Spg Scenario Powering America Pt1

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by roysto25, Apr 22, 2021.

1. roysto25

roysto25 Well-Known Member

Apologies if this has come up before - didn't find a thread - This scenario ends with 'taking loco off line and walking to the pickup'. Only problem is the pickup is the other side of a fence - how to get there?

2. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Actually you just walk to the marker nearby

3. roysto25

There was no marker - walked back and forth, nothing - guess I will have to repeat and rinse!

4. raretrack

raretrack Well-Known Member

Did you follow all of the loco shutdown instructions in order, before you left the loco? If you didn't, you won't have triggered the final 'walk to here' objective marker.

5. roysto25

As far as I remember, I did. Have not yet got around to re-running to check.

6. roysto25

I have now run this scenario multiple times. It is not difficult to run through each stage of the instructions successfully, but it is impossible to actually complete the scenario, because every time the sequence of instructions freezes at the instruction 'release independent brake and apply power'. Without the instructions sequencing, there is no completion, see attached. You will see from the image (note clock time) that the train is part way through coal loading, but the instruction has not sequenced. This must be maddening to the trophy hunters. Powering America Pt1.jpg

7. raretrack

raretrack Well-Known Member

It's possible, as many of us have completed it. I can't quite remember what I did now, but I think it was a combination of applying the train brake and independent brake and bailing off in various permutations until the sim was happy!
    Not much help, I know, but it can be done.

8. Wodeburgh

Wodeburgh New Member

I have re-run this scenario, and can confirm that what worked a few weeks ago for me is now glitchy. I got it to work 5 out of 12 times. At least it is the beginning of the scenario so if the releasing of the brakes doesn't register, not much time has been spent retrying it to see if it does register.

Experimenting with this, I haven't yet come up with a consistent set of conditions where it registers. So far it has only worked when I have used the mouse on the independent brake, it hasn't worked yet when I have used the keyboard keys instead. When it works, I have had to apply and release the independent brakes 2 or more times before it registers. I also confirmed that the issue occurs starting this is as part of the journey as well as a scenario. Another trick is to put the train brake on while trying to get the independent brake release to register, so you aren't moving until the instructions are past this point.

• Like Like x 1
  9. roysto25

Well, so far I have not succeeded even when following your suggestion to apply and release the independent brake multiple times, or applying auto brake. I raised a ticket, was requested by DTG to provide a DX diagnositics file - did so and heard nothing further. Just now checked the ticket - it is closed and noted 'resolved'. I have asked DTG to explain the resolution - not holding my breath!

10. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

I made a video for another thread where I showed what worked consistently for me. TSW is always a bit finickey as far as instructions for putting levers in specific positions go.

11. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I don't have a solution to offer, but I am wondering how you manage to get the activity instructions overlay to appear.

12. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

If you look closely the answer is in the screenshot. You can read " T Hide / Show " below the instructions.

• Like Like x 1