Greenbriar 7

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by rat7_mobile, Apr 18, 2021.

1. breblimator

breblimator Guest

OK, no problem, I was curious too :) sorry for being malicious. BR / hope DTG will fix it

2. rat7_mobile

rat7_mobile Well-Known Member

I know I am peculiar, but that is they way I am, things have to be done in order

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

You know you are peculiar, so you shouldn't be shocked knowing the game is not designed around your peculiarities.

If you want to do things in an order that's fine, but it's not a problem with the game.

4. rat7_mobile

Well it is a problem with the game if the scenario can not be done though

5. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Not true.

6. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

The OP obviously wants to approach the game in a certain way and that's his prerogative. We tried to help, but now I think we're just barking at the moon. Let it go.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

Everyone has given you help and advice and you ignore it the layout of the menu has no relevance in what order you do things no one goes on a new route and goes I can't go on livery editor as I have to complete all the services in timetable mode to go on it. Journey mode is not mandatory really I just avoid it and prefer timetable there is literally no difference than the 2 other than on timetable you can set the weather and journey its pre set.

8. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

That’s a list that gives you a choice. It is not a list that needs following in a specific order like a set of instructions. That’s the same with everything you get to from those choices, they don’t have to be done in order unless you want to of course. But if something isn’t working you have to miss it out for now. Give yourself a chance to enjoy the rest of the game and miss out the scenarios that don’t work, even if it feels wrong to do so. It’s the same advice anyone would give you and we are trying to help. When that scenario is fixed you can go back to it to make the list complete. Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  9. space_ace96

space_ace96 Active Member

Greenbriar turn is only one of several different turns. There are also manifest runs and other services to do. By strictly following the journey, you are missing the Nora turn and the Moss turn and several other runs. If you turn off autoload journeys, you are allowed to play whichever journey you want in any order. Or you can go to explore and pick any service. Every part of the journeys can be found in the explore section; journeys just gives a sampling platter for people who don't really know how to pick a service or scenario. If you feel you MUST experience Greebriar part 7, just spawn in on foot at the time and location it is scheduled to start and either sit in the cab next to the AI engineer or go sit in the caboose. Then when you get past where you've gotten stuck before, take over. One thing you will notice if you do this is the AI couples and uncouples and flips switches instantly, faster than you could ever do it doing it the way you insist on doing it because of the tight timetable. DTG specifically made these services run on a very tight timetable so that you can just run into the next one when you are done if you want to by staying in the drivers seat. In other routes, you may have to sit 10 or more minutes before the next service starts. If you insist on getting out and doing everything by hand rather than with cameras, you will constantly run late and get into conflicts with other trains like the one you brought here. There are many things wrong with CRR, but if you completely abandon it due to your inflexibility, that's kind on you and you're denying yourself a lot of potential enjoyment from other parts of the route. I haven't gotten to them yet, but I hear Moss turn is even more exciting and challenging than Greenbriar.

10. rat7_mobile

Well you are saying to spawn on foot at the time and place it start, I am not even sure it can be done while in a journey, well all I know is it is somewhere on the crinchfield track, but I have no idea where that is,and the map is useless as there is no reference of any kind on it, lke river, lake, etc....

And again you are saying not to do the run but to sit it out, so again it can not be completed if I am not driving it

11. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

Omg OK just skip that one journey which has a problem for the time being and go on to the one after it what's so hard to do that you can come back to it once it's patched

12. space_ace96

I don't get how you can be that stubborn. Every thing that is in the journey can be done outside of it as well. Journeys are simply a selection of the stuff in the route and you can do everything in it and more by not going through the journey. If you only do the journey, you will miss a lot of content. So since your problem is with Greenbriar Turn Part 7, back out of the journey, click "Explore". Click "Services". Pick the F7. Click Greenbriar Turn Part 7. On the little chart of the route, it will tell you where it starts. Remember that location as well as the time. Back out to explore. Click Start on foot. Set your start location to the one you remembered from the services menu and your start time to a few minutes before the time that service starts. When the train arrives, get in and wait in the cab until the AI driver gets to the point where you got stuck. Once he makes it past that part, take over from him. You CANNOT do this from the journeys because the journeys make you go back to the menu at the end of a service and don't let you let AI take over. Service mode is better because you can let AI do difficult parts for you, you can just ride the train, and when you are done, you can continue to the next part of the turn without going back to the menu. You can even pick your own season and weather. I don't know why you so stubbornly insist on doing it through the journey and the journey alone. This behavior is exactly why some of us think the journeys were a bad idea.

