Button Offset Issue In Fullscreen

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Daniel Bloch, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

In the menues and the 2D-map the buttons are offset in fullscreen mode. I have to click a bit under the buttons instead of the middle. In the windowed mode it works fine.
    The button offset is just the amount of the windows taskbar and it looks like when the picture get stretched from windowed mode with the taskbar visible to fullscreen the clickboxes dont get repositioned.

I have send a ticket to the DTG support in september 2017 (ticked #KZF-143-79268) and it was closed without fixing it.

I have made a litte video to show it to you because the mouse pointer is not visible on screenshots.
    First part of the video is windowed fullscreen without the issue then i switch to fullscreen and the offset is there.

Its a video of an old build, but the issue still exist since TSW release for me.

I am running TSW on an i7-4790k, GTX1080, Ultrawide 21:9 screen with gsync and 3440x1440 resolution.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  2. Daniel Bloch

So no reply here or on my support ticket? I guess this means nobody cares at DTG about this issues? Thx for nothing DTG... why i am giving feedback to you, if nobody cares.
    I opened a new ticket again because my old just was closed without any solution, but i guess it gets closed too without a solution.

3. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

On the offset button issue, do you use multiple displays that have different refresh rates?

I'm looking into the reasons as to why your ticket was closed without a response and I'll come back to you separately.

Best, Steve

Last edited: May 1, 2018
  4. Daniel Bloch

No i am using one display in fullscreen mode... i have that issue since the TSW beta, since them i bought a new graphicscard and a new monitor, but the issue stays. (old was a GTX960 with a HD-monitor, now i use a GTX1080 with a 32" 21:9 ultrawide gsync monitor @ 3440x1440 resolution).

@Steve: and regarding support tickets, i have now around 35 or 40 tickets made, all have been closed without any fix or solution.

5. TrainSim-Steve

Hi Daniel,

I've just checked the logs on your ticket. Your ticket was submitted to us at 6:29pm on 9th September 2017 and we responded to you at 1:44pm on 12th September 2017. We have not received any further response from you to our message and the site then automatically closed your ticket as it was inactive for a certain number of days.

As you have submitted a new ticket, could you provide me with your new ticket number so I can ensure you get a timely response.

Best, Steve

6. TrainSim-Steve

Thanks for letting me know Daniel. TSW does not yet support ultrawide monitors and I suspect this may be the cause however I'd like to pass this over to the Development Team to look into in greater detail for you.

Best, Steve

7. Daniel Bloch

@Steve: yes the DTG support did respond with the "standard solution" that is descriped here https://dovetailgames.kayako.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/267/12/experiencing-technical-issues.

I allways have the actual drivers and updates installed, so i didnt respond there because doing that wont solve the issue.

New ticket number is #WOT-992-61713

Step 1-9 dont give my any solution, i added now the dxdiag and my ingame settings in the new ticket. I hope you guys can find a solution for this.

Thx for the reply here steve, i wish we get more feedback like that :)

8. Daniel Bloch

Like i wrote, i have this issue since TSW beta, i used a HD-monitor with 16:9 and 1920x1080 at the beginning of the TSW. Middle of 2017 i switched to the ultrawide monitor, the issue was present AT BOTH monitors. So the ultrawide is not the problem.

9. TrainSim-Steve

Thanks very much for the additional detail Daniel.

I have discussed this with the Development Team who have confirmed they would like to look into this in greater detail for you, and I have now booked this in.

I'll ensure someone comes back to you directly via your ticket.

Best, Steve

• Like Like x 1
  10. Daniel Bloch

Awesome news Steve :) Sorry for my harsh writing in post #2... but sometimes its really frustrating not hearing anything from you guys here in this forums.

11. TrainSim-Steve

I totally understand Daniel, no apologies necessary. Sometimes we just need a nudge :)

Best, Steve

12. giogurto_grande

giogurto_grande Active Member

Hi,

I get a similar issue (I need to click a little above buttons to make them work). It happens to me only when Nvidia Surround is enabled. I have a triple-monitor setup and sometimes play TSW with all three displays. It happens regardless of what the actual resolution is set in the game (either 5760x1080 or 1920x1080). My current workaround is changing the game's resolution to anything different, then going back to whatever it was before. When I have disabled Surround before I launch TSW, the problem does not occur at all.

Hope this helps reproduce and solve this one :)

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
  13. TrainSim-Steve

Thanks for the additional feedback giogurto_grande.

Could I ask which GPU you have and whether you have the latest drivers installed for all of your hardware?

Best, Steve

14. giogurto_grande

giogurto_grande Active Member

Sure Steve,

My GPU is GeForce GTX 970 (MSI Gaming 4G, to be exact). My drivers are up to date.

15. Daniel Bloch

Interesting, i tried what giogurto_grande said with changing the resolution to 1920x1080 and then back to 3440x1440.

The offset is then gone in the menue, if i start a service ride its there again. If i then do the same in "the cab" the issue is gone again and i dont have the offset in the 2d-map. But exiting to the menue its there again.

16. TrainSim-Steve

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing that Daniel, I'll add this into the notes.

Best, Steve

• Like Like x 1
  17. Daniel Bloch

I made a little video where you can see the issue in 3440x1440, then switchting to 1920x1080 its gone and back to 3440x1440 where its temporaly gone too. But only until you leave the game or start a service ride, then you have to do it again.

18. TrainSim-Steve

Wonderful, thanks Daniel :)

19. Daniel Bloch

Any news on this? Will there be a fix in the near future?

20. Daniel Bloch

One month later, any news on this?

21. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

We are working on it;)

22. Uncle Ben

Uncle Ben New Member

I have the same issue and your posting helped me to find a workaround: my taskbar was set to be left and I had to click right of the wished icon. After reading your post, it tried to place the taskbar at bottom, which is default for the taskbar. Now I can click directly on the icon to select it. I hope this will help you and also DTG to find the reason for this issue.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  23. Daniel Bloch

NICE!!! i have my taskbar on the top of my screen, putting it on the bottom fixed the offset. Nice find, thx for that!

I will add this as replay to my DTG support ticket, maybe they can now easier figure out something to fix it.

Last edited: May 31, 2019