New French Routes

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Zgamer328, Apr 26, 2021.

1. Zgamer328

Zgamer328 New Member

I have some Route suggestions for TSW 2 here i will list them and their time to drive
    1. Arras to Lille 25 min.
    2. Lille to Brussels Midi 38mim
    3 Lille to Calais-Fréthun 30 min

• Like Like x 3
  2. Jo_Kim

Jo_Kim Well-Known Member

Add details

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ferrovipathe67

Ferrovipathe67 Well-Known Member

good luck for the licences for the clais fréthun to Lille I think a LGV from Lille to paris it's better

4. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

The 3rd suggestion Lille Europe Calais-Fréthun can be joined by a SEHS Extension HS1 Extension Ebbsfleet Calais-Fréthun via Channel Tunnel. The reason for this is very simple is that at Calais-Fréthun SNCF BB36000 BB37000 or DB BR185s with KVB VACMA are shunted off the freight train for a Class 92. Because BB36000-37000 & DB BR185 from RRO & MSB lack duplicated electrical systems which is required for channel tunnel therefore the only locomotive to have those are Class 92s. Lille Europe to Calais-Fréthun can be sold with SEHS as a bundle called London to Lille Europe High Speed route. Provided Southeast High Speed gets extended all the way to Calais-Fréthun via Channel Tunnel from Ebbsfleet.

5. thomastl59374

thomastl59374 Well-Known Member

I'd love to see a second french route, LGV MÉDITERRANÉE is a great route but it only has 3 stations and very little variety. DTG has only just scratched the surface and I hope they invest in France as much as they have for Germany and the UK.
    I think an inter-country route would also be great, getting to switch power modes and enable different safety systems such as Brussels Midi to Aachen taking about an hour on the ICE 11 service. Plus some services are run by SNCB requiring you to change trains.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Amax

Amax Active Member

suggestion not detail it is a refusal for me

7. Zgamer328

Zgamer328 New Member

Lille to paris is too long for dtg though so not likely

8. Commiee

Commiee Well-Known Member

I can hear the sound of the hammer coming down.

9. tibomatthijs

tibomatthijs Well-Known Member

I would like an French commuter train more then a LGV route, or both (like HMA,...) SNCF has some fun rolling stock that would be cool to have.

10. tibomatthijs

tibomatthijs Well-Known Member

Lille to Belgium would be amazing! But they need the licesing for it and they don't sadly enough

11. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

You mean the Belgian Railways abbreviation for it in Dutch language is NMBS in French SNCB. Also maintenance Depot has SNCB Class 55s with TVM-430 if players wanted another Drag Line Scenario.

12. elaineedwards2013

elaineedwards2013 Well-Known Member

Power Changes for the E300 (373) Eurostar:
    London St Pancras to Paris Gare Du Nord:
    1. HS~ 25Kv AC on British High Speed Lines (HS1) to EuroTunnel 25Kv AC (ET~).
    2. EuroTunnel 25Kv AC to Grande Vitesse 25Kv AC on French High Speed Lines (GV~).
    3. Grande Vitesse 25KV AC to 25Kv AC on French Standard Lines, passing through Lille. GV~ to F~
    4. F~ 25Kv AC on French Standard Lines to Grande Vitesse 25Kv AC (GV~).
    5. Grande Vitesse 25Kv AC to F~ 25Kv AC, Classic Line into Paris Gare Du Nord.

London St Pancras to Brussels Midi:
    1. HS~ 25Kv AC on British High Speed Lines (HS1) to EuroTunnel 25Kv AC (ET~).
    2. EuroTunnel 25Kv AC to Grande Vitesse 25Kv AC on French High Speed Lines (GV~).
    3. Grande Vitesse 25KV AC to 25Kv AC on French Standard Lines, passing through Lille. GV~ to F~
    4. F~ 25Kv AC on French Standard Lines to Grande Vitesse 25Kv AC (GV~).
    5. Grande Vitesse 25Kv AC to Belgium 3000V DC (B=) on Classic line into Brussels Midi.

Voltages:
    F= -
    French 1500V DC on French Classic Lines.

B=
    - Belgium 3000V DC on Classic Line in Brussels Midi.

F~
    - French 25Kv AC on French Standard Lines, passing though Lillie Europe and Classic Line into Paris Gare Du Nord.

GV~
    - Grande Vitesse 25Kv AC on French High Speed Lines (LGV Nord/Belgium High Speed Line 1).

ET~
    - EuroTunnel (Channel Tunnel) 25Kv AC.

BR=
    - British 750 DC Third Rail Supply (not used anymore).

HS~
    - British 25Kv AC on High Speed 1 (HS1).

BR~ - British 25Kv AC on Standard British Lines (used by Eurostar’s on ECML for GNER).

Signalling Systems:
    AWS/TPWS
    = High Speed 1.

KVB = French Classic Lines (Classic Line into/out of Paris Gare Du Nord), on approach to London St Pancras.

TVM = French High Speed Lines (LGV Nord and Belgium High Speed Line 1) and HS1.

TBL = Classic Line between Brussels Midi and Belgium High Speed Line 1 (HSL1), similar to AWS.

VACMA = Used throughout the whole journey, alerts (checks) the driver’s progress.

Note: This is if DTG can get the license for Eurostar

13. Zgamer328

Zgamer328 New Member

I am quite new to the DTG forums, thank you for your feedback.