Train Sim World 2 - Mass Mixed Traffic

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Apr 29, 2021.

1. appledates#4945

appledates#4945 Well-Known Member

It says in the article that it is a working gate. I love when we get unique stuff like that!
    I have to say this route is looking good from what we have seen, I can’t imagine what this route looks like during “Rush hour”.

2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

No stream?

• Like Like x 3
  3. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Apparently YT is having issues but mines working fine

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

The Destination System looks still wrong and off, also the Line Numbers are missing

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

It hasn’t gone live for me

• Like Like x 3
  6. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Not live on Twitch.

7. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

I can’t find stream on Yt or twitch

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Well I don't even see it on twitch

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

What time is it starting? Nothing on YouTube or twitch right now. JD’s scripted lines blown up his pc?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Oh no - something is broken.

• Like Like x 1
  11. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

DTG announcement says 19:00 UTC but I presumed that was a mistake and meant 20:00 U.K. time

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Still not working and no info from the community managers

• Like Like x 1
  13. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Good ol’ DTG, someone put a quid in the meter.

• Like Like x 2
  14. lux#4689

lux#4689 Well-Known Member

Some tech issues. They will be a bit late

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  15. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

Ha ha ha - the one of rare times I get chance to watch a live stream as it happens......and this happens! :D

• Like Like x 1
  16. conniethunder

conniethunder Well-Known Member

Are DTG running late with the streams?
    Not even a countdown video yet!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Where have they said this?

18. Cloadmcally

Cloadmcally Active Member

This bodes well... lol

19. lux#4689

lux#4689 Well-Known Member

Stream is now up. 5 min countdown

• Like Like x 2
  20. helderbrincolas

helderbrincolas Well-Known Member

same ahahah

21. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

The unofficial discord was updated by JD but nothing on the official forums here

• Like Like x 2
  22. sdc

sdc Member

The Stream is available on YouTube now

23. mrcharliemiggins2.0

mrcharliemiggins2.0 Well-Known Member

UTC stands for Coordinated Universal Time, equivillant to GMT. The clocks changed in the uk to BST, which is an hour ahead

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  24. conniethunder

conniethunder Well-Known Member

Matt is still deciding what green screen background to use! :)

UTC isn't GMT related.
    It actually accounts for the leap year by 'adding time' to account for 6 hours a year. Hence no BST (or other time zone) adjustment.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  25. Cloadmcally

The excuse about Dostos is just ridiculous, I get saying that the schedule didn't allow them changing the coaches, but saying that they are in fact not different from outside is just plain wrong. Plus the 112 has the exact same sounds as the 143. no words

• Like Like x 14
  26. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Lazy as Hell, shame on you

• Like Like x 12
  27. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

This route is a joke so far. No new stock and then they use the excuse that redoing the dostos to have the correct ones would take too much time? As DB628 says, lazy is the word that comes to mind. Hamburg Hbf looked dead and no ICE services despite quite a few running on the line in real.

• Like Like x 13
  28. mrcharliemiggins2.0

mrcharliemiggins2.0 Well-Known Member

If they 'Ran out of time', the route has been on the roadmap since TSW2 release in August, same as Clinchfield, which is the longest route in TSW2 and was only recently released, they created a brand new F7, a caboose, more freight wagons and its set in a forest, which would be harder because of scenery. HBK is much shorter than CRR and is a mainline, yet everything is reused. DTG are getting very lazy with some routes and just keep coming back to the same excuses. Matt managed to fall between the train and the platform in the game, which is probably why, not to mention how some platforms are HIGHER than the train doors

• Like Like x 16
  29. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

Stream confirmes, unless this route comes at 15€ it is an absolute no-buy, I can by no means support this decisions DTG has taken, and I hope this is by no means what we can expect from new routes going forward :( I am really disappointed, first German route I will have to skip :(

• Like Like x 14
  30. Cloadmcally

Even the MRCE Taurus is basically a repaint of the 182... How in the world was there no time to do the correct dostos, the other trains are basically the same...

• Like Like x 11
  31. flyingpaul

flyingpaul Member

Route looks good, Timetable seems great. But sadly no new rolling stock. Therefor sadly a no-buy from me.
    Would have been a great opportunity to bring either a new freight loco, new freight wagons, or the long discussed Dostos.

• Like Like x 9
  32. Scorpion71

Copy and paste job from what I saw I'm afraid, "lazy" is definitely the key word.

Serious competition is needed for them to up their game, standards are slipping.

• Like Like x 11
  33. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

Yeah I don't know anymore about this. Visually I quite liked the preview of the route, but everything else around it just seems to fall short. If it will cost the same as other routes, which I don't see why it wouldn't, this is bad worth for the buck compared to other routes. At least for players who already own several dosto dlc, the red taurus and the 143. And I say that defending the 112 as being not a carbon copy of 143 earlier.

