Oakville Loading Tankers

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by KoeleKoen, Apr 27, 2021.

1. KoeleKoen

KoeleKoen Well-Known Member

Is there a reason why the loading services on oakland don't use the loading feature of the pumps? It just says "wait 10 minutes" or "wait 20 minutes" instead of actually loading the tankers, i tried doing it manual but the pump doesn't start and the wagons stay empty, anyone any idea whether this is a bug or just as it was intended? Thanks in advance

• Like Like x 1
  2. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Since these services can also be run as AI, AI can’t do the loading so hence the wait time. Same reason the locomotives are all running on the services, AI can’t run through the cold start procedures.

I always go ahead and fill the tankers during those services, the only annoyance is the pop-up asking if you want to give up the service as you are running around, but is a minor complaint overall. I do enjoy those loading services.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. KoeleKoen

Do the tankers actually fill? Cause mine stay empty and the loading light stays red

• Like Like x 1
  4. LeadCatcher

Yes, they actually fill. I do not remember any service where they didn’t.

5. KoeleKoen

Hmm strange, i must be doing something wrong then, when i open the valve nothing happens and when i check inside there's just a little stream on the bottom of the tank

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. LeadCatcher

Not to be insulting, but want to insure you are doing the process correctly, 1) release the gantry so it can swing over the tanker, 2) open the tanker and connect the fill hose, and finally 3) turn on the transfer pump. I assume you are probably doing it correctly, but just wanted to be sure...

It has been a while since I have run a service on Oakland so will test again. Which particular service did you experience the tankers not loading? Will give it a shot to see what my results are.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. KoeleKoen

Thanks for the help! I've tried it with Y911 hobson street loading at 11:30 and Y912 victoria at 12:10,did a bunch of services nonstop in a row, those 2 were in the session

8. LeadCatcher

Just tried YB11 and you are right -- the tankers are not filling -- It has been awhile since I ran some of these scenarios so it might be I am mis-remembering (new word :)) things or thhis one doesn't work or something has changed. But I can confirm , you are correct - they are not loading on this service at least

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  9. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

To me the same thing (not loading) happened in the journey mode right after the loading tutorial ;-)

Let's wait for Adam ...

10. KoeleKoen

Thanks for confirming guys, should i also send a support ticket or will a dtg member see this thread?

11. LeadCatcher

By all means - that way it will be logged into their system DTG Protagonist, DTG Natster and DTG JD always say - the error reporting system is always the way to get problems logged :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. casssp

casssp Member

I have it on Xbox and it works fine. I'm not playing now, but it was something like this:
    1 open the wagon cover
    2 take the pipe and fit it in the nozzle
    3 now has 2 more processes which is to press a button on the machinery and also turn a crank.
    4 wait for a while to fill, is shown on a dash on this machine. Then turn everything off, remove the hose: you can see it's filled.

13. KoeleKoen

During scenario or service? I'll try again tomorrow

14. casssp

casssp Member

Timetable. The services I played worked well. I cannot guarantee that they are exactly the same services because I take randomly, but tomorrow I can take a look to see...

• Like Like x 1
  15. KoeleKoen

I've tried again but alas, opening the valve does nothing, must be pc specific then if it works on xbox

• Like Like x 1
  16. LeadCatcher

Pray tell - Where is the "button on the machinery: that you suggest we press on step 3? the only "clIckable" points are 1) Control Panel which releases the gantry, 2} Tank Car Lid to open and close, 3} Ethanol hose to attach and dis-attach and 4 the Pump Control Valve.

If there is another "button to press on the Machinery" on the Xbox, then it is not present where I can find it on the PC

The other clue that something is amiss is following the procedure I describe you hear the sound of the transfer pump starting to run when you open the valve - but no product is transferred which would suggest a supply valve to the entire loading dock isn't open (IRL that would be)

Edit: Submitted ticket on the fact tanker cars are not loading.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  17. casssp

casssp Member

As I am at work, I stayed to test as soon as I can, but if my memory serves me correctly, these were procedures. I did several services and they were working, at least on the Xbox. It may also be that it is the specific service he said, which I will also test because it is also my interest that it works.

However, I apologize if I messed up the topic.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
  18. casssp

casssp Member

Perhaps it is even the specific service. I will also test it as soon as possible because it is also in my interest that it works on this wonderful route!

• Like Like x 1
  19. casssp

casssp Member

I came to report that the tanks are not filling in the services mentioned and others services that I tested on Xbox.

