Bringing The Nec To Tsw2

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by EpilepticWeasel, Apr 20, 2021.

1. EpilepticWeasel

EpilepticWeasel Active Member

Before we get ahead of ourselves, this is not a suggestion to bring the TSW NEC route to TSW2. However, the lack of American passenger routes is a known issue and due to the popularity of the NEC I believe it would be a good place to start.

That being said, this is a proposal for a North Eastern Corridor route. The route I am proposing is from Trenton, New Jersey to New York City Penn Station. This is approximately 58 miles and offers 16 passenger stations. I am suggesting this section for multiple reasons. One, the game lacks Amtrak and this portion of the route would allow for multiple Amtrak services including the Acela which is the only American HST. And two it would feature the mainline for NJ Transit. Given that NJ Transit appeared n the recent Railfan Fest I feel like they would be open to joining TSW2, or they already are and this proposal is for nothing!

Between Amtrak and NJ Transit the route would feature an impressive amount of passenger services with a wide variety of motive power and rolling stock.

In addition, if DTG really wanted to make an action packed route the could build out the 91 mile route from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to NYC, New York. This would add more distance and stations for the Amtrak and Acela trains while also adding in the SEPTA Trenton Line from Philadelphia to Trenton. This would give place an immensely diverse range of trains to drive while offering three different American passenger train operators.

• Like Like x 7
  2. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t mind seeing NJt on TSW 2 in the future maybe they’ll be introduced in rush hour.

• Like Like x 1
  3. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Such a good idea once a SEPTA Licence is obtained the NEC ACS-64 600-670 will be reskinned into SEPTA ACS-64 901-915 with Comet IIs 2400s & Comet III-IV 2500s

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
  4. dedh98mosqueto

dedh98mosqueto Active Member

can't they just add the old one to the preserved collection and just make add ons for it like they did with the great western route?

5. Zgamer328

Zgamer328 New Member

also a future dlc could be the Avelia Liberty Loco once it is in service later this year

6. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

They have told us they won't because there are many things that are wrong with the DLC and it would be easier to rebuild in for TSW2 from scratch. Plus there are better sections of the North East Corridor to make

• Like Like x 3
  7. mrchuck

Like Boston to providence.

• Like Like x 1
  8. casssp

casssp Member

It would be great to have a new NEC.

9. Justin Navarro

Justin Navarro Member

this is definitely true the game lacks American passenger routes there needs to be a bigger way bigger variety. I agree with the NEC route I think it would be a amazing touch to the game

• Like Like x 1
  10. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

Exactly. Higher speeds for an Acela trainset and the possibility of commuter services.

11. mrchuck

Like MBTA.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Agent Qracle RUS

Agent Qracle RUS Well-Known Member

No thanks - I don't want a 30-minute ride again, better New York - Trenton section or New York - New Haven

• Like Like x 1
  13. CrazyDash

CrazyDash Well-Known Member

Heck yea that sounds awesome. DC-Baltimore would also a decent route.

• Like Like x 1
  14. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

I agree and for the NYC to Trenton Segment it can be linked by the Raritan Valley Line at Hunter Interlocking. Basically, Trenton to NYC will have Trains stop at EWR Airport to let an Inbound RVL Train cross into the NYC Bound Track then proceed to Newark Penn Station then NY Penn for Amtrak services. NJ Transit service is Newark Penn Station Secaucus Junction & NY Penn Station from trains that originate at Bay Head Long Branch Rahway & New Brunswick Jersey Ave.

15. Justin Navarro

Justin Navarro Member

this is definitely needed as American passenger routes are a big slacker In the game

16. mrchuck

If they did the north east corridor New York to new Haven they need to include metro north on that part of the north east corridor.

17. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Well-Known Member

Totally agree everyone. Currently TSW 2 lacks American passenger routes. Especially when considering the overwhelming amount of European content being released.
    I have nothing against European content, but seeing more American content should be strongly considered. But who knows the recent TSW: Rush Hour announcement could see the American passenger routes finally coming back after almost 2 years.
    I too would love to see a revamped and extended NEC, as well as the NJ Transit trains like the ALP-46 or ALP-45 with the comets and even the GE Arrow III would be nice.

18. mrchuck

but which Nj transit route would Dovetail do?

19. mlouie100

mlouie100 Well-Known Member

I would like to see a TSW 2 version of The Northeast Corridor Route maybe they can due the New York- Philadelphia Section of the Route and have a Mixture of Amtrak and NJ Transit Passenger trains along with some Freight Trains.