I also want to specifically mention that I find Matts comment about the high entry dostos quite condescending. Surely it was not meant with any mean intent, but you don't get to say "For a huge amout of work you don't see the benefit of it" when you are expecting train and rail fans to buy your product, sorry, but that is not cutting it.

What is sticking for me right now is the following:
    +great timetable
    +great stations
    +great scenery

-112 front is somewhat off compared to real engine.
    -passenger cars are just wrong and the excuse was unsatisfying even for someone like me who does not care that much about it.
    -no new freight wagons or at least container brands.
    -no service numbers on the on train PIS? Why?
    -Taurus has different cab but ultimately boils down to a modified repaint.

ultimately, while the surroundings of the route are fine, to me it fails at the rolling stock, which is what you will be moving with all the time.
    Now since Matt was condescending, I will be too now by saying; seeing how few has been done to and with the rolling stock, one loco being visually obviously off, one being a modified repaint, how can you justify not having scope to modify the passenger cars when you are able to do completely new locos and wagons in one release for other routes like Clinchfild for (probably) the same price.

This is very sadly a no buy for me if it is the standard 29,99€, too many corners cut. And it hurts especially after how stunningly well the DB BR 101 was made. And it hurts because I like RE/RB services most, but I cannot support this. You always ask for feedback, here it is.

P.s. directed at people from other countries, who wonder why tiny details on the 112 and the dostos matter that much:
    Imagine one of your favorite routes and it having one of your countries most iconic locos + wagons announced for TSW2.
    Now imagine the loco front looking like its ugly brother and imagine the wagons being wrong. Would you be happy with it?

• Like Like x 27
  34. Jo_Kim

Jo_Kim Well-Known Member

Now the first HBK preview stream has just ended and I have some thoughts about what we've been able to see:
    These are the things that bother me:
    - Sounds identical to the BR 143
    - Dostos copied from MSB
    - PIS could use more detail (Line number)
    - small details on the BR 112.1 are off (third light, brake lever)
    - BR 182 is just a reskin with minor model changes (proof: the typo saying "Füherstandsbeleuchting" on a breaker on the back wall is still there)

The scenery looks pretty nice, the stations are too empty (as always) but the rolling stock is a joke. The BR 112.1 is really similar to the BR 143 but most assets have just been copied from the 143 and then there are even errors on the things that are different with the 112. It's even worse with the BR 182, which is not only nearly completely recycled, but it's making the BR 182 DLC really loosing its value. The Dostos are just a copy from MSB which really bothers me because the high-entry version would add some much-needed variety. And we also don't get any new freight waggons which would at least be anything new. I've really been looking forward to HBK but in its current state, this is nothing I want to spend my money on. DTG should understand that delivering such a route, especially with the rise in quality in the latest DLCs, is not acceptable.
    Just one real new piece of rolling stock would have been enough. There would have been enough options for other Freight Locos to put in this route but we're getting something we've already paid for extra. DTG get back on the right track. You have proven that you can make it so please keep up the quality.

• Like Like x 23
  35. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Thanks for nothing Dovetail for an Bad Stream today and not giving us new content like the DB 218 and BR 648 and high entry Dostos.

• Like Like x 5
  36. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Face it you don't have struggle to know the price will be $30(Or you countries $$$ of that).The only upside is livery editor,but is that worth $30 alone?

The MRCE Db br 182 in a chocolate brown livery,,,hmmm?You know that just might be the most honest sign of what this route will turn out to be.

• Like Like x 6
  37. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Post Stream thoughts:
    Overall average, I apologize for my ignorance, I thought Lübeck, although a terminus stations, was not such a big complicated station, and, knowing stations are the most "difficult" part of a route I think a lot of effort and time was spent on the route itself, particularly the stations.

The timetable is also very good.

The scenery looks great and feels different from the current german routes, looks like they captured the feel of the area quite nicely.

However, a good route is wasted without good rolling stock, and I'd rate the 112 as above average and the Taurus as mediocre.

The 112 at least got a new cab, but no new sounds, I guess now it's the main team waiting for Adam's team because the volume mixing is just as awful as the current RSN BR143, the only good thing is that this is better than the TRAXXes...

The Taurus has got a half-new cab, but the dials remained just as bad as the old 182. I can't put my finger on why, but the dials just look flat and 2D, and have the same low-res textures as the 182... not good, the sound seem the same as the 182, hopefully this still is a WiP, otherwise we will hear a lot of E-EEE-E-EEE looping cruising at around 100 km/h.

Basically this means that Hamburg-Lubeck will have worse sounds than the TSW2020 BR143 and TSW2020 182, which is just absurd, with the time saved by not doing the DoStos they could have updated some of the sounds. Again, I hope this is still a WiP.

