Class 56 Ntp Or Tvl.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by david5150, Apr 20, 2021.

1. david5150

david5150 Well-Known Member

I know this has been suggested before but it’s been a workhorse of UK freight for many years and some are still going strong. Let’s see the Class 56 on TVL or NTP please instead of recycled 47s or 40’s. Maybe some authentic sector livery too instead of safe BR Blue

• Like Like x 4
  2. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Grids on TVL would be fantastic.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

As much as TVL would be great, I'm not sure if there's any more services they could add, it'd be much more at home on NTP to bring some much needed coal traffic. There's no pits on TVL and I believe a lot of the 56's work was taking coal from the pits along the Durham Coast Line (Murton and Easington in particular) to Tyne Dock (for export) or power stations in Northumberland. Having said that, if it is for NTP and they substitute it onto the existing coal services on TVL, I'd 100% be down for that.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

There is a flow on the Tees Valley which hasn't been done yet and that's the potash traffic from Boulby mine. The line joins the Tees Valley at Saltburn junction and we've already used that in a class 20 scenario. I'm not sure where the potash ends up, it may go to the docks at Teesport, which isn't modelled, possibly via a reversal at Tees Yard. So, we could get a run from Saltburn to Tees Yard. It would at least give a bit more freight activity to that end of the line and if the 56 could substitute for the 37s and 20s on coal traffic, even better.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Clumsy Pacer

upload_2021-4-21_13-28-47.png
    yeah, I've been looking into this service, and assume it goes into this yard? All RTT and Railcam say is "Middlesbrough FHH" (FHH being Freightliner Heavy Haul), with reversal in Tees Yard and doesn't appear to go back through Middlesbrough station. Would be nice to see it but I don't think the 56s were used on it, from pictures I've seen it was Class 20s and 37s.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tonto62

I'm sure I've watched a cab ride on that train with a 56. I'll try to find it. Here it is, though not a cab ride.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Jpantera

Jpantera Well-Known Member

I think they run round in Tees and form a service to Tees Dock going back towards the way they came (First junction after the Whitby line branches off) . I think all the sidings are in the TVL map for the unloading? The Trains at the Saltburn end would have to spawn on the branch from Boulby. 56 Would be ok for the coal stuff more but did work up to Boulby.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Clumsy Pacer

Huh. Suppose EWS would've used whatever they could get their hands on.

9. Tonto62

The line down to Tees dock is indeed on the map but is inaccessible unfortunately. I think the best we could hope for would be a working as far as Tees Yard. Such a shame more branches weren't included as it would have added loads of potential for interesting workings.

• Like Like x 1
  10. david5150

david5150 Well-Known Member

Nice to see this has sparked interest. Thanks for your input guys. :)

11. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

56 would be nice if they ever did a route based around Knottingley as I've previously suggested.

• Like Like x 3