Tsw2- Hamburg S1

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by MrSouthernDriver, May 1, 2021.

1. MrSouthernDriver

MrSouthernDriver Well-Known Member

The S1 Line of the Hamburg S-Bahn is the city’s second largest, initially traversing the outskirts before diving into the heart and serving many locations including the nearby international airport. This historic line originated in the early 1900s, and still aids in the movement of people day in and day out. Take command of the ever-busy ‘Mass Transit Metro’ over the Hamburg S1 S-Bahn for Train Sim World 2

Life, for what would become known as the Hamburg S-Bahn, began in 1906 with the opening of Hamburg Hbf where steam hauled services would run between Blankenese and the city itself. Despite the railway tracks in this area were not exactly ‘new’, this is the first time that they had been used in ‘rapid-transit’ style operations; as such, the new usage came under the name of the Hamburg-Altona Urban and Suburban Railway.

the rolling stock:

upload_2021-5-1_12-52-19.jpeg

The DBAG Class 474/874 is a three-car electric multiple unit train for the Hamburg S-Bahn. The class 474 were built to replace the nearly-60-year-old class 471 trains. Some units have a pantograph to service the 2007 opened line to Stade on an overhead catenary track.

These will run anywhere from 250 - 300 services along the route

upload_2021-5-1_12-59-30.jpeg

This is Hamburg S Bahn Werk at Ohlsdorf where the trains are stored at night

and at Ohlsdorf it meets up with the S11 line

• Like Like x 6
  2. anas.hera

anas.hera Active Member

I wouldn’t buy this for many reasons, mostly because 75% of the route will constantly feel empty and we’ve already got this in train simulator. I’d prefer the S3

3. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

I would love to see this route too. I already created a thread with detailed description of this route early last month.

Last edited: May 1, 2021
  4. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent idea and if some of these trains have 15kv 16.7hz capability like the DB BR474.3 & DB BR490 those can possibly be layered on S Bahn München HMA DLC S Bahn Rhein-Rhur network RRO RSN HRR & SKA routes by simply activating the pantograph instead of playing off the rails mode to play third rail trains on 15kv 16.7hz routes.
    Video is by LightningMG on DB BR474.3 Pantograph mode switch

5. Special EliteYT

Special EliteYT New Member

Stuff like this should be in rush hour.... I mean cmon dtg....