Station Announcements...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ntypeman, Apr 24, 2021.

1. ntypeman

ntypeman Well-Known Member

Are there any add ons that have station announcements in them... I find it strange that these are nowadays so commonplace yet you don't hear any in game...

Eric

2. andy.malcolm

andy.malcolm Active Member

3. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

The Scottish ECML from Just Trains has announcements, although it's just a stock set of announcements that loops after about 2 or 3 minutes - it also is not dependent on the scenario's actual timetable.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. steve.cunningham1980

steve.cunningham1980 Member

East Coast Main Line: York - Peterborough has station announcements. They are a generic loop type, but they do add an extra layer to the atmosphere.

5. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

This issue has been brought up for TSW and the response has been that copyright issues for station and on train announcements are a bit of a minefield.

I presume the same applies to TS2021, at least for “official” routes.

6. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

It may be partly that but also for TS1 without serious modifications to the game engine I don't think the game can handle making specific announcements tailored to the scenario.

7. DPSimulation

DPSimulation Active Member

I don't see why it cannot be done with event triggers, having a quick look at the blueprint editor suggests everything is there to achieve it. It's something i've never really looked at in detail though.

• Like Like x 1
  8. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

If you look at the Trains and Drivers Scenarios on JT some provide an on train announcement like "we are now approaching Balham".
    https://www.justtrains.net/product/trains-and-drivers-london-to-brighton-scenario-pack
    That is triggered by a Scenario Specific marker.
    They also have station sounds included with this pack but I don't have and have no idea what it is like

You could also have track markers which started the generic sounds playing as the train arrived in the station.
    The announcements could not have time references as it would be like an analogue clock that has stopped - it is only correct twice a day.

I have the SBB1 route which has background sounds at the larger stations but it is mainly voices and other sounds rather than announcement sounds

Peter

9. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

I don't know if it's exactly what you are looking fot but Frankfurt UBahn has station announcements, it has to be triggered by the player though

10. Peter Hayes

Peter Hayes Well-Known Member

TaD used to sell this and still available at the site below.
    Versystem-Sounddesign - SOUNDBOARD

11. BeenTrain

BeenTrain Member

A simple alternative:
    ThirdRails has spoken announcement for any route/scenario to be triggered by the user based on a loaded timetable.

You basically load a timetable, which you can make yourself, or extract from your scenario, or receive from a live timetable provider like RTT or DB.
    It uses the Windows Speech system so has several voices, and offers Next Stop, Approaching, Calling at and user provided announcements. It is like a layer on top of TS so no editting of scenario/route necessary. Currently supports Englisch, German and Dutch languages.

All can be done (triggered) by the user, using a kind of Ebula/GSM device form on top of TS.
    Demo here: