Hamburg - Lübeck: Line Numbers On Destination Boards / Platforms

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Task, Apr 30, 2021.

1. Task

Task Well-Known Member

So as seen in the stream the trains don't have the line numbers (RE 8, RE 80, RB 81 and RB 8) on its destination boards. The platform destination screens also don't have line numbers or even service type on them. Just the numerical service number. I hope those two things can be changed until release. The least thing I hope for is the service type (RE / RB) being added to the platform destination screens. I think the latter would only need additions in the respective service numbers in the timetable (as I have a little bit of modding experience). The other suggestions would need functionality on the destination screens on the train and on the platform.

• Like Like x 12
  2. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

It looks to me that DTG has decided that from this point forward it is best to have the destination boards auto-fill themselves in any route just looking at the destination in the timetable. That is why you do not get the line number or the real "out of the map" destination in the latest routes.

Pros:
    • Less development time spent on this.
    • Easier to use by new players.
    • Easier to make the stock work on any route (it is easier to add it as layers or substitutions in other routes).
    Cons:
    • Less realistic.
    • If you are an enthusiast and are used to the to the previous system, it is a step back.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 9
  3. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

Well the way Matt was going on about it it seems that it's a bug (or at least a small oversight to be rectified) that the line number doesn't show on the trains, although he said it won't be rectified before release, which implies to me that they've completely wrapped up development (bar a massive game-breaking bug they find) and been told to move on to something else (probably Rush Hour).

• Like Like x 2
  4. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

I hope so. The fact that SEHS has the same problem does not make me optimistic.

• Like Like x 2
  5. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

It looks awful on the Train and on the Station without the RE and RB Service and the Number.

• Like Like x 3
  6. dcnine#5410

dcnine#5410 Well-Known Member

I rewatched the stream because I was VERY concerned about what this meant for future routes, especially with this feature being something Adam's team plans to add to locos like the 146. I wouldn't want destination screens to get worse on existing locos! Now I am a bit reassured, because, as stated in this thread, Matt said it was a mistake, but also because he implied they would patch it to work on HHL after release (I assume similar to SEHS freight). I must say that if they do end up making this work, it would make the 146 layers on SKA, HRR, RRO, and HMA far more immersive. Gonna keep my expectations in check until we find out for sure though.

• Like Like x 1
  7. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

It’s so stupid to call all IC Layers Duisburg to Bochum only, and not used the real Stations from the start to the end.
    It makes no fun anymore with this stupid PIS System.

• Like Like x 4
  8. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The automatic PIS system is either...

1. Badly designed
    2. Badly implemented
    3. A combination of 1 and 2.

For an old timetable (that predates the system) that might not yet have the correct final destination data in it to be picked up by the system then that is excusable, it can be added later, but for a brand new timetable to not have that or the line number in it, or the system is not able to not pick it up from the timetable if it is there, then that is 1, 2 or 3 above. That’s not really excusable.

• Like Like x 6
  9. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

DTG impressed me when they began implementing PIS boards to routes starting with the Bakerloo. However, I’m disappointed that they seemed to have taken a step back with player immersion in relation to setting destination displays from inside the cab. Starting with LGV and continuing with the new trains included in SEHS, the destination displays on the train set automatically and are not user-changeable in game. I preferred the system before when we could set them manually. They can still have them set automatically, but the displays should also be changeable from inside the cab.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

TBH, the best system is the one in MSB. You can select your destination, or press the "auto-select" button and let the game do it for you.

• Like Like x 3
  11. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

True, but that’s also before the dot matrix system was implemented. MSB just had flat "lookalike" textures for destination displays.

12. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

When Matt was scrolling through the list of services in the menu they all had their line number shown, so I assume everything is in place for the PIS to display this but it is badly implemented at the moment.

13. Higgybaby90

Higgybaby90 Active Member

For me the worst thing is the fact PIS doesn't show Destinations outside the game map anymore.
    Especially for long distance services it Kills the immersion a lot.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Task

Task Well-Known Member

Well the IC displays are able to show them, the data is just not set up in the HRR timetable. As seen on the ICs in service mode on HMA (modded).

• Like Like x 2
  15. Higgybaby90

Higgybaby90 Active Member

For HRR I can kinda accept that (since it is an old route), but not on HBL (IC 2221 HAMBURG HBF)

• Like Like x 2