PlayStation Br 101 Physique

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Amax, Apr 23, 2021.

1. Amax

Amax Active Member

hello I find that the br 101 a problem on the physics is good but no more I watch a video of ts ts for comparison and I put the same power of the electric brake as the video and in the video it was 150 km / h and it took 5 notches in 20 seconds it went to 110 km / h I did the same thing as I was at 150 and my speed dropped in 20 seconds 140-130 my question physics will be improved sorry for my bad english

2. Maik Goltz

Maik Goltz Well-Known Member

Simple answer: the e-brake on the TS1 version is twice as strong as it should be. It is more correct in the TSW version.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Amax

Amax Active Member

how its more correct I did not understand and seen that you have made the pyhsique want to give a note of 1/10 on the phsique

4. Larwan

Larwan Member

This game is a Simulator right? The goal is as real as possible. So the breaks are more realistic in TSW 2 than in the old TS. That is a good thing. I have no Problems with the breaks. Mayby you have to "learn" to drive the train.:)

5. Amax

Amax Active Member

the train I know it by heart but my question was why I did not have the same feeling of the electric brake on ts and tsw

6. Larwan

Larwan Member

Because TS did the breaks wrong.

7. Amax

Amax Active Member

Je ne comprends tout simplement pas que le frein électrique ne semble pas trop lourd pour une loco de 8500 ch mais maintenant je sais que la phsique est bonne encore merci! :)

8. Amax

Amax Active Member

just one last question: German drivers use pneumatique brake a lot?

9. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Most of the time. Blended braking is the way to go in Germany. You‘ll notice that operating the train brake operates the electric brake simultaneously.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Amax

Amax Active Member

Thank you !

11. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

Based on very little experience so far (because I can't get the Introduction to work), I can say that the physics of the DB BR 101 feels very very good to me. It might well take some work to understand how to drive it well (and that is a very good thing).

The DB BR 101 might actually have the best physics of any loco/train in the game. I might get disappointed by my own estimations on this, but I have a feeling that I won't..., as soon as I can get past the Introduction.

• Like Like x 1
  12. cwf.green

cwf.green Well-Known Member

I would have to agree. I tested the BR101 against values calculated from UIC documents and showed my results in this thread. As you can see from that thread, the TSW2 BR101 behaves exactly as a real BR101 would (under optimal/nominal conditions) with regard to braking.

13. Amax

Amax Active Member

hey thanks for answering me you can send me the link

14. synthetic.angel

I have now done some more running in the DB BR 101, and yes, my initial estimation seems right (to me). The DB BR 101 is clearly the best loco/train in TSW so far. Apart from the perception of inertia and momentum under acceleration and braking, there seems to me to be much more to this simulation, with respect to track interaction/gradient, and how it affects the power/braking curves, and some of the onboard visual/audio systems (I might write more on this at a later date - some of it is quite subtle). It also looks really good. ;-)

It is a big shame, however, that very many people will be put off using this potentially excellent DLC by the critically broken Introduction/Training module (which applies to all user-platforms). And.... on PS4 the option to go HUDless with safety systems on has been completely stripped from users because of the broken 2x8 PZB light matrix. And as we know, these sorts of issues can take months to be recognised, and then years to fix.

Apart from fixing the above very serious issues, I'd personally like to see more standard features built in as well. For example, although you can select PZB modes "M" and "U", the PZB program that runs is always "O". I'd love to see this rectified so that people can experiment with light freight consists, or, in the very least, multiple loco unit consists, and variations on the coaching consist. This is the opportunity to really show what TSW can do in terms of simulation, if the flexibuility is made available. Otherwise, much of the potential will be wasted.

15. Lamplight

Might I ask how it‘s broken? It worked for me and I haven‘t seen anyone reporting this issue yet.

There are workarounds. Spawn on foot and take over the service or reload the loco by doing this: Move the free camera (classic controls or external keyboard required) far enough way so that you get a loading screen when switching to the cam in the cab.

When I select mode U or M, the correct lights go on. The HUD changes accordingly as well. I haven‘t actually run it in that mode yet, but are you absolutely sure it‘s broken?

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. synthetic.angel

The issue with the Introduction module is discussed at length here, with multiple reports impacting on many experienced players, across platforms:
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/db-br-101-stuck-in-tutorial.39176/

It's quite serious. This is the Tutorial. The fault occurs within the first five minutes of using the DLC, and it is game breaking.

Re PZB lights and your workaround - that sounds like you are saying that it is broken to me (and therefore needs to be fixed, preferably within the next twelve months), and you've also highlighted another bug (the loading screen appearing in the middle of camera changes in TSW 2, which is something that I had forgotten about, which needs to be fixed in core, as it is immersion breaking across all TSW 2 routes and DLCs).

But thanks - I will have another go at this (on Playstation) and see if I can get those PZB lights on for now by switching between controller schemes, although you really need the TSW 2 controller scheme on PS4 to take advantage of the zoom when going HUDless....... ;-)

Oooh, okay - that's interesting. I will have another go at it (on Playstation). I did try various things to get M and U initialised (including fully resetting the loco, etc.), but neither the HUD nor the loco simulation responded as expected (always has the blue 85 light for the "O" setting), and obviously the lighting cluster on the dashboard was dead (on Playstation). When running with the selector set to either M or U, the HUD (and loco simulation) responded with restrictions at 165/85/45 and not with 125/70/45 or 105/55/45, as you would expect.

Last edited: May 2, 2021
  17. synthetic.angel

Thanks for this - I have now got this temporary workaround to work on Playstation, and now have lights on the 2x8 PZB matrix. Thank you ever so much...! Hopefully this will get fixed very soon, as having to switch controller scheme twice and free cam to the next village at the start of the service is a bit of a pain, and anyone that doesn't know this workaround can't benefit from it. ;-)

After some tinkering, I have realised that the PZB isolation switch must be flicked before the O/M/U selection takes effect. (I had previously just shut the loco down, without re-setting the isolation switch...). The HUD and the train simulation for PZB then act accordingly - and the DB BR 101 happily runs in mode U, for example, applying brakes at 105kph. Which is great.... because maybe we will get to test it out on freight at some point....! Once again - many thanks for your help!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Lamplight

Glad I could help you, synthetic.angel. I hope the PZB lights get fixed soon as well. Even with an external keyboard, it‘s quite annoying :)

Just a minor correction, if you allow. It‘s not a bug - it‘s simply how games (all games, not just TSW) work. You‘ve moved the camera far enough way that the game had to „forget“ your train so that it can continue running. Only thing that can help here is better hardware and software that takes full advantage of it - it doesn‘t fit the definition of a bug.

19. synthetic.angel

I disagree. It didn't happen in TSW or TSW 2020.

If time is required to reload the scene (during gameplay), then a better solution (although still not ideal) would be to freeze frame the view that you are leaving, than to splash some random (advertising?) screen at you between camera changes. It's not a splash screen between level-loading (even though a tile-load is being demanded). To the player it is just a camera change. I have never seen this happen in any other game (in about 30 years).

It is certainly a bug (that should get fixed in core), in my opinion (or just a bit of UE functionality that didn't come across from TSW). The first time I saw it happen was on a DevStream, and the reaction of the presenter was one of being quite jarred and surprised by it. Even worse - it takes up memory having that spash screen standing by, which actually slows down the tile-load and the camera change (albeit by a small amount).

But this isn't an issue with the DB BR 101. The issue with the DB BR 101 is that it needs to be told to fully load in on Playstation, when the module is intialised, so that the PZB 2x8 matrix can light up without using a free camera zoom out to Munich. ;-)