Br Class 123 For Diesel Legends

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by finntd#7891, Apr 25, 2021.

1. finntd#7891

finntd#7891 Well-Known Member

I made a post about adding a class 124/128 but after I posted it someone Commented about the Class 123 for services on DLGW I liked this idea and here we are I looked up and read on up about the Class 123 here https://www.railcar.co.uk/type/class-123/

The units came in 2 types of sets standard 4 Car sets, and 4 Car Buffet sets with a Buffet car in the mix which is why they have Gangway cab ends to allow through access to the buffet coach if a Non buffet set is coupled to a buffet set.

Services: I chose Diesel Legends because of when it takes place It takes place when the 123s were based at Reading while here they served services between Reading and London Paddington. I couldn't quite tell if they worked Express services or not so that's something Dovetail will have to figure out.
    They can also Substitute the Class 101 on Other routes like Northern Trans Pennine and Tees Valley, NTP in particular since they worked Trans Pennine services at the time whilst in Hybrid sets with Class 124s.

As of Real Life no Class 123s Exist all having been Scrapped in 1984 along with there Mechanical Brothers the 124s, But plenty of Images Exist of them so it might be Plausible to recreate one for TSW2.
    I also wanna mention about letting us put Gangway covers on the Ends of the 123s since most images I have seen of them have them on and I think it would look nice.

yea sorry this isn't the best explanation of them and how they could integrate them but I encourage you to look them up yourself.

• Like Like x 5
  2. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Yes please DTG. This class along with Classes 124 and 128 would make superb and each unique first generation DMU additions. The possibilities are enormous if these are added to GWE and NTP.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  3. elarthur

Lots of new services and variety if the Class 123 were added, perhaps in a pack with Class 128. With Class 124, there would be great use ability across both GWE (Legends) and NTP routes.

4. finntd#7891

finntd#7891 Well-Known Member

I already made a pack idea including the 124/128 indact i believe you replied to it

5. elarthur

Most likely as I am a big advocate of these units due to the fact that there are no surviving examples.