PlayStation All Of My 100+ Liveries Are Gone!!!

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by AlexEnGame, Apr 20, 2021.

1. AlexEnGame

AlexEnGame Member

Playstation 4 Pro, why is this still an active issue? +200hours spent into them and now are gone

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Well-Known Member

I think this is also occurring on Xbox as well. Not too sure about PC though.
    This has been an issue for months now.
    Currently there is no fix or workaround about this.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

They definitely need to have some Dovetail Live backup at least if not sharing (reasons for which not being a thing are understandable). PC players like me can have backups when they export the liveries through 3rd party programs, but consoles have nothing and it's bad. I would be furious if all my work just poofed out of existence because... why?

• Like Like x 3
  4. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

That would make me cry if I lost over 200 hours of work making over 100 liveries. I’ve only dabbled with the livery editor, but this makes me not want to put in too much effort.

• Like Like x 3
  5. AlexEnGame

AlexEnGame Member

This is only one of my liveries that i ve made so far :(, you can see on AlexEnGame yt channel only 30% of my high detailed liveries on ps4, and how they are gone :((((

Attached Files:

6. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

...sorry to hear you’ve also been impacted by this issue, as others here already have sadly. Having to deal with an issue like this is totally unacceptable to me. I’d stick to your guns and demand better... DTG should both acknowledge the issue and escalate a solution to prevent any other players- paying customers- from being impacted by this. That’s what I would push for if I worked there... DTG needs to do the same- it’s their product, it’s their issue to fix.

• Like Like x 4
  7. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

I run TSW 2 on both PC and console (PS4), and although the idea of creating your own liveries and scenarios is great on paper, there is absolutely no way on Google's Good Earth that I would invest more than five minutes on either of these things on console on TSW 2. Any work put in is very highly likely to be lost at some point.

Although TSW is made available for purchase on console, it is really only made for PC users.

You could wait for TSW 3. If they can make a stable TSW 2 and then stop patching it (because they move on to TSW 3), then you might be okay with making liveries in TSW 2. But in that situation most people would want to be using TSW 3.

It's a "No Win, Lots of Fees" situation.

• Like Like x 3
  8. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

I hate also this issue, I was a victim from this a couple of times... but I always save them on a USB drive.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  9. Stockton Rails

...yep, or save them in the cloud if you have a PS Plus acct, which is what I do. Not sure XBox users have any cloud options, but I’m assuming they can at least save to a local usb drive- which I highly recommend until DTG finally gets on the stick and resolves this issue.

(DTG- What, if anything, do you guys have planned to resolve this issue with a complete loss of liveries that players have taken literally weeks/months to create? Why are you so silent on this issue- which has been around for months now and still affects TSW 2 players? You guys seem to be very selective on the game issues you respond to in these forums... how about taking some ownership and responding to this one.)

Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  10. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

One has to wonder just what problem with this game will it take for players to rise up and say enough!Dtg needs to get more people on there fix it team,because clearly the test team is undestsaffed terribly.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Stockton Rails

...yep, I’ve thought about that too. To each his own and all that- but I still don’t get why so many folks keep pumping money into the DTG machine, only to get another set of problems with their new releases. I expect better than that.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave New Member

Have you checked your online storage?

13. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

This only protects you if a future update doesn't require a slightly differently specified liveries file. But it is a good idea. I would also suggest taking plenty of screenshots of your work, for future posterity. ;-)

When TSW 2 launched, I quickly got stuck into making a "Thinking with Portals" mash-up livery for the Bakerloo 72 Stock.... with the line rebranded as PortalOO..., but then DTG discovered that they hadn't really completed the work necessary to have a working Livery Designer, so it was a waste of my time.

I would love to make some liveries and scenarios for TSW 2, but neither feature has matured enough for me yet. New DLC is being rolled out that doesn't work with either system at launch... so there doesn't seem much point to me, right now. So, I will wait. Patiently.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

I've also experienced this problem once. As others have already said, it is always best to create a backup, be it on an USB stick or in the PSN cloud. Personally I like to use the PSN cloud, because it's the easiest way to to save your valuable data. In total I have almost 50 liveries so far, some that can be done quickly and others that contain more complex motifs or were very time consuming. All in all I like the "Livery Designer" feature in TSW2 very much, although there is still room for improvement.

Livery mods are only available and interchangeable for PC players right now. But if you lock for example at the Crew2 (Ubisofts online racing game), console players can download liveries ingame, which were created cross-platform by the community. This feature could be a future possibility, the online connection to DTG live already exists... ;)

15. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Known issue across all platforms

16. TheShotte

TheShotte Well-Known Member

Oh wow. I am so sorry man :(