Rush Hour Update

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by helderbrincolas, Apr 20, 2021.

1. helderbrincolas

helderbrincolas Well-Known Member

Do i need to own TSW 2 base game to buy the rush hour pack?

2. Haribo112

Haribo112 Well-Known Member

Wait till May 4th, it will be revealed then.

3. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

i would think so seeing it's for train sim world 2

• Like Like x 1
  4. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

If my understanding is correct - the Rush Hour package does not require TSW2 already owned, as it'd come with the (updated) base game. To get the update as and when it releases, you would need TSW2 already, just like any other update.

That's not confirmed or anything, I'm just basing it on what has happened in the past with such things.

• Like Like x 1
  5. helderbrincolas

Because i moved from console to PC, and this rush hour update call my attention, because they can do a bundle of new routes like they did in TSW 2, and that would save me money and grab new routes as well

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

I haven't really been following it....but hopefully these updated 'rush hour' timetables for the existing routes are able to be purchased seperately (or maybe cheaper to purchase it and overlay it over your current TSW2 install). I guess all will be revealed soon enough

• Like Like x 1
  7. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

You will need to wait until May 4th to get the final answer, but Sam said today that Rush Hour is the annual release. That makes me think it will include the game engine but probably not the routes that are in the current base game (SKA, Bakerloo, Sand Patch).

8. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

As stated by Sam, "Rush hour" is the annual release
    so to my mind this means it's the equivalent of TSW2-2022 so will be the main base game and a bundle of routes, which means if you already HAVE the base game you won't get the new routes, but you WILL get the core game update
    But if you have the core game you can buy the new bundle of routes and get them at a reduced price.
    It's kind of what DTG do every year for TSW/TSW2 and TSC and it can be confusing at first but easy enough after that

• Like Like x 1
  9. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

If you too (like me) have brought yourself from console to pc I suggest you visit Steam. There are discounts of up to 60% just these days. With 100Euro/Dollars I bought back 1/3 of the game, or almost.

10. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

From the points mentioned in roadmap stream I think that "Rush Hour" anual update bring one new route (US passenger), and two existing with additional(or reworked) timetables (HMA, SEH).
    Nothing to attract freight fans...

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

As far as I can tell they've said nothing on what routes will be included, there's no reason to think that a new US route will be included at this stage. And considering we don't have any new US routes in production publicly at present I don't think it's reasonable to assume there will be one included.

12. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

Sure, it's just speculation but I think it's very reliable. HMA and SEHS are undoubtedly the two routes (one per country) at the moment and the USA (without NY NEC) are lacking a mainly passenger route and even more, we have seen many trains (the DB 101 will be released in a few hours ) but on the American front still (in almost 4 years) a GENESIS P32/42 has not been seen.

13. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

upload_2021-4-21_12-21-5.png
    Sam said this in the TSC Discord (I'm not in it, that's from another server that nicks the news feed), although he appears to have if anything retracted it in yesterday's stream.

• Like Like x 2
  14. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

No reason to think that SEHS is the route involved in the new bundle, mainly because there isn't really a rush hour on that route. I think an additional two trains (one each way on the loop) and two more to Maidstone and that's it.
    I would imagine that there are much better "rush hour" lines in the UK, as in ones that don't just have three platforms at the terminus end (which is what St Pancras High Speed has)

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

I was thinking which routes I would include from the already released list, and I definitely thought of those two as the most solid choices. Looking at the "in production" list, I think maybe they will change SEHS for Cathcart Circle.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

Question for anyone who expects Rush Hour to only have high density commuter passenger routes.

Do you expect Spirit of Steam to only have steam locomotive routes?

17. helderbrincolas

I know, but i don´t want to grab the routes that i owned on console, i want to grab new stuff and this rush hour bunlde caught my attention.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

TBH, I'm not sure if Rush Hour will only include high density commuter routes, but at least most of them will be. To your question, the answer is yes because I do not expect SoS to be an annual release like Rush Hour. SoS is just the name for the first DLC that contains steam locos.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
  19. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

I wonder what commuter routes rush hour will include I hope they’ll include some American passenger commuter routes such as metro north or NJt.

20. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

yes you do. I understand it works like this...

You need the base game
    You then need great western to access the 125.
    Having the 125 gives you the opportunity to buy diesel legends
    Once youve bought diesel legends and completed mastery challenges you can then unlock German rush hour by owning all German routes and trains plus Isle of Wight.

after you’ve the completed 2 services on clinchfield (yes you need this too) then rush hour is ready to go.

Its as I’m sure you’ll agree far easier to unlock than previous updates :D