Worrying About A Coal Train

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Krazy, May 1, 2021.

1. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

Hey folks, just a quick question.

I was doing that one service on the Sand Patch Grade where you load a coal train at Rockwood Mine (the service, not Powering America Part 1). After a bit of coal loading, I was worrying that I wasn't loading enough coal. So I turn on the objective markers, and yep, they're at only 97%. Being the coward that I am, I gave up, worrying that I would waste my time, and did a different CSX service instead.
    As someone who wouldn't want to have to load the whole train at 2 mph, and then realize I have to back it up at a slower speed to fully fill it up, should I be worried? Or is the game fine with 97% loaded cars? This question can also apply to East Coastway, since that route has aggregate loading.

2. nockwurst

nockwurst Well-Known Member

97% is considered full. You’re good. Just did that scenario this week myself.

3. Hiro Protagonist

Hiro Protagonist Well-Known Member

I think it counts as "Complete" at 75% full or the like, once the circle goes green you're all good. 100% needs something like 1.6mph which is frustratingly slow for no real gain.

4. RestrictedProceed

RestrictedProceed New Member

Similar thing happened to me in the Greenbriar Branch scenario on Clinchfield. I finished loading all my cars at Crooked Bridge Tipple, but the game wouldn't accept it. I turned on the objective markers and realized some of the cars were only 97% full. I ended up having to reverse the entire 40 car long train up the very steep grade. Thankfully, the three poor engines were able to hold the rails somehow, still I was barely able to get to 1 mph.

5. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

A similar thing happened to me on a coal train ( Or maybe it was a gravel train? I can’t remember ) filling task on Tees Valley Line. For some reason I couldn’t get the speed limiter to work at 1mph and I had to reverse the whole train in order to fill it all up properly.

Very annoying.

Last edited: May 1, 2021
  6. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

97% is not full. You have to be 100% loaded. I found that out to my cost on Clinchfield, SPG and Eastcoastway!

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  7. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Simply put, the game's recommended 2 mph is too fast. Keep it to 1.6

• Like Like x 1
  8. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

Can I assume that only service mode is strict then? Because the game was definitely fine with 97% in Powering America Part 1, although I don't know if it's that generous in other routes' scenarios.