Help With A Runaround

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aaron333, Apr 28, 2018.

1. Aaron333

Aaron333 New Member

Please can someone help with my scenario I am creating on the Riviera Line, I want to do a runaround at Paignton Station, I noticed on the 2D Mapping that there is no names on the points to send the uncoupled locomotive too. eg. shunt end, runaround etc. Looked at someone else's scenario, on their 2d map it is marked runaround North and South at Paignton Station but not on mine, Please help, thank you.

2. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Although I'm not very familiar with the Riviera Line (aren't there two of them?), I can offer some run-around tips.
    The easiest way to accomplish a run-around is with a Trigger Instruction that simply tells the driver to run around the train, but this will only work if hand-thrown points/switches are available.
    If the area is equipped with machine-thrown switches, you can simply place your own track markers where the driver has to reverse. That leads me to some comments about markers: in this case, I recommend destination rather than siding markers; the editor will assign any marker a generic, sequential name beginning with the first letter of its type enclosed in parentheses: changing that name to something specific to the marker's function is simple and much more apropos. Double-click the marker's central post, then type your own marker name in the appropriate box, eliminating the letter in parentheses. In this case, I would name the markers Paignton Rev 1 and Paignton Rev 2, each name followed by a compass point designation (N, S, etc.). The creator of the scenario you looked at had, undoubtedly, placed such markers.
    Hope this helps.

3. Aaron333

Aaron333 New Member

Thank you for your help.