Petition To Change Era Of Cornwall Route

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by trainjohn89, Apr 26, 2021.

Tags:
  1. trainjohn89

trainjohn89 New Member

As you all know the cornwall route set in 1951-1990 for me this is really disappointing. Besides I have also noticed many other people who are unhappy with the current setting, as far as I know this has not happened to any other route at this extent. The route itself is fine only the time era is wrong in my opinion, and the big Cornwall suggestion thread has wanted something in the modernish 2000s 2015s era that would have been much better as we would have got sprinters 150, 158 which are not yet presented in tsw anyway, in my opinion a missed opportunity...
    So anyway I started this petition to change the time era of this route from

5 1951 to 1990 to either
    6 1991 to 2010 or 7 2011+, I prefer 2000s

If you do support my idea then please like this post, the more the better. Please think about it DTG/Rivet Games.
    THANK YOU : )

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 20
  2. isaac47593

isaac47593 Well-Known Member

So you would rather a 150/153 to a 50 or a Hymek????

• Like Like x 6
  3. jamesbaby286

jamesbaby286 Well-Known Member

This is something more appropriate to the Rivet forums as this is their route they are developing. DTG has no say over what third parties choose to develop. I would suspect it is already too late for a massive foundational change like that.

Also it's a good idea not to speak for everyone with "As you all know it is really disappointing having the cornwall route set in 1951-1990." as it isn't disappointing for everyone even if you have noticed many expressing disappointment.

• Like Like x 13
  4. trainjohn89

trainjohn89 New Member

Yes

• Like Like x 3
  5. trainjohn89

trainjohn89 New Member

I was hoping Dtg would be passing this over to rivet.
    I clearly said "in my opinion"... just read

6. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

I'm personally looking forward to the idea of getting my hands on a hymek

• Like Like x 3
  7. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

I’m happy with the era as it is and do not want it changed. As others have said, hopefully we get a Hymek.

You may have stated ‘In my opinion’ later in your post, but you started with’As you all know it is disappointing....’, which implies you are speaking for all.

• Like Like x 6
  8. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

I don't mind this as a 1970's or 80's route, as it would be somewhere to drive the 52 on a period route or even a Class 50 or Valenta HST if we're lucky.

But I would still like a modern GWR regional route, like the Riviera Line with a Sprinter and Pacer. Ideal for TSW if you think about it, as we have the HST and can sub in the Class 166 which now runs on this line. Also a sensible length and a very scenic and iconic route.

• Like Like x 2
  9. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

The earlier the route, the better if you ask me. It’s time for the BR Green diesel era to have some time in the spotlight.

Some Hymeks or Class 22s will do nicely :)

• Like Like x 2
  10. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

It could be BR Green, allowing cross-over with steam services (steam being in development) but would require more branch lines (of which some were shut in the 60's on this route) so I don't think it is. Too early to tell but I suspect it's either a reuse of the Class 52 and 47 (maybe a new Class 50) with a new DMU (Class 122 would be good) or the 101 (again...) in a 70's BR Blue theme or a late 80's Intercity theme with a Valenta HST and a Regional Railways Sprinter (of some type, likely the Class 150, 153 or 155). Either would be interesting.

Plus I don't think the Class 35 ever operated this far west normally (I could be wrong) as they were more common around Bristol (from what I've read). Class 22 maybe but again I'm not too sure on that. Parcels trains would be good fun though, with the Mk1 BG coach or TPO.

Sprinter should be developed at some point as it allows for a lot of reuse potential on future routes.

• Like Like x 1
  11. trainjohn89

trainjohn89 New Member

It is very interesting that you obviously have no bigger problems... Btw when looking at the majority of posts on this forum then you'll find plenty of other phrases like "we want" etc. so according to your logic you should write all of them and to get their attention, great idea...

• Like Like x 1
  12. trainjohn89

trainjohn89 New Member

That actually is the best part. Some people don't know what locos were in operation at that time on that route and still they shout out loud... The 35 as you said barely entered western cornwall, there were some services, though everything else but regular and only 2 locos were based in plymouth and none in long rock. So please inform yourselves.

• Like Like x 1
  13. thomastl59374

thomastl59374 Well-Known Member

You could suggest that Rivet follow the example of DTG and make an alternative timetable with modern stock. Personally I'm looking forward to another period route as apart from CRR there hasn't been one for a while.

• Like Like x 2
  14. trainjohn89

trainjohn89 New Member

Splendid idea, it's not the same though.

15. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

They won’t pass it over especially but someone from Rivet might see it. You are wasting your time trying to get them to change the era of the route though. A lot of thought will have gone into the planning of this route already and they aren’t going to change it now because a handful of people prefer more modern trains. That’s not how it works.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

If you're going to write a petition, shouldn't you include a poll?
    And anyway I would vote no to the proposition, time period suits my interest fine, the earlier the better. Not saying there shouldn't eventually be Sprinters in the game but as others have already stated, an iconic route with iconic traction is going to be a huge seller.

• Like Like x 2
  17. MrSouthernDriver

MrSouthernDriver Well-Known Member

I think I wouldn’t mind which era it’s set in personally, the class 50’s are still good in my opinion and I would also love those class 121/117’s chugging about as well

• Like Like x 1
  18. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

I prefer a more modern period. 21st Century so any period from 2000 to now please.

I would think that Rivet have chosen a period they don’t have to work hard on to achieve a decent accuracy. I was very disappointed with IoW as it doesn’t replicate a truly realistic environment.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Phil78

Phil78 Active Member

'51 - '90 will do just fine for me.

20. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  21. dave from Cornwall

dave from Cornwall Well-Known Member

We dont know which end of 1950-90 it will be?

So lets untwist our knickers and see what the good people at Rivet offer us?

#Kernowbisvyken

• Like Like x 1
  22. dedh98mosqueto

dedh98mosqueto Active Member

I would suggest early if not just after the end of Conrail so there is a lot of color and variety.

23. dedh98mosqueto

dedh98mosqueto Active Member

my bad. I miss read the title ignore my previous comment.

24. hibiki

hibiki Well-Known Member

I like the idea of 50-90. Gives scope for steam, and diesel. Also if they really want, they could put the ill fated Skipper units in as well. As I believe they did run in that area when new.

25. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

It won’t be changed now , it’s to late

26. dasmith1

dasmith1 Active Member

Just hope Pacers will be added to the route (If it’s Confirmed)