Train Sim World 2 - Mass Mixed Traffic

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Apr 29, 2021.

1. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

I think this is the route where we can all follow Sam's advice: You don't have to buy everything.
    For a player who doesn't own RSN or the 182, there's lots of new stuff in it. Many people want the 182 but don't want to buy RT for it, so this might be their chance, as the route itself looks pretty great. If you already have all of that, don't buy it or wait for a sale.

It sucks but that's how DTG decided to spread out their resources this time.

• Like Like x 10
  2. breblimator

breblimator Guest

An interesting point of view, Snek \o/

PS But it smells a bit contradictory here (DTG).
    By the way, LGV introduced "powerless driving" **.
    Matt said they would like this approach. PIS, insertable reverser, etc.
    What's the new with HHL? haha >> insertable reverser >> hahaha
    ** google translate - I mean power changes, "jazda bezprądowa" in my country)

... There is no passion in this product /o\

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  3. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

Eh, I'm just saying to vote with your wallet. I too think content is pretty poor, even though I like both locos.

• Like Like x 4
  4. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

Maybe this is already part of the rush hour dlc, since they seem to have rushed through the rolling stock here? ;)

• Like Like x 14
  5. Cloadmcally

Cloadmcally Active Member

One thing that also irritated me during the livestream, is that Sam would have probably given Matt a hard time about him falling between the platform, and the response he gave about the dostos reasoning. Instead we got JD, who in typical PR style, just laughed off the fact he fell, and pretty much could not have cared less about feedback regarding the dostos.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 20
  6. mclitke

Well ultimately there is not much they can do about it at this stage.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

Voting with my wallet on this one unfortunately. I was looking for wad to this after the 101 DLC but I''l be picking up Res Evil 8 instead for next weekend.

With the way the route and rolling stock is, I might get it on sale.
    I thought DTG's view was to either get a train right or don't do it at all.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

I agree. I loved the combo of Matt and Sam for preview streams. Matt had the inside knowledge of why and how something was done (or wasn‘t done) and Sam did a very good job of voicing the thoughts and/or complaints that a lot of users had.

• Like Like x 15
  9. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Don't fully judge the sounds yet, it was played on a console...

• Like Like x 2
  10. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

I've been feeling that more recently, during livestream promos, any glaringly obvious bugs are completely ignored and/or tried to be hidden by doing an action in a specific way (See: Class 323 sounds)

It seems its either a don't look at the chat whilst that bug just happened or just laugh it off.

I really don't like the path DTG are heading in. Now it definitely seems to be more about selling the route, and a lot less about authenticity, acknowledging concerns, advice or opinions. Though Matt probably has his hands tied with what he can do and/or say.

• Like Like x 7
  11. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Everyone seems a bit tired there. This is not a complaint, just a concern. Pressure, tight schedule. In the case of 101 and HHL refer such an impression as if the DLCs sold as self-punishment. But 101 turned out to be an amazing product. A little bit of pace died. Motivation! \o/

• Like Like x 3
  12. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

I have to admit "Hamburg-Lübeck" looks promising, after watching yesterdays livestream. The main stations in Hamburg and Lübeck look very well implemented. I still noticed the slightly too wide upper front light lamp ring on the BR112. Nevertheless I've no problem with the currently used 4th Gen Dostos, because I don't like the version with the overhead doors that much. With the use of the Livery Designer it will be possible to create a fitting blue/yellow/white "Metronom" livery for the Dostos, which you can find there in real life traffic as well. Of course it's a flat route in North Germany, so there aren't any mountains or tunnels, but still a lot of green areas. It's a pity that you can't see alot of water near Lübeck or parts of the big harbour in Hamburg, because the main stations are further away from the coast and located more in the city center, but some waterways or channels leading to the Elbe or parts of the Alster in Hamburg should be visible...

Furthermore JD's attempts to speak German didn't sound too bad at all! ;)

• Like Like x 2
  13. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

After everything I've read about Hamburg-Lübeck, the thought occurred to me that it would be better if DTG pushed back their intended release date and revised HHL again.

• Like Like x 9
  14. vogelm10

vogelm10 Well-Known Member

How bugged will it be?

Also...rush hour...so you're going to give us the actual timetable for routes that we already paid money for and you've been holding back on us? I can imagine as soon as that comes out it'll be the classic "out of memory" xbox crash for any of us poor console players....It will be nice to actually have the LIRR function properly and have massive amounts of trains like in real life....assuming LIRR gets any of these updates, prob not though.

