PlayStation Train Sim World 2: Big Update Improvements

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Mattty May, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

A list of improvements I’d like to see in the next major update to TSW 2 later in the year...
    1. Larger font sizes in the UI, particularly the distance to next objective in the upper left of the screen.
    2. Added controller functionality using a button as a shift key on consoles. I’ve submitted several suggestions about how this could work as an extra controller layout for those that would like to use it.
    3. More external camera options, activated through use of the aforementioned shift button, on consoles.
    4. Being able to take photos from inside the cab.
    5. A better, more informative, interactive map.
    6. The ability to zoom in further on the map, so that points very close together are easier to interact with. This can be combined with a less sensitive cursor movement for more precise control.
    7. A reorganised route selection menu, first sorted by country, then route in alphabetical order.
    8. Better lighting, especially at night.
    9. The option to add two or three upcoming speed and signal aspects to the HUD. Useful for route learning purposes. This option can be disabled to return us to what we have now.
    10. Notched zooming whilst sat in the cab, so you can zoom to the precise level you’d like. Using the control stick on a PS4/PS5 controller, it is difficult to precisely set your preferred zoom level.
    11. A better HUD speedometer interface, which more accurately replicated the speedometer in each individual train.
    12. A better incline icon, which more accurately reflects the trains direction of travel.
    13. Sparks added to third rail/catenary/pantograph equipment.
    14. AI Horns.
    What improvements would other players like to see? If I think of anymore, I’ll add them in an additional post to this thread.

matjamca :)

• Like Like x 16
  2. Mainstay

Mainstay New Member

1. Improve quality of the map now its very poor
    2. Drawdistance on PS5 is not enough so extend please

• Like Like x 2
  3. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

the draw distances are the same I believe as ps4 as they haven't made the games enhanced for the next gen consoles

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Pressing down on the D-Pad (PS4/Xbox) turns on the Master Key or Inserts the Reverser in all appropriate trains (like it does currently in SEHS).

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. rightontrack#2720

rightontrack#2720 Active Member

1) Allow players to create custom liveries for ALL trains, not just select ones. Also allow us to share liveries that others can download and use themselves.

2) More UK routes & preserved railways. Would like to see Barry Island to Merthyr Tydfil or Swansea to Newport for South Wales. Appropriate stock as well like class 150s, 153s, 142s, 158s and 170s.

3) Multiplayer! Have multiple players performing different services on the same route, maybe even have 2 players per train (one driver, one guard)

• Like Like x 2
  6. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

I see you're new to this forum, so my reply is meant just for your information. I'm not going to argue.
    1) This was denied by DTG with regard to the signed licences.
    3) There was a poll on this topic some time ago and the majority of TSW users who participated voted against it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

also with 1 they are slowly getting everything preserved collection to have livery designer which is shown on the roadmap

8. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I don’t like that one bit. It makes it so easy to turn the train off when you only want to change the position of the reverser, which is a right pain on the 395 with its initiation sequence. Button prompts have stopped coming up on the right side of the HUD for the reverser as well, which makes the issue of it being combined with other controls even worse. Having more than one control mapped to the same key is a bad idea. Some ‘improvements’ are not improvements at all when you actually see issues they can cause. This is a prime example and I’m dead set against it being implemented on other trains. It is no issue to do the master key manually or use the keyboard shortcut if you have a keyboard, it doesn’t need to be on the controller. I find myself having to set the reverser manually on the 395 due to this double mapping complicating matters, meaning the d-pad control has actually been taken away for me. The same issue with the reverser and gears double mapped on the Class 101. Even Matt, who said he liked it, made a right pig’s ear of using it on a live stream the other week.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’ve never experienced an issue on the 395 personally. Once I’ve set the reverser to forward, I never touch it again. It’s not needed for the power change over as instructed. I do everything possible to avoid the BR Class 101, but realise the controls are a problem for that train.

• Like Like x 2
  10. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

It's not a question of "allowing it" or "select trains," but a reflection of the fact that TSW1/2020 didn't have the Livery Designer, so the rolling stock made back then isn't compatible with it. The Preserved Collection team are, one route at a time, adding that functionality to the older rolling stock.

• Like Like x 1
  11. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

At the moment, we only see the upcoming signal light. I'd like the see the addition of the one directly after that (so we can see both). On German routes especially, I've powered through a green signal only to SPaD a several hundred metres down the track coz the next light is red.

• Like Like x 2
  12. sukihersch

sukihersch Member

(ok the numbering has changed automatically lol) Yeah I really don't see what would be difficult to program to allow fullly customisable button configurations? Surely there's already an interface that changes a button-press into a game command, so why not let the user determine which buttons correspond to which commands? The most similar game I've played before this is Elite, which allows this; in terms of the second point it would be useful to be able to switch between "driver mode" and "camera mode" when using the immersive controls (which is possible with the 'classic' controls) so that you can use both sticks and triggers etc. to move the camera around - vertical strafe and zoom (i.e. change camera focal length) are really missing (this feature is also present in Elite ;))

• Like Like x 1
  13. sukihersch

sukihersch Member

Another suggestion that I think would be easy to implement is the ability to lean left/right when seated - of course you'd need to test nothing weird happens but it's simply a matter of moving the camera position

• Like Like x 1
  14. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

If another preserved railway were to make an appearance I would not be opposed to it being the NYM Railway from Pickering to Whitby with its steep inclines and challenging bends.

As for UK main lines then the West Coast main line going through Cumbria and Scotland’s border region is a no brainier for me.

Oh and we really do need a Pendolino train to drive on a UK route.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

Scenario planner improvements
    • Add an option to allow trains to make return trips - I will use LIRR as an example. Let's say I set up my a.i. train from Hicksville, and then it arrives at NY Penn at platform 19. I want that same train to leave NY Penn in 10 minutes to Hicksville. Since a.i. trains can't go through the portal, mind as well have the trains keep doing return trips. I would send some trains to the yard for an hour and then back into service.
    • Make all platforms available - not all platforms are available on many routes.
    • Increase start/end points at yards - I for one like starting my service from the yard.
    • Get rid of game end session after reaching your final destination
    • Make the player's train be taking over by a.i.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Improve the stop marker locations so they are not as close to signals as they currently are in the game.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Much improved track sounds.

Hearing heavy freight trains go past on HRR as if wearing slippers on carpet is no fun.

18. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

If the suggested controller improvements can’t be made, introducing a shift button. Give us fully mappable button controls, including the option of allowing a shift button, so we can design our own controller configuration for the controls we think are most important.

• Like Like x 3
  19. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

That's an Idea ;)

• Like Like x 1