PC Entering The Drivers Seat While You Are Crouched Makes The Driver's 3d Model Sit Too High

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by TheRealJuralumin, Apr 30, 2021.

1. TheRealJuralumin

TheRealJuralumin Member

Being in the crouched position when you enter the drivers seat causes the model to glitch, in some cases clipping through the train. This is the case with every train and is very easily reproducible. It doesn't occur 100% of the time, but is still very consistent, it seems to depend on where the camera is pointed when you press E; looking down at the seat makes it less likely, looking slightly up or away from the seat makes it happen much more often.

I first noticed this when I was in the ICE 3M and was crouched down adjusting the switches on the bottom right side of the cab, I turned around and sat in the drivers seat without standing up, then layer when I went to the exterior camera I realised I was clipping through the train!

I have provided a couple images of the glitch:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

The ICE one is an issue I have come across before , never had the issue with the 377 though

3. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

So . . . why would one want to try to sit in the driver's seat while crouched, anyway?

4. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

Happened to me after turning on the security systems in the ICE and then mounting the seat. I crouched before to open the cabinet and reach the buttons ;-)

5. mancunian#7861

mancunian#7861 Active Member

Hi guys. Hope this isn't a daft question but how does one crouch? I've been wondering why there's no crouch for getting down to see the switches on the left in SPG 4400CW or whatever it is (sorry at 1.45am my brain's not working 100% lol) so happy to hear that there is. I suppose it will be bound to a key somewhere so I guess it will be in settings/options. I'll have a look next time I play but for the benefit of others, can anyone enlighten me please? I'd be grateful. Thanks.

6. TheRealJuralumin

TheRealJuralumin Member

It's C on the keyboard. Also when you're seated in the drivers seat you can press left and right on the arrow keys to cycle through all the internal cameras, most trains have special cameras for tricky to reach switches.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. TheRealJuralumin

TheRealJuralumin Member

Crouched down adjusting switches in the cab, and forgetting to stand up before clicking on the drivers seat, there's quite a few trains that have switches low down.