13. rat7_mobile

To me the Exploere as no meaning, and avoid going into the explore as much as possible (I go to only if absolutely needed to get all the trophies)
    The Journey is the only part for me that is worth doing, there is nothing and I mean absolutely nothing appealing to Explore, and when on foot, I can never get to dirve the train, all I can get to do is ride as a passenger or walk one the track

14. space_ace96

You can drive a train in spawn on foot. You just need to know the timetable to known when one will show up. What the journey doesn't show you is that TSW2 has a full interactive timetable throughout the day. That means if you finish a service in explore, you can drive that service in the other direction, or drive it to the yard. You can ride a train as a passenger then drive it in the other direction or even take it over. What everyone here is trying to explain to you is that journey is such a small part of the game, and by limiting yourself to only doing scenarios and services in the journey, you are missing out on so much of the game, and it's one of the reasons you probably will never get past Greenbriar Turn part 7. If you only do journeys, you won't be able to experience some seasons and weather conditions. Haupstrecke Munchen Augsburg has maybe 20-40 activities in its journey, but that's only a fraction of the 400 something services you can do with all layers enabled. In fact, the journey won't allow you to use any of those layers yourself. If you have RRO, HRR, or MSB for example, you will never get to use any of those trains to do the freight or regional services on HMA using any of those locos because they aren't in the journey. If you have the East Coastway route, you will never get to experience bringing a train out of the yard and running it empty to Seaford because that is not included in the journey. The journey is simply there for people too overwhelmed by the massive amount of things you can do in Explore to choose so it chooses for them until they know what's what. It's not meant for you to stay there. You say explore has no meaning, but Imo TSW would be so boring without explore. I find enjoyment in being able to simulate a full driving shift by doing back to back services on Peninsula Corridor without ever going back to the menus, or taking a break to commute as a passenger to another station. I also like walking around and exploring the stations with no train to be responsible for. Most people like TSW because the timetable mode lets you see the bigger picture. The bigger picture you insist on missing. I'm gonna say it again. EVERYTHING YOU CAN DO IN JOURNEY, YOU CAN DO ALONG WITH A WHOLE LOT MORE IN EXPLORE. I'm done. This is an exercise in frustration. There is no way to help you with Greenbriar without you doing any of the things we've suggested and you've shut down because they aren't the way you insist on doing it.

15. rat7_mobile

I do agree with the you the journey could be longer, however the weather and season, or not even worth being called a joke, they are not even close to be making it beleivable
    400 time the same thing is not much of a chalange, like the last train taht came out, the only thing that is different from other german train is the passenger wagon, and as I have already done all the trophies, one day I will finish the Journey for this train
    What is the difference between driving the train to seaforth full or empty, it is still the same controls
    And so far beside the Journeys, I have not found many run that offer some different, not even any red light

You have a some kind of odified version of the game, as except from Journey (and only a few one), I never was able to drive in the other direction after a runas you are being send back to the menu at the end of any run

16. space_ace96

To continue after a run, you have to click the option in the screen that shows your performance that says continue or something like that. You'll only be able to go back the opposite direction with the same train on a route where the train terminates at the end of the route, for example both stations in Peninsula Corridor, London Paddington in Great Western, Munich on HMA, etc. If the train goes off map afterwards, you'll just be told to get off the train.

17. BladesAndRazors

BladesAndRazors Member

So i'm there too now.

I guess the scenario is clearly designed before cabooses exist...
    Is there a bug tracker ticket already made?

18. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

The scenario works fine if you work fast. Yes, the dispatcher still needs to be fixed, because it handles the situation incorrectly; but the service is playable if you don't dawdle, and get your caboose off the main line before the through train shows up.

19. rat7_mobile

The Clinchfield, I will revisit it soon, as I believe I saw there was some kind of update or fix to it not too long ago, so I will try once again to do it, and finish the Journey, if not well this trainset will be on hold like the California one, that the Journey can not be completed as one run in the Journey is not possible to be completed

Speaking of the Journey, and I mean in all the trainset, is it possible to reset it, so it will be doable again