About the DoStos, I personally do not agree with Matt, the two DoStos have quite a different look and you can spot the difference at a quick glance, and while I am not saying they are lying, I just can't see how that would be such a hard, tedious and time consuming job.

We know DTG has to cut some corners, and generally it's fine, we know TSW is not the most realistic sim, and we (I at least) do not expect everything to be 100% correct every time, but this time looks like they cut the DLC in half instead of cutting corners...
    I might still buy it, at the end I am not as bothered about the DoStos, but I don't like re-buying a BR182 I already own, it has no better sounds, no better looking cab, and I don't care about the PIS screens on the 182 as much as I don't care about the DoStos, and I am skilled enough on the Livery Designer to recreate the simple MRCE livery.

I wouldn't go as far as calling them lazy, clearly a lot of work went into the route, the scenery and the stations, but the rolling stock is quite the disappointment.

• Like Like x 7
  38. Scorpion71

Good point. As an example, I was not happy to see the BR101 without the cabcar at the other end as it's just not the complete set and I'm not from Germany.

If they had modelled or ever decide to model the Class 91 with a set with MK4s without the buffet coach and without the DVT on a Kings Cross - Peterborough route, I'd of been fuming and asking why bother if you can't have the complete train set!

• Like Like x 15
  39. Cloadmcally

Heck, when SEHS was shown with the wrong fences you made a lot of noise, maybe even more than the dostos, and at least in that instance DTG listened..

Great post Mclitke, you summed it up perfectly.

• Like Like x 9
  40. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

Yes we share alot of feelings on this here. The stations are fantastic but personally I like to compare their products, which is justified since they cost the same. And with the effort (or lack of it) put into the rolling stock, it easily falls short to many other routes at same price point. Which begs the question, why spending the same amount for a product that brings arguably less than others at same price point? Strong contender for 25% discount for me personally. Maybe even around 35% to really forgive the shortcomings.

• Like Like x 7
  41. Coastway trainspotter

It’s a shame about all this negativity , I think this will be the best TSW2 German route so far . I’ll happily buy this

• Like Like x 1
  42. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

I did notice some nice new details and improvements that will hopefully carry onto the future routes. For example, the tracks are more detailed than usual with safety rails (I have no clue how to call them) on bridges and junctions. There are also new signal light colours and speed boards. Posnetek zaslona (121).png

The scenery looks good, especially in the Hamburg area and the Hamburg Hbf is really nice.
    It honestly looks like a decent route but not really interesting for players who already own the stock, as it's all reused. There's just nothing special about it.

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  43. KoeleKoen

KoeleKoen Well-Known Member

DTG: "All official licences, all authentically recreated"
    also DTG: "For a huge amount of work you don't see the benefit of it"

First German route i'll be skipping,a shame,was looking forward to this one

• Like Like x 11
  44. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

1900 UTC is 2000 BST.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  45. helderbrincolas

I see that Munich-Augsburg, Koln-Aachen and Ruhr Sieg Nord are a joke to you

• Like Like x 5
  46. helderbrincolas

Same

• Like Like x 3
  47. BR125

BR125 Well-Known Member

authentic unless it requires work. Authentic asset flips only guys.

• Like Like x 6
  48. Coastway trainspotter

Please may you quote the reply where I said that SKA , HMA and RSN were a joke ?
    I only own SKA , but I will be getting HBL , due to the fact that I believe it is going to be the best German route in the game . Clearly you feel I am not entitled to my own opinion , which isn’t really the smartest thing to say to someone .
    Edit : Sorry if I sounded aggressive , I just felt I had to say that

• Like Like x 1
  49. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

The stream was seriously underwhelming. After knowing so much content gets recycled they tell us there was no time for high-entry dostos (Isn't there a separate team for rolling stock? Were they on vacation during the making of this route?) and they're basically the same as the ones featured... WHAT???? Then how was that picked instantly from the screenshots? (For our American friends - it's like if they told you you don't need Tier 4 GEVOs, they're looking almost the same as Dash-9s)

Probably even worse part is that knowing the DLC structure all the mistakes, sounds and problems inherited WON'T be fixed when a fix is done on the problem "creator" - if they fix lights on the Dostos on MSB, it won't automatically apply here. So the sounds might get fixed and yet you will have to wait for that same thing to get carried over to HBL.

Timetable for freight seems pretty underwhelming. There could've been at least some use of the 204 in the yards... 363 could've formed RE consists. Also what the hell is 112 doing on freight services??? NO NO NO NO!
    upload_2021-4-29_22-46-8.png
    112s on freight is a similar case to 101s, it's wrong. (I'm sure there have been some incidents of it having freight cars behind itself, but that doesn't justify it, it's not a 143... although DTG would probably like it to be).

But hey... Hamburg and Lübeck are nice. Job well done there.

• Like Like x 8
  50. helderbrincolas

ok, you didn´t get the joke.. May i ask you, why did you belive that this was gonna be the best german route??