The hypothesis I have is: is it a compatibility problem? On the TSW2020 they worked well. Now on TSW2 they have stopped working.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  20. This is so much fun! Please can you get it working DTG??? Or does it just need lining up exact with the wagon/car nozzles-hatches?

Also I noticed the stations on the route. Does this mean a passenger route is coming soon? Where? From Toronto?

21. I'll have to try it again

Or it just doesn't work.

22. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Speculation was that the route was gonna be a split Passenger Fright route with Go Transit trains, however it is assumed DTG could not acquire the license for them so it was dropped completely from the route leaving the route a shallow switching route with not much to do. (Despite having one of the best little North American locomotives in the GP9RM.)

There is supposed to be an update to the route which adds Passenger services using Caltrains Baby Bullet stock (Which is close enough to stand in for the Go trains.) But it's been stuck on the roadmap for who knows how long now.

• Like Like x 3
  23. max#2873

max#2873 Well-Known Member

checked again, on my xbxx filling works only in scenarios (timetable is broken)

• Like Like x 1
  24. Thanks for explaining.!! :)

25. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Ethanol loading:
    1) only works in scenario mode, because (as said above) AI can't handle the loading, so it can't be part of timetable services.
    2) there is a longstanding bug, across all freight routes, where the "loaded/unloaded" toggle interferes with/is interfered with by alt-liveries and substitutions. With every other route, the workaround for a long time now has been to disable alt-liveries, which is why you don't get them on freight cars any more. The exception to this is Oakville: on that one route you get the full panoply of paint jobs, because DTG elected instead just to keep them all permanently "unloaded" (this because Oakville is short and flat, so it makes little difference to the driving experience). Therefore the "loading" of ethanol is purely notional.

NOTE: a set of instructions which should be present but is not - but something you should do if going for realism - is to disconnect the locos and back them up to the head of the siding before commencing the loading. This is a mandatory fire-safety measure.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  26. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. It did seem odd to me that they would just leave running diesel locos next to ethanol loading in process.

27. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

I mean, in reality the player wouldn't be the one doing the unloading/loading anyway, it would fall onto a worker at the plant. The crew would most likely drop a string of cars off and presumably pick up the set left there from the last time the industry was served. (If applicable)

• Like Like x 4
  28. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Came across one of these scenarios last night in Journey mode. Not really sure how waiting 10 minutes doing exactly nothing is immersive gameplay. Either have us take on the role of the terminal operator or skip forward with a "10 minutes later..." message.

• Like Like x 1
  29. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

I've long felt we should get a fast forward option for situations like this or sat at red lights for an inordinately long time. Make it optional for those who want the full experience of sat waiting

• Like Like x 2
  30. OldVern

Especially in a scripted scenario. Can understand the challenges of coding it into timetable runs, with everything speeded up by a factor of 2x or 4x might overwhelm things. But a scenario with a handful of trains and predefined outcomes ought to be possible. I just sat and read my book for the ten minutes, but kind of defeats the point! Of course the chances now of Oakville getting any sort of rework must be fairly slim.

31. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

And yet the Roadmap lists a " huge " update to Oakville in the works.

32. max#2873

max#2873 Well-Known Member

And that kind of issues keep me off dlc shopping, longstanding bugs which are only increasing in numbers with another routes. Broken mechanically and boring in appearance freight trains + empty/zombie passengers trains. And Foggy weather everywhere...

Last edited: Jun 20, 2023
  33. OldVern

I had forgotten that... Well they might surprise us then. Very much a "sleeper" route, nice to get a taste of North American railroading without endless 25 MPH grinds up steep gradients. But as discussed previously to realise its full potential needs to go from Toronto to Niagara and get some sort of passenger layer, be it GO or VIA.

34. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Yes, it's a largely unfinished and unloved gem, including the best NA loco DTG have produced in the GP9RM.

The Baby Bullet is supposed to make an appearance at some point, to run passenger services. What livery it will sport is anyone's guess, since DTG doesn't have any relevant licenses. The stations are already in game, but the route is rather like PF in that it runs between two points that aren't really passenger terminals, Hamilton and Oakville. An extension to Toronto is unlikely, though what the " huge " update will contain is also a mystery.

• Like Like x 1
  35. LeadCatcher

I went ahead and filled the cars - though they didn't register as loaded - going through the motions added to the immersion rather than sitting on my thumbs for ten minutes.. And every one seems to be looking for immersion --- :) so make a bit of your own...

• Like Like x 3
  36. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

You mean the Amtrak Maple Leaf which runs Toronto Oakville Niagara Falls NY & ON Rochester Utica Albany NY Penn via the Metro-North Hudson Line.