The Saluda Grade

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by grandelkrailfan193, Oct 8, 2020.

1. grandelkrailfan193

grandelkrailfan193 New Member

Nestled In the wilderness of Southwest North Carolina, sits one of the Southern Railway/Norfolk Southern's Famous lines, Saluda, the most steepest Mainline grade in North America, sadly it doesn't operate currently, but it hasn't really changed since 2001 when the last trains went down, you see Saluda, is/was a Challenge in real life for even the best Engineers, of course, no other developers have made Saluda, and since TSW's mechanics are pretty much spot on, i think i might as well put this here, voicing my own opinion on the date, 2001 is fine, but i could really go for a mix of NS/SOU power but that would be in the 80s, i hope just because it's not operating currently doesn't mean it can't make it in, besides it's partially preserving history, in case NS doesn't bring back the line or sell it. None of these images i own, and if any of the owners request for them to be taken down i'm fine with that. maxresdefault.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 9
  2. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

This would be an absolutely stunning and challenging route to have. If DTG made it, it would be an instant buy for me.

• Like Like x 1
  3. evanhinkle1

evanhinkle1 New Member

This would be an awesome route and it would be an absolute beast for people to run at greater than 4% Grade, especially downhill were the speed limit is 8 miles per hour to avoid the runaway track, you can go almost twice that in the rail yards, so I would probably not recommend this for beginners.

• Like Like x 1
  4. csxfan#8403

csxfan#8403 Active Member

This would be an amazing route, along with the Blue Ridge, Christiansburg, Whitethorne, Hagerstown, Pocahontas/Williamson Districts. And the Rathole as well. Which is just as hilly.

en.m.wikipedia.org › wiki › Cincinn...
    Cincinnati, New Orleans and Texas Pacific Railway - Wikipedia

5. csxfan#8403

csxfan#8403 Active Member

This is a route for professionals only. No beginners allowed. Pushers included.

Last edited: May 12, 2021
  6. just been released and its pro range

7. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

This is train sim world, not train sim classic. Also bumped a 2 year old thread with a comment that has nothing to do with it since it was released in a different title.

8. pugilist3

pugilist3 Active Member

Would love to run this route in TSW!