• Like Like x 2
  15. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 6
  16. mclitke

This gets said every time a release is imminent. So far the only times dlc have been pushed back was at a point in time when they have not shown anything yet. For example SEHS was pushed back but we didn't know that because we hadn't seen anything but the route name and the rolling stock from the road map at that point.
    The moment they decide to show pictures and devblogs, expect to receive exactly what you have seen. It is not even unlikely that they have locked in the release date for the consoles given how the certification with Microsoft and Sony works.
    At this point all you effectively can do to send a signal is to not buy on release / at full price. And then hope that there are enough people outside the forums who share the issues, that in the end it will actually matter.

• Like Like x 6
  17. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’ve just been watching some YT videos of trains at Hamburg and noticed that some of the Dostos were low door, usually in a consist of high door Dostos. I don’t know if these trains were going to Lübeck, but they were definitely in Hamburg. So, it might not be too bad that the only Dostos are low floor.

That said, I remain very frustrated with the decisions being made within DTG. Do they want a great product, or just an OK product? The management teams seem happy with an OK product or more time and resources would be spent bringing that added layer of authenticity.

I’m seriously in two minds whether to buy HBL now. I loved the route and both main stations looked superb and I’ve been looking forward to its release for a while. But all that effort and excitement is spoilt by them cutting corners.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Like Like x 3
  18. TheRealJuralumin

TheRealJuralumin Member

Forum reaction to the new route:

Boo!
    Boooo!
    That was the worst route I’ve ever played!
    It was terrible!
    Horrendous!
    Well it wasn’t that bad.
    Oh, yeah?
    Well, there were parts of it I liked!
    Well, I liked a lot of it.
    Yeah, it was GOOD actually.
    It was great!
    It was wonderful!
    Yeah, bravo!
    More!
    More!
    More!
    More!

• Like Like x 3
  19. mclitke

Well all I know I that the cab cars are low doors only, maybe you have seen that?
    And even if they use mixed low entries, what pains me is that apart from the recent ic coaches all we have ingame are Dostos, even though we use plenty different coaches here as well. Then the next hit is that the correct stock existed in TS. So instead of giving us that minimum of variation in the coaches that is the different placement of the doors, we still only get the same wagons we get "every" release.
    And even that one could overlook but then you get a 112 that has a front not fully faithful to the real thing, and a 182 which shows errors from the existing 182, proving it to be a mere copy with new livery and alternate cab. And you get the same freight wagons in the same branding as have previously existed.
    And then you get told by the lead developer that it doesn't matter because you would not notice anyway. Ouch, because that hurt me as it to me showed that they don't care, since clearly people will notice, and have noticed long before the stream, and surely they must have taken note of it. Yet still Matt had to say that.

By now I am just repeating myself, I think I will refrain from commenting on the topic of HHL as they have received more than enough feedback by now.

Oh and don't read it as a dig at you, I was just going on from your post ;)

• Like Like x 3
  20. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

The route will be standard price , £24.99

21. Coastway trainspotter

Same here , if I had RSN and the 182 already I wouldn’t have bought this

22. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I think that ship sailed some time ago!

• Like Like x 2
  23. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I am not so sure - IOW case :) I bet on -10%

• Like Like x 1
  24. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I think it was the cab car dostos that had the low doors.

25. Coastway trainspotter

But that was an 8 mile route , this is 50 miles . SEHS is about 50 miles as well , so it’ll be standard price

26. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Wouldn't it be technical more accurate to say they recycled the same rolling stock.The term rush hour normally is referring to getting somewhere fast as opposed to getting something done fast.

• Like Like x 3
  27. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Yesterday, during the stream, JD announced - the price is not yet determined :) We will see.

• Like Like x 2
  28. SHINO BAZ

Maybe we should get a recycle discount?Yea i know this won't happen but one can dream.

• Like Like x 2
  29. breblimator

breblimator Guest

That's what I thought - to silence criticism, they will propose a better price. Speculation. However, usually such speculation is cut short - standard price. Yesterday there was no such sentence.

• Like Like x 2
  30. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

If DTG surprise us with a discount as a result of the recycled content in this route, I might actually be convinced enough to buy it.
    But I know that won’t happen, at the very least it’s unlikely.

• Like Like x 4
  31. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

We can be such a grumpy bunch.
    “I’ve seen detergents that leave a better film than this.”

• Like Like x 1
  32. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

*Cough Diesel Legends of the Great Western Cough*

33. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Which will be unusable, because there is no way to choose rolling stock livery in the game, and alternate liveries never, ever appear on German trains.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  34. grob-e

grob-e Well-Known Member

Well, you can choose at least in scenario planner...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  35. vogelm10

vogelm10 Well-Known Member

Scenario planner is a broken mess and has been since tsw 2 launched. I have lost any hope of it being usable by this point.

