PC Tsw 2 Preserved Collection Sound Desaster

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Ost-Trieb, Oct 2, 2020.

1. Ost-Trieb

Ost-Trieb Member

You see the BR 146, 185, 182 and the Talent 2 from Rapid Transit.
    First you see TSW then TSW 2.
    Also you can hear the Soundbug in the BR 185 and 182 when you stand up in the loco.

• Like Like x 22
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Yeah. We have to wait a while for this to change :(

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jinoss17

Jinoss17 Well-Known Member

Honestly that's appaling. Sounds are a complete mess. From my point of view I would like maybe less content but more quality content.

• Like Like x 10
  4. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Soundbug? Losing occlusion in the cab?

5. breblimator

breblimator Guest

In my case, the volume changes drastically.

6. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

You mean you can hear the outside audio when stood up?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ost-Trieb

Ost-Trieb Member

i dont know what this sound is. for me sounds like coal loading.

• Like Like x 1
  8. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Something like that and that too :) Broken for sure. But the 143 is TOP1 in this little challenge...

9. Maverick_ng

Maverick_ng Active Member

That happens also inside the BR422 and I bet it can also be inside the BR425 (standing inside the train plays the outside sounds but when you sit, then it normalizes

• Like Like x 2
  10. cwf.green

cwf.green Well-Known Member

I have to say, seeing the videos with cab sway turned on makes it look very "arcade-y". A person couldn't stand* inside the cab at line speed without getting knocked off their feet :D

I also have to concur that the news sounds are atrocious, the old ones weren't great (no offense, compare to this video for example), but much better than this new "synthesizer" sound. I have no idea why they had to change.

EDIT: Couldn't stand*

Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  11. defiance134

defiance134 New Member

Omg that is a horrible sound you can see that dtg arent gonna make future money at this rate if stuff like dlc and base game is gonna be a massive mess.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

On the PS4, the sound on the BR 146 is interrupted regularly. It can't be listened to. Translated by translator.

13. Bob12212

Bob12212 Well-Known Member

There are sound issues on all preserved collection. Engine sounds disappear on Caltrain. Class 20 and 31 are too quiet, and the 31 has almost no sound at idle. Also, if you move the camera a short distance from the engine, the sound disappears. On LIRR, the sounds get quieter with the window open.......

There are many many more.

Their excuse is, they want to get all the preserved collection out first.....why not sort problems out first, I'm sure majority of people would be happy to wait for the sound issues to be worked on. From what I've seen on here, lots of people have stopped playing the preserved stuff on TSW 2 anyway due to the issues.

Even if they had stuck to the original plan of "preserving them exactly as they were before" this still wouldn't be the case, because they have more issues now than in TSW 2020.

But, I'm sure DTG know best :|

Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

Yes, there are many sound problems, but with the BR 146 it's extremely bad. I'd rather play TSW2020.

15. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

That top speed howling of the 146 is really annoying... Thank you for the comparison. Did not play 2020 for a while and did not remember the sounds that well to compare.

• Like Like x 1
  16. ildario77

ildario77 Well-Known Member

On Rapid Transit, you can hear the rain sound even in underground stations ..

• Like Like x 2
  17. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Same on LIRR in the tunnels.

18. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

Every preserved route has severe sound problems. Something's not right with the audio mix and the volume levels of the different sounds, noises. On some routes, even if you pull the window down, the sound doesn't change and you can't hear the outside noises. In tunnels there's no reverb at all, this applies to all routes I've tried. All of the routes require a thorough rework in this regard.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Jezame

Jezame Member

When comparing the sound in the DB 146 on Train Sim World 2020 and Train Sim World 2 it is like the track sounds are really quiet as well in the cab, you get no rumble from the tracks or the noise of going over junctions.

• Like Like x 1
  20. bowie87

bowie87 Member

Same problem with the BR 182. In TSW 2020 the sounds from outside are almost too loud IMO. But in TSW there are no track or wind sounds at all in the cab view. What a mess. Glad I only paid 6 Euros.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
  21. 2martens

2martens Well-Known Member

I only got to TSW with TSW 2 and it is really a shame that months after release, these sound problems still persist. The route is sold at the same price of Munich-Augsburg. That alone wouldn't be a problem but I expect proper sound and so far the preserved collection locos don't have the same quality they apparently had in TSW 2020.

22. Link

Link Active Member

Hello everybody,
    is there anything new to the sound problems?

I think the BR143, BR146 and BR185.2 are still unplayable!
    In the driver's cab you feel like you are in a soundproof room.
    With TSW 1 and TS2021 the sound of the mentioned locomotives is flawless, but with TSW2 a disaster! :mad:

I hope that the BR112, which will be released soon, will at least also fix the sound of the BR143.

• Like Like x 1
  23. mclitke

It is confirmed so far that work has been done to improve the sounds of the Lirr M3 and M7, 182, 1442, 145 and 185.
    We don't know when these fixes will be released and how they sound. They could also come back on their work table if the beta team decides that they still do not sound good.

24. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

The sounds are the same across all platforms and not just pc

25. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

We know everyone does but you have to choose a flair so

26. Coastway trainspotter

What do you mean ?

27. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

When creating a technical thread you have to select a label to state what platform you're on. Unfortunately there isn't one for "this bug is broken across-the-board"

28. Coastway trainspotter

I wish there was a label which was ‘all platforms’ , but I try to be helpful and tell anyone unaware if it is on all platforms . Sorry if I caused any sort of problem

• Like Like x 1
  29. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

Personally I'd keep doing it. I think it's helpful to let DTG know that the issue is across all platforms.

• Like Like x 1
  30. kosti.nuuja

kosti.nuuja Well-Known Member

Fixes are coming! Keep on waiting. Short time to go.

• Like Like x 1
  31. dbrunner#4864

dbrunner#4864 Well-Known Member

For people that also have TSW2020 play those routes there. That's what I do untill they fix preserved collection on TSW2 to. I just tried a run with BR 145 again and not only that there was a weird fan sound that blew my ears out in the cab but also there is no wheel's running sound or track joint sound when going over switches. All oke in TSW 2020.
    This was on pc btw

32. 2martens

2martens Well-Known Member

The point is that there are an increasing number of people (like me) who only have TSW2 and bought these routes and locos for the same price as new TSW2 routes/locos are sold at. But the quality is lower than that. The preserved team is great but they can only do so much. A general quality uplift would be required to make these locos at least as good as they were in TSW2020.

• Like Like x 1
  33. dbrunner#4864

dbrunner#4864 Well-Known Member

I can understand the frustration for people that only have TSW2 and bought the preserved routes at full price. And the routes themselves are quite good but the sound is the major issues. Since the sound was done properly for NTP and GWE even enhancing the original TSW2020 sounds in TSW2 there is no reason not to expect same quality for the German stock. I hope this will be made highest priority because you cannot drive a loco that sounds like a broken vacuum cleaner.

• Like Like x 1
  34. mclitke

I feel you. I bought the DLC back in TSW2020 and trust me, it pains just as much knowing how the locos sounded before and being stuck with this mess right now. Bright side is, that the preservation crew is actively working on these issues. LIRR and RT are done, and MSB sounds will be done in the first pass as well. Plus adding new features and bugfixes, should be a decent enough quality uplift to the trains and routes of old. It is however unfortunate that the progress for the release of said patches takes this long, so patience is all that is left at this point...

• Like Like x 2
  35. loeffler.marcel

loeffler.marcel Member

Hello everyone,

could it be that the sounds of some wagons also are broken?!
    I have often the problem i can hear the first wagon sounds, the next wagons are silent, affected wagons are the tank wagon (Zacns) and the car transport wagons (Laaers)..

Have someone the same issues?

Greetings

• Like Like x 3
  36. mclitke

Yeah I noticed that as well. Some wagons in a consist are silent.

• Like Like x 1
  37. maxipolo12

maxipolo12 Well-Known Member

2 years after the bug ist still here
    DTG Alex ??? you told us you have a look on the category "technical reports" today ???

we can hear rain in underground stations.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2022
  38. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

This needs to be fixed, sound is such a major issue in TSW3 :(

DTG Matt
    DTG JD

• Like Like x 1
  39. martschuffing

martschuffing Well-Known Member

40. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

Fixes are coming? Who said that?

41. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

I think it's supposed to be a joke. Unless dtg overhauls audio, I don't think sounds will improve any time soon.

42. MatsH

MatsH Active Member

So where are we now?
    2+ years since the release of TSW 2? The update that broke a lot of the german sounds.
    And the Preservation Crew have now been, if not disbanded, at least renamed and retasked with other things.
    I think it's safe to say that fixes aren't coming.

I must say that I feel disapointed. Not with TSW 3 which I think is a really great game. A lot better than TSW 2, which in turn was a big improvement over TSW 2020. Not even with DTG to be honest. They are a company like all other companies. I'm mostly disapointed with myself. For being so stupid as to believe fixes were actually on the way. For watching two years worth of Roadmap streams, hoping for an update. For patiently waiting for something that never happend in the end.

I have never asked for new or improved soundsets. I actually think that sound overall is really good in TSW. And we always get a chance to hear it in preview streams so we can decide for ourselves if we want to buy a specific DLC or not.

All I ever asked was for sounds that were broken in an update 2+ years ago to be put right again.
    Who would have guessed that was asking too much :|

Last edited: Nov 4, 2022
  43. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

My guess is that they either aren't able to or won't do it since they've moved on and working on other stuff. It's frustrating having to buy the new product just to have better sounds and physics. At the end of the day, this takes time, effort, people, whether it's really important to them or not cuz there's more things that are higher priority to them. The locomotives would have to be remade to some extent cuz some are just too old now. Like how the 442 from ska can't be ported to the 1442 on rt. The 1442 was very outdated that it would have required a rebuild of the entire locomotive just to improve the sound so they didn't do it. Physics would have to be updated so it doesnt sound weird which means the timetable would have to be rebuilt. The m7 did get new sounds but it sounded weird cuz of the physics differences.