Donner Pass

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ScottN, Apr 21, 2021.

1. ScottN

ScottN Active Member

I would like to see Donner Pass from Truckee to Colfax. I’m ok with either Union Pacific or Southern Pacific. Driving up hill in snowy conditions can be challenging and going down hill too.

• Like Like x 2
  2. aarontheloner

aarontheloner Active Member

Would prefer SP. Love defunct lines.

3. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

I don't know, most people will look at Donner Pass and call it SPG 2.0. Also, why did you pick Truckee to Colfax? There isn't much to do besides A-B runs outside of the one baloon track. If DTG was to include it, it would have to have either the yard in Roseville or the yard in Sparks.

• Like Like x 1
  4. steammaster4449

steammaster4449 Well-Known Member

If it's set in the modern era. One could have it set in the steam era for the challenge of tackling those grades in a steamer, and having to manage everything to keep it in order and beat the gradient.
    I forget how long the Donner Pass route in TS20XX is, but surely the Roseville to Sparks run could be recreated in TSW2, or am I thinking to big for TSW2's current capabilities?

5. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Going off of miles from the current California Zephyr, about 137 miles, not counting the line split around Auburn, Summit, or the entirety of Roseville Yard.

Even Roseville to Truckee would be a stretch (About 99 miles)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

The TS1 version of Donner Pass (Between Roseville and Sparks) is over 140 miles. That's twice (or three times) as long as any other routes that has been made in TSW.
    As much I would like to see it in TSW2. But seeing as gameplay is a crucial element to this, not many people would like to drive for an hour or 2 through the mountain grade without being bored to death. Whether it sets in the modern or the steam era.

• Like Like x 1
  7. evanhinkle1

evanhinkle1 New Member

I would love to see this route as well there is a lot of speed control and especially during the winter working with the rotary plow.