Route Suggestion - Stourbridge Town Branch

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by hoagy, Apr 21, 2021.

1. hoagy

hoagy Member

Class 139 PPM on the Stourbridge Town Branch.

(jk)

• Like Like x 3
  2. Rybnicki

Rybnicki Well-Known Member

Lmao, I was ready to mock this, well played

3. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

4. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Apparently Rivet have shown an interest...

In all seriousness, the western end of the Snow Hill lines maybe even down to Worcester would be great in TSW and complement the Cross City in TS1.

• Like Like x 1
  5. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

The Snow Hill lines would be very welcome.

The Stourbridge Town branch set in the 1950's would actually be quite an interesting little route with the regular freight traffic down to the long since disappeared goods yard. My house would probably feature in it.

There are lots of lost lines around the Stourbridge and Dudley area which it would be good to see recreated, the line to Dudley from Stourbridge, the Bumble Hole branch, the Halesowen branch.

The West Midlands area, for reason does not seem to be a popular part of the country for train simming projects.

6. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

There's great scope for a period Weardale and Teesdale type network DLC for the area but I'd be happy to see Worcester to Birmingham- preferably to New Street which the trains ran to when I lived in Stourbridge and this was all fields.

Well what has the West Midlands contributed to railway history really? Well there was the first railway that was actually called a railway. And Foster Rastrick. But apart from that...

(Great Canal Journeys was a bit of a bust wasn't interested?)

• Like Like x 1
  7. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Well quite.

It is strange seeing photos of Stourbridge Junction with fields around it where housing now stands. The area behind the station around Oldswinford church still feels a little rural but the amount of housing which sprung up 1960's onwards is on quite a scale. They are trying to build even more on the greenbelt but people are starting to wake up and object to it anyway I have gone OT.

Stourbridge was quite a major local rail centre with lots of sidings, the engine shed and a four platform junction station so would make a great period project.

8. rhyttik

rhyttik Active Member

I wouldn't buy this rotue its too short

9. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

One of the better BVE routes was the fictional West Midlands Network. I know DTG don’t do fictional or fantasy but I always thought that would be a great project for a medium where you can keep the timetable going.

10. hoagy

hoagy Member

There is actually some lines in that area I'd love to see, e.g. the route into Brum that includes the Lickey Incline, it'd be great to have some scenerios where we can operate the banker loco(s).