• Like Like x 1
  17. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Unfortunately, as I mentioned the team won't be working on the current games any longer. Venues between the two games do have to go through a significant amount of work to get them running in the newer build of The Catch: Carp and Coarse.

18. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

There is nothing inherently wrong with The Catch that some key bug fixes wouldnt fix. I actually would say the same applied too FSW.

The move by Dovetail from Euro Fishing to FSW always made sense due to the introduction of new methods and species into the game. That was a big advancement and warranted a new title. I dont feel the same with the transition from FSW to the Catch. It could have been in time though, if there were further enhancements and add ons but clearly there won't be.

In a nutshell the Catch lasted no more than 6 months and to be honest you can nearly half that due to the lack of anything being meaningfully added or updated (bugs) in the past few months. Also kind of leaves a bad taste in the mouth that all the time people put in to send bug reports etc to help improve the game and it was never going to be used to fix it.

As constructive feedback. I stuck with FSW over the Catch at first purely as I wasn't sure enough that the Catch wouldn't be just FSW with a few addons. I kept an eye on the forums and the same bugs that were never fixed in FSW were being reported again for the Catch. I needed to feel confident with the Developers intentions.

This has knocked my confidence back considerably. I will continue to play The Catch no doubt because without sounding like a broken record, I actually do enjoy it.

• Like Like x 1
  19. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Thank you for taking the time to let us know Chizzckh. Hopefully what the devs do in the future will regain some confidence.

• Like Like x 1
  20. stuartmiller07

stuartmiller07 New Member

Since they aren't working on The Catch anymore and don't care about it... can they just jump into it quickly and up the boss catch rate so we can complete the game in time for the new release? If they aren't working on it, what harm will it be to just let people enjoy the final few months of it before the next game?? Up it by 10% or something lol

• Like Like x 1
  21. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Unfortunately, as the team isn't working on The Catch: Carp and Coarse anymore this isn't possible. Increasing catch rates isn't a straightforward task. Each piece of equipment, venue, and fish species has its own values and stats, which when combined give you different catch rates. To change catch rates for anything, a lot of other pieces need to be looked at.

22. Thorman

Thorman Active Member

Let's hope DTG Fishing learnt how to do things properly by seeing DTG Train Sim World : Make the previous lakes we bought available in a "preserved collection" so that we can finally play all our paid venues in the same game instead of having to launch three games.

I hope this is what takes DTG such a long time. Maybe talking about your next game and not being so secretive would give you ideas and you could correct errors before releasing it. I don't think players will buy a new copy-pasted game and lose their venues once again.

23. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Definately would love to see some of the old venues from previous releases. Although not a straight copy and paste, some updated species and new boss fish. Even some tweaked old boss fish but with new weights.

One of my fav old venues was St John's. Had a great mix of big cats and carp. With numerous boss fish for all the species in the venue.

Generally always thought the best venues through the series had multiple boss fish for each species. Not all carp boss catches with a token boss for each of the other species in any given venue. Something maybe the developers may want to consider for any future releases.

24. Master110

Master110 Active Member

Because its about getting money for unfinished projects.

The catch has hardly any lakes. And should of just.been dlc.add.on for. So.. world

25. fionarampling

fionarampling New Member

It would be cool not to release some games every year, but to do everything on one site just to upgrade it.... ))