Seriously People

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Bradley, Apr 29, 2021.

1. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

Its just a Dosto Coach GET OVER IT!!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  2. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

If you were a serious sim player then you’d understand why it’s important .

• Like Like x 6
  3. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

That just makes your post and attitude completely immature, if you don’t care, then don’t get involved?

• Like Like x 13
  4. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

"I am from the UK and I don't care about German stuff, so stop complaining, Germans" - someone- who complained about lights on 377.

The irony is strong, isn't it? Of course Dostos might be of little interest to you. That doesn't mean the whole forum has to act according to you, especially when you do the same when it comes to your stuff. So if DTG makes a BR Blue HST with MK1s (which look similar to MK3s, right?)... "GET OVER IT!!!!!"

• Like Like x 15
  5. mrcharliemiggins2.0

mrcharliemiggins2.0 Well-Known Member

So, if you don't like German DLC, why bother to get involved? Some people do care about this, and feel like it is an emersion breaker

• Like Like x 7
  6. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

A) you cant tell us what to do
    B) many forum members are serious about their simulator hobby
    C) for the people who’s local line it is, they will feel really frustrated- ie if they were to do one of my local lines I would feel frustrated too, and I’m sure the same would apply to you Bradley

• Like Like x 1
  7. jackmc2007

jackmc2007 Active Member

I do have to agree, as a UK player it doesn’t bother me as much. However I can see that it would bother people who are German rail enthusiasts or Live local. For example I would complain if the doors on the 166 were too far apart as they’re my local units.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

So Bradley isn’t allowed to have an opinion ?

9. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

It's nothing about having an opinion or not, it's purely the "I don't care about something so you shouldn't attitude".

The Dosto is a big issue to some, a small issue to some (I'm in this category), and a non issue to others. Not a single one of those opinions is the wrong one, but I certainly wouldn't be telling others that they must believe exactly in what I believe.

I'm sure Bradley would be upset if a similar mistake was made in UK content.

• Like Like x 7
  10. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

Thanks goodness for the ‘ignore’ function

11. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

Reading this thread just proves humanity is doomed and will forever fight itself to extinction...........

• Like Like x 2
  12. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Actually, I found Matt's "reason" to be false and patronising. If DTG don't have the time or people to do the work required to make proper assets then they shouldn't be selling those assets, and lest we forget at some point this will be a standalone purchase for someone that doesn't have the original dosto pack, so it won't be "a duplicate item", they will be getting sold the wrong dosto...

For me, it should NEVER be the case that DTG knowingly put out the wrong thing just to save some dev time

• Like Like x 8
  13. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

If you don’t care, why take the effort of creating a whole thread just to try and belittle those that do?

• Like Like x 1
  14. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  15. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

You've only received this response because it was you who tried to shut down others' opinion in the first place. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like Like x 3
  16. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

Well i give this thread about 1 day maybe 2 before this thing gets locked up tight and thrown away to the depths of forum abyss, and to the person who birthed the thread, freedom of speech might be a human right but being a argumentative arse just because you don't care about it isn't, that's a human choice, and a pretty stupid one at that..........

• Like Like x 3
  17. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

So just to confirm:

- You've told the entire forum to just get over the Dosto issue, despite it being a valid complaint for many.
    - People have responded saying that they are allowed to complain, and that you've made similar complaints about UK stock in the past.
    - You've denied the complaints.
    - Proof has been provided.
    - You declare the forum toxic and that your freedom of speech is being violated.

Is it too early for a pint?

• Like Like x 14
  18. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Whether Bradley's opinion is correct or not its not down to me and I am not getting into an argument over it. My view well its disappointing but thats it. It would be nice to see another set of dostos but its not happening and I will have to deal with it.

The other thing is, and anyone from DTG correct me if I am wrong that each route or piece of rolling stock is assigned like a budget from the time its conception (planning) to its release. So you assign a certain new locomotive plus new rolling stock to the route that has to be made then theses costs have to be put into the costing of the whole route. We all know that some people don't like paying £25, €30 or $30 for a route let alone the possibility of paying more just to get the odd extra bit of rolling stock (that extra costing / time to make) that has pushed the overall price of the dlc up.

Whether they do it or not DTG are damned if they do and damned if they don't. Its a no win situation.

Hentis

Last edited: May 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Calling the forums toxic is one thing. I suppose they can be at times. But calling us stupid, that's another thing. Does that mean I'm stupid? Maybe I am, but only my wife is allowed to say it.
    :)

• Like Like x 3
  20. nockwurst

nockwurst Well-Known Member

Every time my wife says “how much did you just spend on train video games?” I usually hear that right after I answer her, lol.

• Like Like x 1