And DTG, I would apologize for always being so critical but I just don't care anymore. The fact that everything is always a broken mess this far along into the game's existence is just no longer acceptable.

• Like Like x 12
  36. SHINO BAZ

Maybe dtg is holding off on the price because they want to get a feel for what the reaction to this route is frist.
    1. If it's positive then it will normal price.
    2. If it's negative then it won't be nomal price.
    3. If it's highly positive it will cost more then normal price.(Before you think no way this could happen,just look at what's been happning up to now.)
    Because there's no good reason to hide the price unless your up to something.

Yea,i know it will be normal price.

• Like Like x 2
  37. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

Do the "new" locos at least support Raildriver?

• Like Like x 1
  38. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

I'm not reading this situation quite that way. Sam is referring to the subject matter of the content- "if you don't like US freight, don't buy Clinchfield. If you don't like commuter rail, don't buy RT." He isn't commenting on value for money, which is what applies in this case.

Here the apparent attitude of DTG is, "This is all you're gonna get. No new rolling stock at all, and even the re-runs are wrong. Tough cookies. Take it or leave it."

• Like Like x 2
  39. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

You know, I found it very odd that JD didn’t want to talk about the price on the stream. The usual answer to questions about price is that it will be the usual price. I understand why they don’t reveal the release date as that could change but the price is usually standard. It could be that they have decided to raise the prices of their DLC and this is the first route that is going to be more expensive. It is the start of a new financial year after all.

• Like Like x 3
  40. mclitke

Sure and I would credit that as well, but unfortunately DTG told on streams that actually Covid didn't impact them as bad as some might expect. Adding to this, they did the route in the older TS already, so most of the required material was already there. Oh and as a bonus, on the TS version it not only had the high entry dosto cars, but a sweet and unique diesel mainline loco in form of the BR 218 that until very recently did lots of services on this route.

• Like Like x 3
  41. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

Yeah, they were in no hurry to mention the price, a price hike really would be a kick in the teeth! Wrong and recycled stock with nothing new and a price hike to go with it? Ooooof

• Like Like x 4
  42. mclitke

Oof, I am actually not that opposed to a pricing raise, but to imagine that they might raise their content price on the legs of the HHL route in the state that it currently is makes me shiver...
    Some people here have said that they were willing to pay more, but I think it is fair to say than one expects more effort to be put into it. So no more wrong catenary, no more missing fences, and new/appropriate rolling stock, close to the level of BR 363, class 465 and BR 101.

• Like Like x 8
  43. SHINO BAZ

If the price does end up going up starting with this route,especially with the way people feel about it's current content it might be a shock to dtg bank account.(Plus with dtg release it broken fix it later policy,they just might be pushing there luck trying to stick it to there costumers this way).

• Like Like x 4
  44. mrcharliemiggins2.0

mrcharliemiggins2.0 Well-Known Member

If the prise is raised on this DLC, I have a feeling that this will be the worst performing DLC (or German route at least) DTG have done. I mean, some people think that the prices are too high currently.

• Like Like x 2
  45. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I am afraid this is irrelevant. The TS2021 version of the route has the high entry dostos in the game so there would be no need to travel to get reference for high entry dostos since they already have reference material to begin with

• Like Like x 3
  46. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

If they ask for more than £24.99 for HBL, I certainly won’t be buying it.

• Like Like x 5
  47. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I definitely feel short changed being a TSW 2 player than a TS Classic player. Shorter routes, fewer trains. It didn’t bother me so much before because I felt like DTG was making a decent effort making the TSW 2 routes more detailed. But the contempt towards its loyal customer base by dismissing things as unnoticeable is a real kick in the teeth.

• Like Like x 4
  48. SHINO BAZ

It's been suggested in the past the dtg caters to there german fans with more content then other countries tend to get,so it will be interesting to see how there german fans response to this routes inaccuracies.

• Like Like x 3
  49. SHINO BAZ

Dtg says they didn't think it was worth there time to make a new high door dosto coach,so your telling us with you having several 3rd party companies helping with routes and loco add ons,This wasn't enough assistants to free you up so you could devote alittle time to one new coach?

• Like Like x 1
  50. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

The way Hamburg-Lübeck looks at the moment I will definitely not pay more than the usual € 29.99, especially after DTG Clinchfield has delivered so well

• Like Like x 3