Braking Issue Class 166

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by FallenAngel00me, Apr 24, 2018.

1. FallenAngel00me

FallenAngel00me Well-Known Member

Hard to explain but after you take a service and complete it, then try to do the return journey, brake settings 1,2&3 don't work. You have to go all the way to 4 which is the emergency brakes.

Are you aware of this?

2. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

I always use the class 166 and i havent come accross this issue, whats the service number i will have a look later

3. FallenAngel00me

It happens when I compete a service directly from menu and then do the reverse back.

I don't know the service number

4. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Ive just done a service and didnt have an issue

5. FallenAngel00me

Do a service and then to the return service without changing train or going back to main menu

6. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

I have had this issue.
    Try switching cabs, drive a little bit, then stop, engine off position in reverser, master key out, then try driving back the right way again, fixed it for me.
    It is a bug I have come across

7. 410nick

410nick Member

I've had the opposite happen to me where I was doing a class 166 to old oak railyard. On the return to Paddington my train wouldn't go more than 25 miles an hour and the acceleration was increasing painfully slow as if direct brakes were applied. I shut the entire train off and reset everything. Waited for 2 minutes. Made sure the opposite cab was reset as well and nothing changed. It was frustrating as hell

8. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

It's not a bug.... It's incorrectly configuring the train when finishing the service.

9. Trainmania100

Would you be so kind as to explain the correct configuration when finishing a service for the benefit of solving this thread? It will be a big help. Thanks.

10. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Sorry for the delay in replying, been away for a few days. In the Class 166, you need to do the following.
    • Make sure the Reverser is put into the Engine Off position and the master key locked to this position.
    • Power handle needs to be placed in Level 3 Full service braking.
    • Make sure you turn off all alarms AWS, DPS and TPWSIS.
    If you leave the lever in a position that isn't correct or leave a train protection system running, the train will read the inputs from the opposite cab and you won't be able to go above 25 mph or brake properly as the inputs will contradict each other. If you've left a safety system running it will more often than not keep stopping the train as you will have two AWS alarms to deal with, and only one will sound in the cab you're driving in.

I have had this happen to me once before, the only way I could clear it, was to bring the train to a complete stop. Put the lever to Level 4 Emergency brakes. Turn the reverser to engine off, turn the train engine off. Leave for 3 minutes. Check both cabs were fully shut down, then reboot the engines and the train. Then I was able to resume full operations.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. Trainmania100

Thanks bryer