Powerhouse Scenarios

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by inversnecky, Apr 25, 2021.

1. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

Armstrong Powerhouse are releasing scenarios using an application that scans your folder and checks your requirements. Being sold individually at 99p:

Scenarios Are Back! Introducing Powerhouse

For the past two years, we have been working on a new method of scenario distribution to replace our now discontinued scenario packs. Whilst these packs served their purpose at the time, the choice of rolling stock and routes is so diverse now, the idea of creating packs with a broadly common theme was limiting us and no longer made sense.

As a customer, you may not necessarily want all of the scenarios in one pack, but to pick and choose instead. You may also not have all of the requirements needed for a pack of scenarios, but possibly for some of the scenarios. This was not possible to know before purchasing.

We want to provide scenarios on an individual basis, with individual requirements lists, where the customer is instantly told whether they own all requirements to drive a scenario or not. On top of that, with an easy payment and installation process. Less time searching and more time driving!

Enter Powerhouse; a desktop application which allows you to browse and purchase our scenario catalogue with ease.

Upon launch, we are offering 48 individual scenarios priced at 99p each. 41 of these scenarios are updated versions of scenarios featured in our discontinued scenario packs with more up-to-date rolling stock utilised. The remaining 7 are brand new scenarios, more of which we shall be progressively releasing over the coming weeks and months.

https://www.trainsimscenarios.com/

Powerhouse - The home of Train Simulator scenarios

WHAT IS POWERHOUSE?
    Powerhouse is a desktop application developed by Armstrong Powerhousewhich allows you to browse and purchase our scenario catalogue with ease.

WHAT DOES POWERHOUSE FEATURE?
    - Ability to filter our scenario catalogue by Train, Livery, Route, Year, Weather, Season, Duration & Difficulty

- When viewing the scenario catalogue, Powerhouse scans your Train Simulator folder and instantly tells you whether you have all of the requirements to use a scenario. If you are missing requirements, the number of requirements missing will be displayed as part of the search results. Clicking on the scenario will tell you exactly which requirements are missing.

- In-app payment via PayPal.

- One-click downloads. No .exe or .rwp installers.

HOW TO DOWNLOAD & USE POWERHOUSE
    To download Powerhouse, simply click the 'Download' button at the top-right of this page and let the installer do its thing. When it has completed, open Powerhouse, create an account, log in and away you go!

Please note that if you already have an Armstrong Powerhouse account, you must create a separate one for use with Powerhouse.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
  2. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead Well-Known Member

A great little app that, and so many people don't seem to know about it, or that you can buy scenarios from AP.

3. andy.malcolm

andy.malcolm Active Member

I would love it if they could somehow integrate the scenarios you owned from EPs into this as it would give me a much better idea of what stock I should get in future sales and also what I can play without faffing around. I think that might be beyond the scope of the project but it's a really impressive app.

4. SJA

SJA Active Member

Handy app. One or two of them are 90-100 minutes long with shunt movements involved, which is not bad for 99p given how much care and attention goes into AP scenarios as a rule.

It does remind me though that I would like to pick up the 325 EP at some point.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
  5. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

It would be nice if they integrate the scenarios included with their rolling stock and enhancement packs into this app so I can see which of them I actually own the requirements for.

Out of all the AP scenarios that I have installed from EPs/rolling stock I think I've only managed to play about three without encountering missing assets :|

6. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead Well-Known Member

It gives you a list of requirements on the website, and in the manual for each AP loco or enhancement pack.

7. andy.malcolm

Everyone knows that, but integrating them would be nice :)

I even made a spreadsheet showing which AP stuff I have and what I am missing for each pack to be able to play the scenarios, but it is far from ideal.

8. andy.malcolm

Surprised the app doesn't have an option to remember your password either (unless I am being highly dense)

• Like Like x 1
  9. ntypeman

ntypeman Well-Known Member

My phone can do it & I'm sure the browser on my laptop can do it...

10. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

So did the old scenario packs. Those are requirements for all scenarios included not individual ones, for instance with the AP 375/377 EP one scenario on the Medway Valley line only requires the EP and the base route (not all the other stuff for the other two scenarios on the Chatham Main line). I.e. the app will list requirements for each scenario separately avoiding this.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 1