PC Clinchfield "limited Power" Stuck

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by thatsn0moon, Apr 8, 2021.

1. thatsn0moon

thatsn0moon Member

Hi all,

I keep getting stuck on Limited Power.

I get to the coal terminal, split the consist and then attach to the consist with the 3rd loco attached. For some reason it tells me to split that consist again leaving 14 cars attached to the 3rd loco and the other cars in that split get loaded, I then return the loaded cars to the unloaded 14 and hook up to the consist on the other track from the original train, I detach the caboose and load those cars but after reconnected to the other loaded cars (with 14 empties at the back attached to the 3rd loco) the game gets stuck on "wait for a moment".

I've tried this twice now with identical results. Either those 14 cars aren't meant to be there in the first place or its telling me to split them in the wrong place.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks,

Tyler

2. CoyoteMan

CoyoteMan Active Member

Ill try it later and report back. Hell ill stream it

3. thatsn0moon

thatsn0moon Member

Not all hero's wear capes sir.

4. blaze111csx

blaze111csx Well-Known Member

well I can't even get there because the F7 engine shuts off at random intervals and the train derails when I try to fill the coal cars

5. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

I've had it shut off on me as well

• Like Like x 1
  6. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

At this point, it feels like this scenario is designed to make you fail no matter what (no joke).

7. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

it's crazy how's it's the first thing they make you do after the tutorial. At one point when you're done filling the cars, I literally had to break the train in two pieces in order to pull it back up the hill, no matter what it would pull me down out of control. I had to do that because the train was blocking the second line you need to take in order to change ends.

8. CoyoteMan

CoyoteMan Active Member

Here you go. Gold medal, too.

9. CoyoteMan

CoyoteMan Active Member

So reading your post again it sounds like you're doing something wrong. You are supposed to set the first cut on the track designated and leave it. You set the cut out on the track, uncouple, and then the AI F7 takes them away where they are no longer your problem.

10. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

I did it first try, gold medal as well, my problem was I didn't know how to use the dynamic brake

11. kahnn

kahnn New Member

Hmm, my first try at this and the AI F7 just sits there and doesn't move when connected to the first cut. I then cannot place the first loaded cut in the right place. Hopefully the pic shows what I am talking about. Any way to get it moving or is it a restart?

Attached Files:

12. thatsn0moon

thatsn0moon Member

This is what I’m having. The AI loco just sits there, I’ve tried stopping my consist early before the market (which is occupied by the AI) and I’ve tried coupling to his consist and pushing him down the line so I can stop at the market but again he just sits there and the scenario gets stuck. Such a shame as it looks like a very fun scenario.

13. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Maybe this fellow train lover could help \o/

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2021
  14. kahnn

kahnn New Member

Re-ran scenario from the start and worked fine the second time. Didn't realise it was the hardest scenario and took 110min :)
    Second time, left first cut and AI connected when I connected to second cut. AI pulled first cut away when I went to load second cut.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  15. raretrack

raretrack Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  16. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Don't leave a cut (... of consist) on switches :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. raretrack

Indeed. Although my cut was clear of the switch, there wasn't enough room for the AI F7 to be the same once it had coupled up. As the AI F7 was still slightly foul it wouldn't depart (even after I'd re-coupled and dragged the whole consist along a bit).

• Like Like x 1
  18. raretrack

19. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave New Member

The second loco is to take away your split not to assist you, you fill both sets move the caboose and change cabs then off to Allen Storage however there's a red signal at 1.5m from there that I can't get passed????

20. Jonsutt1

Jonsutt1 Active Member

Tried this scenario today. Brilliant scenario, my favourite so far in all of TSW2! You have to do it in one go. Don't save and resume as it causes problems with AI F7 mentioned above. It's very immersive handling heavy freight on steep gradients. Physics works extremely well. Train gets heavier and heavier as it is loaded with coal, requiring more and more power. When stopped, loaded train rolls away at any excuse. Lots of brakes required to hold it.

Was slightly disappointed when changing cabs, that instructions don't have you set up all necessary controls and switches before leaving the soon to be trailing loco. It would have been a good training exercise in MU configuration. Also, the old trailing loco had to have its engine started when it became lead loco, even though it had been running all along??

Nevertheless, great fun and well done DTG!

21. conniethunder

conniethunder Well-Known Member

Just finished it tonight in order to try and get the 'Mastery' challenge - "I'm a Cole Man".

This is a VERY good scenario, and being British, I had the patience to finish it!

A little off topic though....
    ....what scenarios/timetables do I have to complete to get the 'Mastery' challenge of 60 coal hoppers?
    I am at 42 / 60 and have completed all scenarios.
    What timetables help me complete this? I think it may be a bug?

22. conniethunder

I think it is a bug regarding where the game 'tells' you to stop.
    ...it recognises the consist rather than the loco, and so we overshoot due to breaking.

I was reversing and expecting to stop at the marker with my loco. The scenario part ended early?
    To fix it later, I had to run forward with the loco/s, then reverse along the far 'right' line to get to the 'stop marker'.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2021
  23. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Berta Coal Loading. You may have to run it three times, because there are only 6 hoppers.

• Like Like x 1
  24. BladesAndRazors

BladesAndRazors Member

The scenario is definitely doable. Please search the forum for the similar posts with already added solution.

25. conniethunder

Berta Coal loading 'Timetable' was/is a nightmare!
    I went back and re-did a 'Scenario'. I think it was 'Denby' ?'

I think ALL of you would have to do this twice unless you can create coal loading timetables?
    Either way, I got my Mastery

• Like Like x 1
  26. rollon#9891

rollon#9891 New Member

Actually quite by accident I found the physics extremely flawed lol. After having three problems completing this scenario I got ticked off and let the whole consist fall backwards down the hill. I had the consist up to 100 mph and it never derailed lol